“Only Ok -in a pinch.”

Ranked #57 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
“Only Ok -in a pinch.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent one night here on the way back home from NY/NJ. Considerably high rate for what you get and the area you're in. Room was decent - perhaps remodeled. However, no fan in the bathroom and unless they put us in a ADA compliant room, the bathroom counter was extremely low. Not good for taller folks.
Despite the room rate, there was no WiFi and no mini fridge in the room we had, but we were not willing to pay more for one night or for breakfast which was also extra.
Still seemed cleaner than other options within a few miles, but you may want to consider driving a bit further to find accommodations if those are important to you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When booked into this hotel my initial thought why near the airport when my business was down town.I realised later that not many hotels in the city centre had space for a group of 10 for 5days due to some major conferences in the city.However we were all very pleased with the efficent service very comfortable accommodation and great breakfasts.The bar staff were exceptionally helpful and went out of their way to serve us items not on the menu.Reception were caring and exceptionally helpful as were all the front of house personnell.I recommend this hotel without hesitation........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just checked in last night. Looks like a bit of remodeling going on. We stopped in to eat right when we got here. I was disappointed. I'm gluten free and really had nothing I could eat. The waitress was so awesome. Loved her. She tried everything. She was outstanding, but I did not order. My son loved his Philly sub. The room was nice the hotel looks good but need a few updates. The people make the place. I say give it a try

• Stayed April 2013
Takoma Park, MD
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The picture is of a sparkling new tower but this place is threadbare and worn out. From the funky loose toilet seat and lousy bathroom exhaust fan to the front desk that just doesn't answer the phone half the time it was 50 percent overpriced. And when I called the day after checking out to see if I'd left my power cord in the room, they said they'd look and call me back but never did.

• Stayed March 2013
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a nice quiet hotel near Philadelphia International Airport. I live an hour away but work in the city. When I do not feel like driving home I get me a room and I am at work in 10 minutes the next morning. I even enjoy staying on my weekends off. The rooms could use a little updating but it is always clean and the staff is very friendly. Patrick at the front desk is the best!!! The pool is lovely and the gym is awesome. I love the breakfast buffet and the bar has awesome drinks and food as well. The beds are comfortable too.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the banquet floor when there is an event. Try higher floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
North Wildwood NJ
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night so we could caych an early flight.
Good * Location, Service, Restaurant and Cleanliness. The morning shuttle was timely and had a lot of aircrew aboard (that's a good thing!), Our dinner at the restaurant was much more than expected...from Tiffany our server to the excellently prepared meals, we were more than pleased. Special shout out to Phil Milewski, who did everything to ensure our stay was up to Marriott standards.
Not So Good - only thing was that there was no hot tub (wah, wah)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times this year on business. I would definitely agree with some of the other reviewers...the staff makes this hotel. Almost everyone I have encountered at this hotel is friendly, polite and completely focused on customer service. I even had the front desk attendant come to my room with me and inspect the cleanliness of the room...guess that could be a good or bad thing if cleanliness was an issue...which I don't see at all.

The rooms are large...maybe not the most up to date. Apparently the hotel is getting ready to undergo a renovation...at least the public spaces. In the room the bed is comfortable, the bathroom is large and very clean. There is some noise during the day...but what do you expect staying at a hotel that boarders the airport.

The hotel is somewhat removed from anything. I stayed here for work, without a car and tended to eat in the hotel lounge which was fine. The shuttle would have brought me elsewhere, so this was completely my choice. The shuttle drivers are all great and very friendly and always available.

I do tend to have issues with the room rate and the corporate rate at the company I work for. It usually results in a call every week to Jasmine who is very helpful in fixing the problem...but I do wish the hotel would get it right the first time.

Overall, I am generally happy with my stay here and will continue to stay here on business or a late night stop over in Philadelphia. I struggled with 3 or 4 "stars" and opted for 3 as the hotel met me expectations without any disappointments...easily could be 4 stars considering the customer service here...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business