“Great staff. Good price. But...”

Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #62 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Really friendly and helpful staff, clean and large rooms. Good and plentiful food at a reasonable price. Excellent fitness suite and pool. But, slow breakfast service and limited menu during the week. Awful in-room internet which is not worth the price. First time I've had to kill a cockroach. As a business user staying for 4 nights it didn't come up to standard. If you want to stay one night close to the airport, it's great.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for my business trip to Philly as I wanted to stay close to the airport. The outside of the hotel looked a little dated, and not what I would expect form a Renaissance or Marriott brand. However, once I got in side I was surprised with the super new / modern lobby that gave me almost a feel of their JW Marriott brand hotels. The staff was amazing, funny, and very helpful giving me the best check-in experience I have ever had. The rooms are a little dated like the outside, and leaves a little to desire...but they were clean and comfy. It feels like they bought the hotel, and are slowly making it the quality you would expect. They have a restaurant and bar in the lobby that I didn't eat at, due to the price...yikes!!! Also, expect to pay $12.95/24hrs for internet...but the speed was very nice and worth the money (especially if work is paying for it!). They don't have a real continental breakfast, but up on the top floor they have some breakfast pastries, oatmeal, and scrambled eggs that are free. Overall, I was happy with the experience, and will stay here again when in town for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the airport if you are an Aviation Buff...and you can see the runway and watch pla...
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was invited to dinner a couple of weeks ago by a colleague and client after a 2014 kick off meeting that took place 15 October.I'm a Marriott Rewards Member but usually a Hilton guy but couldn't pass up the opportunity to stay at the Renaissance for a non-refundable $149. Standard rates are close to $250.
The entrance and lobby area are trendy and "artsy". The front desk help friendly and outgoing and the team at Dorsey's is accomodating. My room was comfortable although the bedding was a little soft. All in all a good experience and I hope to return to this property the next time I need to stay in Philadelphia for business or pleasure.
And I missed my soft pretzel.
If you're looking to dine out, there are plenty of decent Family owned eateries in the Essington area.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Another Marriott does not disappoint. I stand by my opinion that they provide the best customer service. I had a mishap with the airport shuttle and ended up having to take a cab to the hotel. Upon explaining my situation, Jamie (James) at the front desk was very sympathetic and immediately insisted that Marriott cover my cab fee as well as provided me with an upgrade. He went above and beyond what was needed for this mishap which once again shows why I will always go back to Marriotts. Jamie is to be commended and recognized for handling the situation with grace. Overall - the rest of the service was fabulous - each and every employee willing to help. The lobby is freshly renovated and nice. Though the rooms are older, it was very clean and comfortable.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I am staying right now and completely surprised at the condition of this room. Floor hasn't been vacuumed and food is all over it. Bed is wrinkled and has ink stains on sheets.. They are clean but with stains. Lobby and front desk attendants really nice, just disappointed at condition of room.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyMom10
Reviewed October 14, 2013

As a Philly native, its always nice to go back home for a visit. This occasion was a quick visit, so stayed near the airport. Upon arrival, we were happy with the location and appearance. However the best surprise was the free soft pretzel we got at check in. What a welcome home present! Five stars! As a Marriott member, I always request a room near the top floor and this time, I got a room on the top floor (12th floor). The room was lovely especially the view of the Philadelphia skyline. The beds were super comfortable. Extra plugs available in nightstand lamp and on desk. Deductions for 1 key card not working when we got to the room, both for our room and another guest arriving around same time. Also bathroom tiles were a bit uneven especially near the tub. However, we would stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have had a number of trips where it worked out best to arrive PHL late evening to early morning. The staff here have always been exceptionally good to work with. The recent remodel makes it much more on design trend. Services are solid.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business