“Emphasis on the Micro” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Lancaster, PA
“Emphasis on the Micro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Other than a cruise ship, the smallest room we have ever stayed in. As long as you are aware that this is "bare-bones" you will be fine. $59.00 through Priceline was the tipping point. At that price, a good value. I would have been upset at paying more. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Absolutely one of the most comfortable beds we've had in a while. Breakfast was also "bare-bones"; coffee, juice, cereal, muffins, bagels, nothing resembling fruit anywhere. In other words, a fine place for before or after a flight or as we did, stay after a concert.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Glenolden, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I'm giving a review of 2 because the people are so nice, and the room was a good size, other than that.....

For the rest, it was really terrible. Dirty, paper peeling, the bathroom wasn't cleaned as there were hairs on the counter, bed bugs, the ac hardly functioned, and during the night I had to shut off the fridge because the motor was making some really strange sounds.

All in all, if I wasn't there for just one night, I would have left in the morning.

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Justaguy061
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my visit to Philly, for the end of July 2012. This used to be my go-to hotel for a couple of years, but this time I was very, very disappointed & insulted, that they would even invite & charge people to stay here! When I arrived, about 130pm, I was told my room wasn't ready; fair enough, check-in wasn't until 3pm. Left for some lunch & returned about 430pm, checked in, got my key, & went to my room. Opened the door and to my surprise, the previous guests suitcases, personal items, etc., was still there! They hadn't checked out yet! My first u-turn, made my way to back to front desk, told manager and was assigned another room. Went to the 2nd room, and it seemed doable, upon first glance but it wasn't. Turned the light on and pulled the bedding back & the sheets looked like they bathroom floor was cleaned with it. The bathroom smelled liked someone "blew chucks" in it, disgusting. 2nd u-turn. Went back to front desk & requested a refund. When the manager asked why, I said "Are you serious?! The room is horrible and nasty." He tried to offer me another room but by that time, I wasn't feeling this madness and I refused & demanded a refund. After some shuffling around back & forth, my request was granted and on to the next hotel. What's crazy is I saw about four or five housekeeping attendants in one hallway. I'm not understanding why the rooms are so ratchet. This hotel used to be clean & staff was on their jobs. Not anymore! Trifling & dirty! And they have the audacity to charge $100/night for this mess! Warning to all: save your $$, go to one of the other hotels in this area, pay a little more & have a comfortable stay, somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012
PROVIDENCE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our trip was horrible. We were suppose to get continental breakfast and both mornings there was NO milk, therefore we had NO breakfast. There was a rock in the door so someone cud get back in. NEVER!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank FRED670
HARRISBURG
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

There is not enough parking! The room is the smallest I have ever seen. The price is not worth the room we got. I probably will not be returning to this hotel, but the staff was nice! I was just expecting so much more from this hotel for the price we paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!