“I'm a platinum member....I love this property and the people!”

Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #59 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“I'm a platinum member....I love this property and the people!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here at least 100 times in the past ten years! I always look forward to returning to the Renaissance! Patrick and jamie at the front desk are two of the greatest people I've met! They check you in very quickly and then off to the extra large rooms and great beds! They recently renovated the lobby and lounge.....,beautiful! I always like the food and drinks ....now they have entertainment on certain nights! I've read the comments and I don't Agree....this is five star treatment! The drivers Henri, Philipe do a great job! If you want a clean, peaceful fun hotel location.....this is your place! I've stayed over 150 nights last year and I still love the renaissance!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank david b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years. The hotel is in a great location if you are flying in or out of PHL airport. The staff is always very helpful, professional and courteous. Recent renovations to the lobby and bar area were a welcomed addition and look up to date and trendy.

The rooms are a B+, nothing super - a typical lovely Marriott bed/pillows, but somewhat dated furniture and styling. The room and bathroom were very clean.

As a frequent business traveler I am used to over-priced food and drinks in hotels. But when I was given a $17.00 ($18.02 inluding tax) bill for a very sub-par breakfast buffet, my entire experience at this hotel was diminished (thankfully the freindly wait staff was somewhat of a saving grace). There was the usual fare of fruit, meats, french toast, scrambled eggs,etc. At 9:30AM the scrambled aggs and potatoes were literally 1 spoonful from being gone. More would be coming out I was told. Same with the empty french toast. The eggs that I did get were luke warm and the potatoes were under-done. The ham was dried and looked like it was on day 2 of being out. I hate to rant about a hotel buffet breakfast, but the $17 price tag is simply ridicuous for the spread they put out. It's worth maybe half that much. Save your money and eat at the airport or the McDonalds a mile south of the hotel.

Nice hotel, but change the breakfast experience and buffet pricing...

Room Tip: A room on the west side is not facing the airport.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan28970
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 5, 2014

As a native of Philadelphia who has moved away and comes back to visit often, I have driven by this hotel countless times; however, this was my first time staying in the hotel as I had an event to attend close to the airport. I was pleasantly pleased upon entering the hotel and seeing the lovely modern lobby decor. To top it off, the hotel clerk offered my sister and I a Philadelphia Pretzel!!! It was an excellent reminder of home and I'm sure a wonderful treat for those not from the area as well. The hospitality of the staff is what takes this hotel to 4 stars. Other than that, the room was pretty standard but one of our keycards was not working. We had an excellent view of the Philadelphia skyline from our room and surprisingly I was not bothered by noise from planes. I'm always a stickler for outlets to charge all of my electronic devices and was pleased that the room had outlets available on the nightstand and desk. Overall it was a lovely stay at a reasonably priced hotel and I would certainly choose to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Excellent park, stay & fly ....
Two times the shuttle challenges made this great option only average. ...no one tells you that they are not on the map / phone at airport (so carry the number), to be picked up you must be at zone 4 (no one tells you) and last but not least be prepared to be hung up , if you call late from pm flight return. Only Henry (a shuttle driver) cared . The night mar was unsympathetic

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Basically got chewed out by the airport shuttle driver for knocking on his passenger-side window while he missed me the first time around while driving on the farthest lane away from the baggage claim entrance and I had to ran down the length of terminal C to catch him. He yelled at me in front of 5 other passengers saying I'm "disrespectful" and stared at me pretty much the entire time during the 5-min ride.

Back to the hotel, I was given a suite (being a Ritz Carlton Gold) on the 10th floor and Concierge lounge access. When I got to my room, there was someone else occupied the room. I went down and was given another suite on the 5th Fl. Now the keycard couldn't open the room, back down to front desk again.

The next morning, my keycard failed to work at the Concierge lounge, again, back to the front desk. Took the dude close to 10 minutes to figure it out. Total lack of competence. Tried contacting Renaissance via Twitter, nothing.

I would avoid this place like the plaque. The suite had a musky smell, big stain on the sofa and it shows its age. The Concierge lounge has just the continental basics: bread, fruits, yogurt and juices...nothing to write home about.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Wow! What a great experience! I arrived mid-December 2013 on business. I called for a shuttle and it was there within five minutes. Jamie Laughlin at the front desk treated me like royalty. Even though it was a cold night, he handed me a bottle of water. What a nice touch - I was so parched from traveling. I asked for a minor upgrade and he granted it cheerfully, even though I am only Silver Elite. I phoned for room service and was greeted by name and served perfectly-prepared Caesar salad. When I awoke at 5:30AM the next day, I noticed a tiny erroneous charge on my bill. I called Sharif at the front desk and he fixed it right away. In the breakfast, I was greeted warmly and enjoyed a delicious yogurt parfait. When I was checking out, Sharif shook my hand (he recognized my name from the morning call) and he showed me the fixed charge. He overheard me say to the shuttle driver that I needed a ride to a nearby office park (my customer was only 1/2 mile away but there are no sidewalks). I said I wasn't leaving for 40 minutes. Sharif called me back over and handed me a key to the concierge lounge so I could wait upstairs! When I returned to the lobby, the driver shuttled me over to my customer. That evening, the hotel picked me up at the customer's place. When the evening driver learned I was going back to the airport, he called another shuttle driver and said, "Wait at the hotel. I'm bringing a guest back from the office park. You can take her on your airport run." I stepped from one shuttle to the other and was treated wonderfully. The Renaissance saved my company $30 in taxi fees and made me feel like a queen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I spent a pleasant night at this hotel after a harrowing drive in the rain from Harrisburg, PA. Being greeted by a true "ray of sunshine", Oscar, one of the managers, was a true repast from the challenging journey to get there. He could not have been more helpful. After checking us in, offering us bottles of water and escorting us to the room, he made sure to provide special touches to each step of our process. Oscar exemplifies what great customer service can and should be.

We had a late night dinner in Sanctuary, their restaurant, and found the food and the service to be very good. Being that it was around 9:00 PM, we were the only ones in the place. Curtis provided a great deal of personal attention and service to us. Several others could not do enough for us too.

This was a great overnight stay and our room was clean and ready for us on arrival. There was no problem getting the shuttle in the morning to the Philly airport. The driver was very cordial and conversational for so early in the morning.

To sum up, staying here the night before you fly out or longer would be well worth your time, effort and money.

PS -- Photo op in the lobby of this hotel. Quite an amazing sight and some great photos to be had.

Room Tip: If you like a view, choose a high room and try to get concierge level access for breakfast and snack...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple