Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsphiladelphia airportthe concierge levelpark and flyan early flightbit datedfree shuttlepretzelsphlatriumbellman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I have just returned (June 9-11, 2008) from a two nite stay at this property and I vow not to return. I am a very frequent Marriott business traveller and I stay in Marriott properties almost exclusively.

Apparently, the hotel air conditioning system is in need of upgrades. My room was so hot for 2 nites that I slept very poorly. The staff said that "there was nothing" that they could do.
I ordered room service and my meal was lukewarm and my chicken looked like death warmed over.
I used the concierge lounge for 2 mornings. The room was so hot you could barely stand it. The staff had provided a large stand up style fan which helped but not much. The coffee maker in the lounge was "out of service" and the coffee pot provided was empty.
The desk clerk made me wait at check in while he checked in airline personnel that arrived after me ( I am a Marriott platinum member).
This hotel is not worth it at any price.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank EmilyC123
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Check-in was the best ever! Khalil Rembert greated us with a smile and gave us water ice to enjoy while he was waiting for housekeeping to finish getting our room ready. We even received an upgrade! Although the room was a bit worn the rooms by us were being updated. Khalil made our stay the best! Thanks Khalil!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank dillybarPa
Reviewed June 7, 2008

Stayed on 6/5/08; Location is good, away from the bustle of Philly airport, but only a mile or so away; quiet. free parking. Good airport shuttle service. Lobby attractive, staff friendly. If Marriott rewards member, they'll have a personal letter in your room, and a free pretzel and pack of forget me not seeds. Room was large, clean. Restaurant way overpriced, I'd suggest Philly Diner about 1 mile south down the road (towards Chester, away from PHL) which is 24 hour, and in front of Comfort Inn, next to a Dennys. Pool area: They tried; Atrium is very nice, indoor pool is clean, and there's a locker room; Also, about 20 room balconies overlook pool/hot-tub, so you'll always have people watching you swim, which I found creepy. Excercise room very small. Beds were comfortable, I suggest a room that's NOT on the main atrium, as loud people/groups in the lobby-their voice carries; Bed comfortable, dark. Great place to sleep. Price is high for the value though, in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Hogandoc1
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Took a chance on this hotel based upon the recent reviews. It was quite nice. The room (9th floor) was in excellent shape, quiet and very clean. Upon check-in, received a Hanks Gourmet root beear and hot cookie. And the concierge level. Went there, but they were closing and cleaning. Nice woman let me have anything I wanted from the snacks and non-alcohol (rest was locked away already).

Breakfast the following morning was in concierge and acceptable. Cereals, cheese, fruit, toast. Hard boiled eggs.

I swam in the pool and then sat in the hot tub before I needed to leave.

$223 for the night. Which for Philly airport was reasonable.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ArthurMF
Reviewed April 26, 2008

Been to Philadelphia a lot over the past two years and stayed in a variety of hotels... uniformly they have been over-priced and the hospitality and cleanliness have been substandard. The Renaissance has been a pleasant surprise... for the first time I wasn't greeted by surly staff.. they were so helpful, pleasant, polite and welcoming! While there is a small problem with the speed at which they clear dining materials from the hallways and the thoroughness with which they clean the rooms (I am particular) the hotel itself was great and they were quick to respond to needs.
Oh... if you want to sleep past 8am do not accept a room overlooking the pool. Children tend to get up early and play "Marco Polo" in the pool and you'll be wakened as soon as the pool opens. Otherwise, having a poolside room gives you a nice balcony and a beautiful view of the wildlife preserve.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business