Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #73 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Do not stay here! We travel alot and have never encountered bed bugs. But the day after we got home from this hotel my husband noticed about 40 red marks all over his legs. We researched to see what bed bugs bites looked like and sure enough, he had them. It was like he was bit in rows. We have stayed in lots of other microtels and have never had this happen.

Horrible. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,142)

Reviewed August 10, 2012

in 40 years of travel i have never seen such inept and stupid employees. management to drivers. even when tipped they hit you for more money. waited all afternoon for a ride 7 miles to a movie theater and got totally ignored. never did get the ride, rooms have mold in the bathroom, sheets and bedding suck, a/c ... i have seen better in 3rd world country. btw, this is salt lake city utah usa. i have had better service at holes in the wall, about the only decent thing i can say is the internet was acceptable

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The guest services employees were
Not professional. One employee was talking to me and actually used the "F" word when talking to me. In fact, they made me go into the "employees only" area to get
My own bath towel. The rooms had zero installation and I could hear everything going on in the rooms
Around me. People were also slamming doors And hotel workers didn't care.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great location, horrible hotel. First, they lost one of my reservation. Then they give me a handicap accessible room. I had to personally disinfect my room because it didn't look clean. I leave out for dinner and come back to the smell of marijuana coming thru my vents. Extremely dissatisfied and wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed the night here on arrival from London prior to an early morning flight out. We were there for just a few hours but had a great sleep. It's not glamourous but the beds are comfy, the rooms are spacious and the staff are friendly. The shuttle was quick and easy too.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spurplepink
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of it's close proximity to the Philadelphia airport. But upon arrival, we found that there are many other hotels to choose from in the same location that I'm sure provided their guests with better accommodations. First of all, both of the two rooms that we reserved were DIRTY. One of the rooms had burn holes in their bedding. And one of our traveling companions was propositioned in the elevator - even had a "calling" card given to him. There was a minimal breakfast offered in the morning. The shuttle service went OK....and our car was still there when we returned from our trip. This hotel is a disgrace to the Microtel Inn chain - take your business elsewhere.

Room Tip: Best tip - find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

All I want is clean, quiet, no smells, and everything working. Not sure our room had been vacuumed, but it wasn't bad--could have been us; there were a couple stains in the bedspreads and ceiling, a couple cigarette burns in the bedspreads, and a very slight mildew smell in the shower. For us, these are minor given the price. The only annoying thing is the temp control on the AC was stuck. No fridge or micro but free breakfast. We had a hard time finding any decent-looking restaurants and ended up at Ruby Tuesday's (near the parking lot) and paid almost as much for dinnner as the hotel; next time I would just order pizza or something and have it delivered. It's not fancy or impressive, but if you need clean and cheap, it works. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012