“Good service, not so good product”

Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #63 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel was rather tired looking...room was just ok...at least clean and tidy...just tired interiors. Food in the restaurant was awful...service was good though with staff being very friendly. Won't be staying here again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed with the family the night before we were flying out of the Philadelphia Airport. Rooms were very clean and the restaurant in the hotel was very good. The transfer to the airport was very convenient (only about 5 min) and we kept the car on the hotel property for one week for only $45.00.

Room Tip: Very close to the Airport
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was traveling out of the PHL airport and needed a hotel near the airport because of a very early flight. I had stayed at the Edison, NJ Renaissance before and found it appealing so I decided to stay within the company chain. The price of the hotel did not do it justice. For a Friday night stay it was well worth the money. I arrived late due to work and was exhausted and I still had to print my boarding pass and get something to eat. I arrived at the hotel and found Rachel at the front desk, after waiting in line for a short while because what it seemed like 2 airline crews beat me to the desk, she was amazingly helpful and kind. She showed me to their office area to print my boarding pass and then I needed help because the computers were not working. She spent a nice deal of time fixing the problem and helped me with what I needed. The entire time she smiled and was extremely guest friendly. She is a great asset to your team and I do plan on frequent this hotel when I can. Thank you for an amazing stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

When I pulled the bed linens back it was obvious the bedding had not been changed. I requested another room. The second room had fresh bedding but it was grubby, particularly the bathroom. The light switch looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time. There were splatters of something on the wall. There was a layer of dust on everything. Considering the nightly rate I was very disappointed. The front desk clerk apologized for the inconvenience of changing rooms and said the hotel was scheduled to be remodeled. That does not excuse the current state.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This trip was last minute , I mean really last minute, when I was 1 hour away from Philly, I called around thinking there would be lots of options but I was told all the hotels are booked due to Hurricane Sandy. We received very warm greeting& excellent service. I was very comfortable and I will return ( this time with advance reservation

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Let me say that I have given a poor rating because I had been in my room for several hours when a maintenance man (so he said) came right into my room. No knock, nothing. As I was changing into my swim suit in the bathroom I had no idea what was going on and found the incident incredibly disturbing.
I notified the front desk and they offered me a "snack" or wine. I asked for a carafe of the yummy apple cider they offered in the lobby. At the requested time someone came and brought me one glass of the cider. There is no real way to compensate for such an invasion of privacy but this one glass of cider added insult to injury.
As to the hotel itself -- we were on the first floor and the sliding doors opened to the pool area -- which I liked. It was a bit loud in the room with folks in the pool, but not a big deal. The beds were average, as was the room. The pool, as I mentioned, was fine and the atrium in which it resides was full of plants and I found it quite pleasant.

I would not stay here again since safety and customer service are the most important things I look for in a hotel. Without this disturbance I would have given the hotel an average rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bemm14
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel was very nice and clean. We were from Ohio and enjoyed our weekend stay. The guy at the front desk named Phil was awesome and friendly. He hooked us up with a free bottle of Chardonnay and food! Location is close to the hotel. Not many restaurants nearby though without going into the city. Only ruby Tuesday. Overall Philly was great.

• Stayed: October 2012