“had to stay again but it was much better”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #73 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Austin
“had to stay again but it was much better”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had reviewed this hotel in June 2012. I had a filthy room back then. I was booked at the Quality Inn but all the power was out there and at the Econo Lodge. I knew I could afford the Microtel and I knew it was in a safe area and close to the airport. They also have good parking.

I checked in and told the front desk of my dirty stay last time. They assured me that would not happen and if I had any problems that they would change my room.

I was happy with my room. It had a few minor cleaning issues but overall okay.

The best part of my stay was that the shuttle driver took me to the train stop that is very close to the hotel. He explained how to use the train (my very first train/subway ride) He told me where to stop and how far to walk to see all the downtown tourist places. I had a great day. He also said when I rode back to the train stop I could either walk a short distance back to the hotel or I could call and he would pick me up.

so I rate this now average only because it still lacks a bit of cleaning but this stay was So much better for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Fll
Reviewed October 24, 2012

If it weren't for the friendly, helpful staff this stay would have been no fun. The shuttle was very accomodating to drop me off and pickup at the nearby train staion. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff did a very good job of getting the room back into shape everyday.

Breakfast was the least they could do to be able to say they provided a continental breakfast. For example no fresh fruit. The Room TV was a old CRT style. The shelf in the bathroom was falling off the wall and the cabinets were damaged.

However even for it's shortcomings I would use the AAA rate and stay there if I was going to be doing business in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MINERAL
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lobby and hallways smelled like Marijuana
Toliet didn't work
Air conditioner leaked into the sleeping area.
No Do Not Disturb sign.
Desk phone rang from over 1 min with no answer.

Stay here again??? See title of review.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

OVIEDO
Reviewed October 22, 2012

For us a little firmer mattress would be more to our liking. We both suffer from arthritis and a soft mattress is a problem since we sleep on a sleep comfort bed at home. When we travel, location quality and price are always our goals.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Ossipee
Reviewed October 21, 2012

nice and close to the airport a plus to have a restaurant nearby and also the free shuttle. Located in a quiet area and also quiet in the hotel itself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!