$164
$134
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

$139
$156
$139
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$409
$217
Kimpton
Loews Philadelphia Hotel(Philadelphia)
$208
$149
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

$169
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

$157
$150
Priceline
2,289 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 28, 2007

I spent one night here in November. The check-in host was dressed as a maintenance man (which I assume he was), the toilet seat would not stay up (not an issue for women) because the fixture was installed too close to a ledge/lip that could not be moved, and I found a hair in my sink first thing! Things got better, however. The room was comfortable, it was relatively modern, and the towels and soap/shampoo were there, although sparse. (nothing but soap and shampoo) There was plenty of free parking (not available in center city). I did not try the continental breakfast since I had a breakfast meeting elsewhere, but several men were seated in the eating area and appeared satisfied. I hope I can afford a better place, next time, but this place will do if necessary.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I stayed at the Microtel-Philadelphia Airport for two nights while on a business trip. I rented a two-queen bed room to save cost. Philadelphia is expensive for lodging and every extra dollar I spend eats into my profit.

My initial impressions were very positive: clean, friendly. When I returned to my room late in the evening on the second day, however, I was unhappy to find that the level of cleaning was less than it should be. For example, the carpet was not vacuumed adequately and had small items left on it in some spots. The counter in the bathroom could have shined more. It seemed to have a bit of a soap scum from the night before.

I had two frustrations with my room--outside of the typical built-in Microtel desk.

1.) The toilet continually cycled and ran. It would be quiet for five minutes and then run briefly and be quiet. I had to sleep with the bathroom door closed.

2.) The internet connection was quite good the first night but slowed to a virtually unusable crawl for the second night and early the next morning.

A few positives:

1.) The breakfast was a little better than the typical Microtel or Super 8 fare.

2.) The area felt secure.

3.) The bed was comfortable.

4.) The room was not quite as "micro" as some Microtels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank TIMGRAVES
Reviewed August 31, 2007

We read in Consumer Reports that this chain was a great place to stay. We stayed 3 nights. The people at the desk were unfriendly and somewhat unprofessional . There were always workers hanging around the small front desk. You couldn't tell the difference from the desk staff and the support staff. The maid did not clean the room one day because we were late in getting out of the room. When I told the front desk they did nothing about it, had to ask for towels. We stayed on the 1st floor. The walls are very thin. It sounded like a herd of elephants were over us from
2 - 4 a.m. The maid was in the hall cleaning at & a.m Although the price was right. I would never stay there and becuase it was so bad , wouldn't try another one in that chain

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank bostonbarbara
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I had to attend a meeting in Philly and needed a room near the airport for one night. The on-site airport hotel wanted more than $200, which was much more than I wanted to pay. All I needed was a place to sleep and prepare for my meeting. I investigated the other nearby options, and learned that a Microtel was just off the airport grounds. I reserved a room for $90/night through an online booking service.

I have stayed at other Microtel hotels, and had a pretty good idea what to expect. Other reviews at Tripadvisor raised some concerns for me, but I decided to give it a try. The Microtel Philadelphia Airport is actually more than I expected, and it's still a great value.

First, you need to know the Microtel way. The hotels are simple designs with basic decorations. The rooms tend to be just large enough for the basics. The rates being charged are modest, so don't expect a fitness room, lavish breakfast and room service at midnight. You can expect a clean, comfortable room and a hotel staff that is courteous and helpful.

The floor coverings and wallpaper -- in the room and in the common areas -- were all in very good condition. While simple and somewhat neutral, they were pleasing and did not look cheap or gaudy.

The building is an equal-length L shape. My room faced into the L and the parking lot. One out-of-the-L side faces Bertram Rd., which is a major road. It's possible that there could be some traffic noise, but I don't know personally. He lobby is small, but clean. There is a moderately sized breakfast area that also has a desk with a computer for Internet access. I did not use the machine because I brought my own laptop. The vending machines and ice machine are just off the lobby.

My room measured 10' by 12' for the bed area, and 6' by 9' for the bathroom. There is a short entrance area (about 6' by 3') as well. This sounds small, but it's not cramped with a queen bed. Microtel hotels tend to follow the European room size idea. It's not a suite or a place to host a crowd. It's a bedroom, which is all I need. The room has an armoire to hang clothes, a desk area, night stands, and a window seat. There are two drawers and the air conditioner below the window seat. Overall, it's a very efficient use of the space. The window seat was actually a nice spot to sit in while I watched TV for a bit.

My room was a non-smoking room. Each time I entered the room, I smelled some kind of air freshener aroma. It was sort of a sweet lemon scent. It was a somewhat odd scent, but it only took a minute to get used to it.

There is wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. My room was at the end of the hallway, and the signal strength was very low. The connection speed was slower than typical high-speed access, and while the data rate was shown to be 54Mb/s, I think the combination of other users and the low signal resulted in the slower connection. For basic e-mail and a few small file transfers, it was fine.

The free continental breakfast is the typical style at a budget hotel: juice, cold and hot cereal, bagels, muffins, coffee. The breakfast area was kept clean, despite the sloppy ways of many of the guests.

The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport. When I landed, I called the hotel to request a pickup. I waited for 30 minutes and the shuttle never arrived, so I called again. I was told that the shuttle was on the way. It arrived 10 minutes later. I asked the driver (Chris) about the delay, and he said that he was never told about my first call. That's one strike against the staff, but it's the only strike I experienced. Later, I was able to arrange a ride to Ft. Miflin with the shuttle, which made up for the pickup error.

There are a Hampton Inn and a Fairfield Inn next door. The only restaurant in walking distance is a Ruby Tuesday. There is a Metro stop (Eastwick Station) a very short walk (five minutes) away. If the shuttle service is not to your liking, take the Metro to the airport. You can also take the Metro into downtown Philly. The Metro stop is a huge convenience for this hotel.

This is a much longer review than I normally write, but I feel that this hotel is a great value in a pretty good location. Some other reviews gave this hotel low marks, but I disagree. I rarely give a full 5 rating (I save that for truly outstanding experiences), so don't confuse my 4 rating as being a problem. The Microtel Philadelphia Airport easily lives up to realistic expectations. (CS)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
9  Thank TravelerChriss
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We stayed at the Microtel - Philadelphia Airport for six nights while visiting family and friends. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. We'll definately stay there again on our next trip

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family