“Very nice”

Ranked #59 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New Philadelphia, Ohio
“Very nice”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The workout room is fantastic. Plenty of treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, etc.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. Great beds with lots of pillows.
The staff , from the front desk , to the housekeeping, to the van driver , all were extremely friendly, helpful, and courteous.
I would definitely stay here again

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for 5 weeks while conducting business in the area. Everything about this hotel is fantastic. The staff and services are second to none. The hotel is spotlessly clean, my rooms have always super clean and comfortable. I use the hotel's shuttle service to and from the airport as well as locally. The drivers are friendly and ALWAYS take my abg from me to load into the vehicle whether it is my suitcase or computer roller badon a daily basis. Room service is fast and alwyas accurate. I've used the dinning room several times. The food is well prepared and delicious. The staff in the Concierge Lounge is helpful and always willing to engage in conversation. Sure makes you feel welcomed! If you are in this area for business or pleasure, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and comfortable. If you like a LOT of room I suggest booking a suite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
delaware
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Whenever we stay at this hotel we are about to embark on a tropical vacation and leave our car as part of their park and fly program. The hotel is currently being refurbished and our room had new bed furnishings and carpet and was very comfortable for a good night's sleep. The shuttle to and from the airport was smooth and on-time, and all of the hotel staff including the shuttle driver were friendly and professional. We will return the next time we fly from PHL!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel could use some updating but the service that the staff provides is outstanding. The food from the restaurant is pretty good but it is not going to blow you away. Overall, a very comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Really friendly and helpful staff, clean and large rooms. Good and plentiful food at a reasonable price. Excellent fitness suite and pool. But, slow breakfast service and limited menu during the week. Awful in-room internet which is not worth the price. First time I've had to kill a cockroach. As a business user staying for 4 nights it didn't come up to standard. If you want to stay one night close to the airport, it's great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for my business trip to Philly as I wanted to stay close to the airport. The outside of the hotel looked a little dated, and not what I would expect form a Renaissance or Marriott brand. However, once I got in side I was surprised with the super new / modern lobby that gave me almost a feel of their JW Marriott brand hotels. The staff was amazing, funny, and very helpful giving me the best check-in experience I have ever had. The rooms are a little dated like the outside, and leaves a little to desire...but they were clean and comfy. It feels like they bought the hotel, and are slowly making it the quality you would expect. They have a restaurant and bar in the lobby that I didn't eat at, due to the price...yikes!!! Also, expect to pay $12.95/24hrs for internet...but the speed was very nice and worth the money (especially if work is paying for it!). They don't have a real continental breakfast, but up on the top floor they have some breakfast pastries, oatmeal, and scrambled eggs that are free. Overall, I was happy with the experience, and will stay here again when in town for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the airport if you are an Aviation Buff...and you can see the runway and watch pla...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lutherville MD, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was invited to dinner a couple of weeks ago by a colleague and client after a 2014 kick off meeting that took place 15 October.I'm a Marriott Rewards Member but usually a Hilton guy but couldn't pass up the opportunity to stay at the Renaissance for a non-refundable $149. Standard rates are close to $250.
The entrance and lobby area are trendy and "artsy". The front desk help friendly and outgoing and the team at Dorsey's is accomodating. My room was comfortable although the bedding was a little soft. All in all a good experience and I hope to return to this property the next time I need to stay in Philadelphia for business or pleasure.
And I missed my soft pretzel.
If you're looking to dine out, there are plenty of decent Family owned eateries in the Essington area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business