“Reservation cancellation - hotel was very nice”

Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #61 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I booked a room with the thought of staying the night after a company Christmas party but cancelled 2 days ahead of time. However, my card was charged for the room anyway. It has now been over 2 weeks, many phone calls and a dispute filed with my bank and I don't have the money refunded yet. Now I'm told it takes up to 14 days to get a refund. They can certainly take it out of your account fast but it takes up to 14 days to get it back? Make sure you check your statement if you ever cancel here.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Great beds, nice suites. Needs new TVs (old 25 incher, not a flat screen). Best value for money in area. Often cheaper than Courtyard and other Marriott properties close by. Poor parking lot due to wetland area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Wonderful front desk staff.hotel is a bit dated. Old television in room rca about 21"no flat screen, broken tile in bathroom. In need of updates but clean decent cardiovascular equipment in gym.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Granted we arrived late at night, @ 1 AM, so there was a skeleton crew of two hood rats behind the desk... totally rude and uncommunicative. When we asked where to park, they just
shrugged, mumbled " over there" while pointing to the door, and walked away. You could feel the hate. Morning staff wasn't much friendlier. Maybe it's a training spot for people just getting out of prison. Rooms were OK, clean. Got a great price on a Sunday through a third party, but due to completely unprofessional staff I would give a low rating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Rooms could use a little TLC and updating (tube TVs)...but were clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet very good. A tip for you...there are rooms that have balconies into the pool area...not so good if you want to sleep in as kids (being kids) were in the pool early doing what kids do. A good choice...if I need to be in that area again I would stay in this hotel. One pet peeve...$13 a day for internet?

Room Tip: If you intend to sleep in stay away from the rooms fronting the indoor pool.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed in this hotel prior to a flight out of Philly. I had driven in after business meetings and had to return a rental car. Unfortunately they wouldn't pick me up from the rental car facility so I had to take the shuttle to the airport and wait to be picked up there. Shuttle driver was very friendly and courteous.
Check-in is where the problems started. They didn't give me the concierge level room I paid for and he argued with me saying I didn't pay for that room and this is what I was getting. I had to pull up confirmation on my smart phone to prove to him I paid extra for concierge floor and he said there weren't any rooms there any way so it didn't matter. Finally someone else got invovled and gave me access, but I was on a low floor with my room. Room was fine - clean but not very updated.
I didn't feel welcome here at all - they could have treated me in a different way. Interestingly, I filled out the hotel survey they sent me after I checked out and asked for someone to contact me and haven't heard anything in 4 weeks. They don't seem to care much about the customer experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel this past weekend. All the staff was wonderful, they were very friendly, cautious, and always smiling. Check-in was smooth and swift. The restaurant and bar staff again, was very friendly and service was immediate. The pool is a little smaller than I expected but what was most disappointing was the room. The room is very dated and needs to be updated with flat screen televisions, less bouncy beds, new carpet, and just a general overhaul. I hope they have plans to update soon both for the guests and the workers benefit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family