“Weekend Stay”

Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #63 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed just for a night. The hotel is so nice and pleasant in the lobby. As for the rooms they are so out dated. Our room had the worst odor. The best thing was the free parking. Upon our departure the gentleman at the front desk asked about our stay. My cousin and I let him know about the odor in the room and how no one let us know about the renovations. So we could be prepared for those outdated rooms. He made an adjustment to our account, which we graciously thank him for. Great staff, good location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is the best place to stay to go to sporting events in Philadelphia or for traveling in & out of PHL. Free airport shuttle. Staff is exceptional, very friendly and helpful. Food in lounge is OK. Breakfast buffet is amazing. Beds are very comfortable. Free parking and parking and fly packages available for travel outside of PHL.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room overlooking the estuary.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night driving on the way to NY. The hotel is nice - lobby has a trendy feel, the staff was very nice, the room was clean, parking was free and as a Gold member got free continental breakfast in the The Sanctuary restaurant and free internet.

Hotel was quiet on this Friday night, mostly filled with airline personnel from what I can tell.

Close to Harrah's in Chester which is fun and has some good dining options including Mien.

Overall, a good stay and would have no problem recommending. .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Someone driving up to this hotel could easily write it off as poor quality...the building is older and surrounded on three sides by a swamp. I know I did. But once inside and greeted by a cheerful and helpful staff, I knew this hotel would be okay.

Check-in was a breeze. There was some construction in the lobby so I had to navigate around missing floor tiles, but I could see that the rest of the lobby had already been renovated and it was very nice.

I was there attending a conference and over those 3 days the staff was helpful and accommodating, the food was excellent, and there were some nice touches I've not seen at other 'conference' hotels: sodas and coffee/tea all day and in the afternoon some warm pretzels with cheese sauce. The bathrooms in the conference area were large, very clean, and modern.

Had dinner one night in the bar area where a local jazz band was playing. The music was excellent as was the burger and homemade chips that I had. I didn't find the prices any more expensive than other hotel bars/restaurants. The waitstaff was friendly and the manager came to see if we were doing okay about halfway through our meal.

There were some things that need attention: my room door was warped and I had to kick it to get it open and while most of the bathroom was sparkling clean, underneath the vanity was dirty and there was some sort of liquid on the wall where someone had thrown something in the trash and it had splattered. One of the elevators had a malfunction somewhere...the doors would open and close 3 or 4 times before finally moving.

I can't emphasize enough how wonderful the staff was...everyone from reception to housekeeping to the bar staff. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel does not live up to the Renaissance franchise name. It seems like this hotel was recently purchased by Marriott and is going through a remodel. Perhaps could be ok some day, but for now, I would not recommend it. Better hotels in the area for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ryan R
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place is under construction, so hopefully it'll be better shortly. There is an airport shuttle that runs 20min and 40min after the hour. Fitness center is fine, 24/7; the room itself felt dingy, old, not as clean as I'd expect. Hotel bar is expensive. Check-in lady was terse, not welcoming. She made me feel like a nuisance and that it was my fault I didn't know which wifi to connect to. The only nice thing was the late checkout at 3pm the next day and the aveda products. Thank goodness it was just 1 night.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Monica P
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Normally I don't submit reviews unless a property is really good or really bad. This one was really bad.

First off, they nickel and dime you for everything. Charge for the internet, charge for printing, etc. They even charged me to have a package delivered while I was staying there. I travel all the time and never experienced these sort of excessive fees before.

Second, the bugs/flies were horrible. When we ate dinner in the restaurant, we were swarmed by flies. The server noticed us batting these away, but she didn't seem to care. I thought maybe it was just a problem that evening. But the next morning we had the same problem with breakfast. If there were that many flies where we were sitting, I can imagine what it was like in the kitchen. Disgusting!

The construction was the third issue. I completely understand and appreciate their trying to improvide the property. Moreover, with guests always there, there's probably never a good time to do construction inside the hotel. But it was everywhere. I was traveling with some colleagues on business. We tried having a meeting back behind the lobby area and were quickly forced out of that spot because of saws that started up right next to us. So we went to the restaurant for a little peace and quiet. Soon after that the cutting began in that area. We couldn't get away from it; the noise makes it very difficult for business travelers. We could even hear it in our rooms (on the 9th floor).

Very disappointing stay. Seems like they could have done more to make sure these issues were less of a distraction.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business