Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #63 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The picture is of a sparkling new tower but this place is threadbare and worn out. From the funky loose toilet seat and lousy bathroom exhaust fan to the front desk that just doesn't answer the phone half the time it was 50 percent overpriced. And when I called the day after checking out to see if I'd left my power cord in the room, they said they'd look and call me back but never did.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a nice quiet hotel near Philadelphia International Airport. I live an hour away but work in the city. When I do not feel like driving home I get me a room and I am at work in 10 minutes the next morning. I even enjoy staying on my weekends off. The rooms could use a little updating but it is always clean and the staff is very friendly. Patrick at the front desk is the best!!! The pool is lovely and the gym is awesome. I love the breakfast buffet and the bar has awesome drinks and food as well. The beds are comfortable too.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the banquet floor when there is an event. Try higher floors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night so we could caych an early flight.
Good * Location, Service, Restaurant and Cleanliness. The morning shuttle was timely and had a lot of aircrew aboard (that's a good thing!), Our dinner at the restaurant was much more than expected...from Tiffany our server to the excellently prepared meals, we were more than pleased. Special shout out to Phil Milewski, who did everything to ensure our stay was up to Marriott standards.
Not So Good - only thing was that there was no hot tub (wah, wah)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times this year on business. I would definitely agree with some of the other reviewers...the staff makes this hotel. Almost everyone I have encountered at this hotel is friendly, polite and completely focused on customer service. I even had the front desk attendant come to my room with me and inspect the cleanliness of the room...guess that could be a good or bad thing if cleanliness was an issue...which I don't see at all.

The rooms are large...maybe not the most up to date. Apparently the hotel is getting ready to undergo a renovation...at least the public spaces. In the room the bed is comfortable, the bathroom is large and very clean. There is some noise during the day...but what do you expect staying at a hotel that boarders the airport.

The hotel is somewhat removed from anything. I stayed here for work, without a car and tended to eat in the hotel lounge which was fine. The shuttle would have brought me elsewhere, so this was completely my choice. The shuttle drivers are all great and very friendly and always available.

I do tend to have issues with the room rate and the corporate rate at the company I work for. It usually results in a call every week to Jasmine who is very helpful in fixing the problem...but I do wish the hotel would get it right the first time.

Overall, I am generally happy with my stay here and will continue to stay here on business or a late night stop over in Philadelphia. I struggled with 3 or 4 "stars" and opted for 3 as the hotel met me expectations without any disappointments...easily could be 4 stars considering the customer service here...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ord2002
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Renaissance airport is a fine choice for an overnight stay when all is needed is a place to sleep after a long day of flying or in advance of an early morning flight. The room that I had was spacious,clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is aging and need of updating. My room had marks on the walls and other signs of wear and tear in the bathroom. The staff at the hotel, however, were very pleasant and attentive. I wouldn't stay for more than an overnight at this hotel because of the hotel's location - it is pretty isolated. This is particularly problematic because the food in the dining room was not very good. At the right price this hotel is not a bad choice for a place to sleep before or after a flight - just make sure you eat before you arrive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The stay started with a very nice shuttle driver who offered up tips for times to get through TSA quickly along with a couple of decent tales about the city. I've stayed here multiple times over the years and the staff never lets me down. The downside to the hotel is that it's only next tot he airport. Finding food offsite is a bit of a drive and it the next town over, doesn't offer much. The shuttles run every twenty minutes on the dot and the it's a quick 5 minute ride to the terminals.

Had room service and it was decent and inexpensive by room service standards. Room had all of the needed amenities and was very clean. It is an older hotel but it's due for some make overs of the lobby area and meeting spaces this year.

It's a good solid choice for a one night airport related stay. Many flight crews stay here so the hotel shuttle is always running.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is an Atrium hotel. The rooms are in a triangular shape with a large open area in the middle. Kids were running around on the first floor. The management was not keeping the peace allowing the kids and adults to be loud and noisy in the lobby of the atrium. My room was on the 5th floor and the noise rose through the atrium and made it hard to relax. Also, as you enter the room, there is a sliding glass door on the far side of the room that leads to a balcony. The balcony overlooks an indoor pool. My one nights stay consisted of screaming kids and loud adults on BOTH sides of my room...in the atrium and in the pool!!!! I needed heavy duty earplugs but I also needed to be on the 5:20am shuttle to catch my flight and a 14 hour work day ahead so I needed to be able to hear an alarm. Catch 22...I needed the earplugs but needed to hear the alarm. The management said the pool and atrium closed down at 9pm but the crowds stayed well past 11pm. Complete nightmare! Very little sleep! The convenience of location near the airport did not outweigh the awful nights stay. The problem with booking this hotel is that you would not know if they are hosting a party or function in the atrium or pool area. Shot in the dark, I guess.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business