Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
$249
$239
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsphiladelphia airportthe concierge levelpark and flyan early flightbit datedfree shuttlepretzelsphlatriumbellman
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I read all the PHL airport hotel reviews on here and really thought this one might just be misunderstood. I didn't want to pay $250 for the Marriott so I stayed here. Mistake.

I have stayed at probably 25 different Renaissance around the world and this one is, by FAR, the worst.

PROS:

Good location if you get in at midnight like I did. Marriott at the airport would be better.
The staff was generally friendly.

CONS:

This place needs a major rehab. Its, at best, old Super 8 quality. The elevators are shabby, the wallpaper is coming off the walls, the carpet is filthy and I wanted to wear my socks in the shower.

The lock (the one that flips over on the inside) on my door was completely broken off.

The shuttle was missing a rear door seal which made it sound (and feel) like the door was open. Cold and uncomfortable.

The cleaning staff was LOUD. At 8am they were shouting up and down the halls to each other. Not just once, but several times. I was not sleeping but I was on the phone.

Not sure who (if anyone) cleans the rooms, but I had nuts on the floor (in front of the door) and stains on the (old style Marriott) bedding. The glasses in the bathroom were dirty.

The bathroom needs a serious makeover. Caulk has been used around the edges of the tub (typical) but has come off in most places. The sink knobs looked like they were from the 70s and had not been cleaned since.

The light switches were the DIRTIEST I have ever seen in a hotel.

The concierge lounge had a very sparse breakfast. A few apples. No yogurt. Eggs were ok.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank lucycan
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I would agree to people posted on this hotel before. This one needs some renovation. The rooms are definately used and even they are clean you feel a bit uncomfortable. Not the Marriott level I'm used to. Other than that it's a good place, free parking, very close to the airport, downtown is less than 30mins by car, so is King of Prussia. The hotel pool is also nice-indoor but with glass walls so it's nice and bright. Overall a good place with a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 19, 2011

The Renaissance Philadelphia Airport is a nice hotel and you will like it. Friendly staff at front desk, big rooms, nice bathroom with average amenities for this rank hotel. Two telephones, big, comfortable, bed with lots of pillows, free coffee maker in the room and in the lobby. TV was older CRT, and there is a $13 a day charge for internet..I did not find free internet in the lobby. No charge for parking. Although not a problem, this hotel, as is the case of so many others, is not keeping the public areas up—cracked elevator buttons, peeling wall paper, carpet getting a little too worn…guests are very hard on hotels and some of it is showing. If you get a good rate, you will like this hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The Renaissance Philadelphia Airport is a mixed bag, but it is worth it if you get a half-price deal. The weekend we stayed, most of the downtown hotels were booked, so the airport area was our best bet.

The room we had was huge and irregularly shaped. It had a foyer area with a desk and several chairs, and then a very large bedroom with king bed. The bathroom was also spacious. However, the furniture was noticeably worn. The chase lounge looked dirty. Bed linens were clean, however.

Service was minimal. If I were a business traveler, I'd look elsewhere. When we arrived at nearly midnight, there was still a tray with dishes outside our door from whomever had the room earlier. We were not told about any of the services when we checked in, and there was no information on the hotel in the room, except a couple brochures about room service. The service channel on the television did not work. I think the Renaissance had a pool and a restaurant, but no one was interested in telling us.

The view outside the room was a rooftop, but that didn't bother us. We just kept the curtains drawn.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

As I read the other reviews, I can't help but wonder if some of them stayed in the same hotel. My stay here was exactly what I expect from a Marriott product. It was updated, clean, and the staff was friendly. The staff went out of their way to accomodate my request for a room overlooking the runways. The van drivers were great as well! My only complaint would be that the hotel did not seem prepared for the large number of people who needed transfers to and from the airport - expect a wait. This hotel prefectly suited my needs and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family