“For a Stay, Park and Fly room, it was fine”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #72 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Syracuse, NY
“For a Stay, Park and Fly room, it was fine”
Reviewed August 28, 2008

We chose this for the Stay, Park and Fly option, and even though we were there less than 24 hours, it worked for us. Convenient location to the airport with prompt shuttle drivers who were helpful with baggage. It's not the most appealing room we've ever stayed in, but with a continental breakfast and free parking for up to 14 days, really, it's a decent deal if all you want to do is crash before an early morning flight.

• Liked — Stay, Park and Fly hotel - cheap parking compared to onsite at Philly airport
  • Disliked — it was just a room to sleep in
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Ithaca NY
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I'm not kidding - BED BUGS!! While this hotel seemed marginally OK, I came home with BED BUG BITES! Yes! I'd read that they were becoming more common in the US & UK, but I honestly didn't expect to encounter them in a respectable national hotel chain. And I am not happy about it!

Rooms are expensive in Philly, and many places I would have preferred to stay during this last-minute trip were booked. I had had previous positive stays with Microtel hotels (though not this one), and so I went with this place, booked through Expedia. I should have kept looking!

Cleanliness here seemed kind of casual at best; I had noticed that my sheets were not changed daily (and my garbage wasn't even emptied daily, which should have been a tip-off), but I was in town because of a medical emergency with my daughter so I wasn't really paying that much attention to the hotel. The front-desk staff were helpful about directions & calling taxis when I needed them, and I thought that all I needed was a safe, clean-enough, inexpensive-but-decent place to sleep. But when I got home & discovered the rash covering my sides, arms & legs, and consulted with my doctor and internet resources, to learn that I had been bitten by bedbugs - well, it just makes my skin crawl! And of course the extra expense & nuisance of getting an accurate diagnosis (hey, at least it wasn't a rare flesh-eating bacteria as I had feared it might be!), repeated hot-water washing of everything that had been in my suitcase to be sure I wasn't bringing any bugs into my home, and the huge "Yuck Factor" all add up to make this an expensive as well as disgusting hotel stay. I won't forget it, that's for sure!

I will NEVER stay here again, or at any Microtel, and I recommend that you don't either. I have not yet contacted the management about the situation - I need to cool down a bit first - but you can bet I will do so. I would expect that I would receive a full refund, but somehow I doubt it wil happen that way. (And no, I do NOT want an offer from them of a free night's stay....)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bed bugs!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank cathyb53
Lancaster County, PA
Reviewed May 7, 2008

The room was small, but clean and efficient. Grabbed a muffin and coffee for breakfast before heading out. Perfect for an overnight stay before an early flight. The shuttle took us to the airport with no problems. After we got our bags and headed to the pick-up area, I called the number on the card they gave us from my cell phone and they were there to pick us up in 20 minutes. As soon as we waved to the Microtel van (you really gotta keep an eye out for them though as many vans that were similar went by), the guy rolled up to us and loaded up our luggage.
We were happy to see our car was still ok after hearing that there were recent break ins and vandalism in the row of hotels near the Microtel. The van driver told us that there were some people caught for those incidents recently.

• Liked — Clean. Easy to get to airport for early flight with the stay and park package.
  • Disliked — The lids for the coffee cups did not have tabe to drink out of.
2 Thank Steph-n-Karl
Kelowna
Reviewed May 1, 2008

The phone to have the shuttle come to get you from terminal E did not work, so after waiting 45 minutes and the shuttle driving past us we had to call a taxi. The front desk people were rude. We booked into another hotel at $40 less per room and were happier. We took the local bus transit (close by) to the airport at $2.00 per person, as recomended by the front desk. N

• Disliked — Rude front desk
1 Thank blond60
Millville, New Jersey
Reviewed April 21, 2008

We arrived night before our flight...so we didn't have to get up as early. Room was clean and they provided complimentary newspaper and continental breakfast. Shuttle drop off and pick up ran smoothly. Courteous employees. Only downfall was when we returned late on Thursday night to get our car the parking lot was spilling over...they did not have enough parking spaces ...probably due to a large number of people storing their cars there...as we did. I would not have wanted to leave my car there for a week if it hadn't been parked in an actual parking space.

• Liked — location to airport with free shuttle service
  • Disliked — crowded parking lot
1 Thank dasher2
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 14, 2008

Nice Location, 1 mile from Airport. good value if you just wanna stay overnight for a Early Morning Flight. They have a free Shuttle that runs every half hour to Airport. You can also park in the lot for $7.50 a day. Ruby Tuesday is the only place near for a bite to eat, within Walking distance.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank Amishcowboy
PARIS
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Decent hotel for short stay.

• Liked — Proximity to PHL
  • Disliked — Cheap and clean
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank HAMDA_SECONDARY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!