“Normal airport hotel”

Ranked #59 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Helsinki, Finland
“Normal airport hotel”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good location near the airport. Room was what you would expect from a good airport hotel, clean and comfortable beds, although no minibar. Nice fitness room and pool. However, we were astonished that you had to pay for the internet also at the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Westminster, CO
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel 1 day on a business trip.
First off, GREAT price (even if it was a business trip). $109 plus tax is certainly reasonable.
Great location near the airport. The hotel is a landmark . . . you can't miss it. The only more convenient hotel to the airport is the Marriott in the airport.
Parking is free, which also is a plus. And there is plenty of it.
Check in was only so-so. I don't think they had their best person working the desk that day.
The hotel décor is very dated. At least they are sprucing up the lobby. There is construction going on there.
Concierge lounge was fine. Good hospitality by the staff there.
I used the workout room. It has plenty of treadmills, etc. I really got in an excellent workout there.
I had one unresolved issue. The TV remote in the workout room needed batteries (as in, there were no batteries in the remote, period). No biggy . . . I went to the front desk, and told them what the issue was, and they said they'd fix it ASAP. Well, it wasn't fixed for the hour I was in the gym. Come on guys, this is simple stuff!
They room itself is decent-sized, but again, the whole room needs update including the bathroom. Rooms smell a little musty. At least I had a good view from my high-floor room.
I left on a positive note. At least half a dozen employees said "good morning", "have a nice day", etc. Hey . . . it's small, but it matters. I saw the manager on the way out, who professionally said, "Did you have any issues with your stay, aside from our mess in the lobby." I appreciated this. I told him about the gym issue, and he didn't just give me lip service, he went right back to the gym to see/fix the problem for himself, and apologized. Again, I appreciate this type of attitude.
I did have a meal at the bar, and the bartender was very friendly and outgoing. The cheesesteak was surprisingly good, as well! Had a good meal and drink there. Very relaxing.
Chances are, I will stay here again. Location is good and the rebounded strongly on the service aspects. I hope they continue to remodel this hotel. Then you are in 4 or 5 rating territory.

Room Tip: high floor gives you a decent view of the surrounding area
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel looked like it had seen better days. The staff, however, was excellent!!! Restaurant was pretty good, but in our room the tub had standing water and a leaky faucet, and there was mold around the tub. Patrick, the manager, took care of the problem promptly!! He was great!!! I'm hoping all the other little problems have been fixed: marble threshhold extremely dirthy, springs broken in chair in room, tape on carpet leading to bathroom. Once again, the staff was extremely helpful. Cheers to them!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here the night before our flight to Chicago. After driving from Atlantic City we were enthusiastically welcomed by the shuttle attendant. This enthusiasm continued as we checked in with Tameka and received more friendly service (along with complimentary pretzels!) The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and the selection was good. The night ended at the bar with the amazing bartender, Cathi! If we ever travel to Philly again, we will definitely stay here!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We chose this hotel after being dumped by US Airways. We were given a voucher to get a discount room at a choice of airport hotels. I chose the Renaissance due to the price and proximity to the airport. I was pleasantly surprised. It was undergoing a renovation, but there were staff on hand to ensure we were directed to Reception and show the way to the rooms. We arrived after a hellish day of flight delays at about 10pm. We got into our room quickly and it was of a good standard. We ordered a meal which was very nice and arrived promptly. We used the phone to call family and the charges were reasonable. In the morning we noted that behind the curtains were dead bugs and dust, but it didn't put us off as the rest of the room was very good for the price paid. Cable TV choices was ample. We took the free shuttle back to the airport, it runs every 20 minutes. There are worse places to stay than this, I would stay again if I get stuck in Philly airport ever again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Visited this hotel for a conference, 5 mins from Philadelphia airport and hotel has a very good shuttle service. Quite (from aircraft noise) 95% of the time. Very good staff, friendly and genuinely helpful. During our visit there were major renovations in the foyer area so there was some disruption but the staff handled this well. I would recommend for a transit stop, but not for a stay longer than 2-3 days. There is a nice pool area and the gym is getting a makeover. The rooms are large but the decor is a little tired. I can also recommend the in-room dinning, good quality, fast service and hot food.

Room Tip: non- have very interesting views due to the location of the hotel. There are some rooms over looking...
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I found this hotel and their employees to almost be the best part of our honeymoon. We arrived and were greeted and provided for right away! We ate at their bar for a later lunch where a gentlemen over heard us talking to bar tender about it being the beginning of our honeymoon (we were flying out the following morning) and he bought us wine. We had a lovely conversation with the bartender and the food was very good! It was a little on the expensive side but that can be expected. Later that evening we had a knock at our door, the bartender from earlier that day sent us a bottle of champagne along with cheese, crackers and strawberries. We were blown away at the act of kindness and thoughtfulness. The room was pretty and very comfortable. The following morning our shuttle arrived right on time, dropped us off first and we were on our way. When arrived back, I called to have someone pick us up, the lady was extremely nice and they arrived within ten minutes. EXCELLENT STAY !!!!

Room Tip: we were on the 9th floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple