“The place to stay-even if you don't need the airport!”

Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #54 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Cleveland, Ohio
“The place to stay-even if you don't need the airport!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We drive to Philly every month or so to visit our little granddaughters. We used to stay in hotels near our family in Center City-often nice properties, but always pricey. About a year and a half ago, we decided to try the Renaissance Airport Hotel-the price of $99.00 (for the senior rate) was just too tempting to pass up. After our first visit, it became clear that it was well worth the 20 minute drive from downtown to get high quality service and accommodations at bargain rates. We have stayed there at least 9 times and we have never been disappointed. Their front desk is amazing. More than once I have actually emailed the general manager there to compliment them on the service we received. The personnel at this hotel are personable-and that you cannot put a price on.

I am a gold elite member but on the weekends the concierge room is unavailable. Without me asking, reception will give us coupons for their delicious breakfast buffet and/or send up complimentary wine and cheese. We have also been upgraded whenever possible.
When you walk through the door the bellman and reception greet you like old friends. There is a warm, welcoming atmosphere which is matched by its clean, well-appointed rooms and very comfy beds.

When people ask why we stay at the airport when we aren't flying I can now tell them to read my review in TripAdvisor!

Room Tip: The junior suites are large and comfortable with a bathroom large enough for two adults to easily sh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here unexpectedly when my flight was cancelled and just loved the whole place, from the lobby, the staff, the bed, the bathroom-really was a very nice experience at a very reasonable cost. Highly recommended if you need a place near the airport.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vermontwildflower
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Spent a week there in late January. I usually stay at Embassy Suites but decided to give the Mariott chain a try. Was welcomed even though I was there for the first time. The staff is extremely pleasant, courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pillows on the bed are tremendous, which may not be the best thing.Plenty of outlets. Great shower. Amazing towels too. If you like airports, get a room facing the runway. If I had any complaints, it would be the breakfast is a bit overpriced at $14. I was actually sad to leave. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Parking can be tricky late at night. Lot facing main entrance is not well lit and a bit of a walk.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Located just outside the airport. Perfect for businss or personal travel. Shuttle buses run 3 times anhour and are very quick. Cant say enough about the staff! They are awesome! Everyone from the front desk, guest services and the resturant all go out of their way to make sure your stay is excellent. The hotel is scheduled for a "face lift" in March. It definitely needs it as the property is showing it's age.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting my son for the weekend. I arrived on a Friday evening to an awkwardly located parking lot that did not feel safe as it was quite some distance to the front of the hotel and not very well lit. I was greeted warmly and told that My room had been upgraded to a suite. Instead of additional relaxing space, the room had a banquet table in it. I went to bed and heard incredibly loud music coming from the vent over my bed. I called twice to let security know..never went away, just got quieter. I decided not to leave the hotel the next night as my trip only lasted two nights. I arrived the next night back to a loud, rowdy hotel where the air vent seemingly played rap music again! I called security and complained again. I was told by the front desk that they would not be charging me for either nights stay. I received my bill for the full amount the in the morning under my door. Upon leaving, the line for checkout was so long that I just left and decided to NEVER frequent this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy L
Spring Lake
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We decided to stay at a hotel close to the Philadelphia airport that included a provision for parking your car while you were on your trip. I randomly choose the Renaissance Hotel, and what a delightful surprise. It is very close to the airport, has shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel is beautiful and the service wonderful. The parking is right at the hotel and is off of the main road. We were given a choice of a snack when we checked in, which was promptly delivered to our room. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, and the chef came out and introduced himself, and offered us an appetizer on him, which was excellent, as was the meal. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay there again, when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a weekend stay while visiting area. Hotel was much bigger than we expected. Grand lobby opens up to a nice view of rooms and large lobby floor. Check in was quick and p,peasant, staff was very friendly. Our room was very roomy, clean and comfortable. We booked a standard room and walked into a a much larger 2 room suite. We went back to front desk to inform them of mistake, and were pleasantly told the room was upgraded for free! We are Marriott reward members, and in all the years this is the first time and upgrade had ever been given, without asking! We grabbed dinner and drinks in hotel restaurant and everything was superb! We had no dissapoinments withnthis stay! But do wonder why movies are not available to order in room? Nice place, fair price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#56 of 85 in Philadelphia
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport

Been to Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!