“Beautiful Location and Amazing Staff”

Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York
“Beautiful Location and Amazing Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

When we arrived at the Hotel, the bellman could not have been more courteous, always smiling and assisting us with every need. We were checked into a beautiful Waterfront Room with great views. We dined on the riverside outdoor Terrace with a great server who was very personable and our food was excellent. We stayed two nights and everyone we met could not have been nicer and more accommodating. I will definitely stay here whenever I come to Philadelphia. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Korean first
Orange County, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed on the 8th floor. We were near the elevator and could hear the 'dings' all night! We could also hear other rooms...that certainly wasn't expected of a Hyatt. 9.99/night extra for wi-fi, no cont break. Keatings Grill was good, but pricey. Don't forget to bring extra cash for the $25 night parking!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dutton, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

Too expensive for what we received. The room was small, not very clean. The place had no restaurants for moderate to high prices and nothing in walking range. That Disney recommends this hotel is puzzling. It is not "child friendly" nor is it convenient to the historic places in the city. I was not happy here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank mynana
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

We only stayed at this hotel for one night and had we been staying longer I would have requested a different room and probably would have been more vocal about the "issues" we had with the room.

We were on the 7th floor and didn't have much of a view--which was disappointing because we booked through the Hyatt website. (Had I booked through something like Hotwire I would have expected a sub-par room). The room was small and we could hear alot of street noise and the boat horns all day and night. The walls were also very thin and we could hear all kinds of noises from the hallway (people shouting and carrying on), the walls were so thin that we could even hear our neighbors opening/closing their curtains!

The room appeared to not have been stayed in in awhile as there was a thin layer of dust over many of the surfaces.

We also had only 3 bath towels in the bathroom...not a single hand towel or wash cloth! We ended up using one of the bath towels as our hand towel, which is just annoying (again, had we been staying here longer I would have complained but it was just a night).

The bathroom was not as nice as the bathrooms in other Hyatt's we have stayed in. It was quite plain and areas were dirty. There was also a decent sized "crack in the bathroom door (as it was "French door" styled where two doors open out) since the two doors didn't touch. So, basically you could see out from the bathroom or into it, as you can see in one of the pictures I posed.

On the plus side, the pool area was nice, despite the soapy-looking film on the water. There is also a lovely sundeck. Most of the staff we came in contact with was friendly.

2 Thank pinkbird_creates
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

Luckily I got a good deal through price line at around $100 on a Saturday night via a last-minute booking. Otherwise, I would have been more displeased than I am. I called a couple days earlier to check out direct prices, and was told there were plenty of non-smoking rooms available. When I got there, I got stuck in a smoking room and was told that was the only one available, which I found hard to believe at such a large hotel the end of January/beginning of February. The receptionists were not the least bit friendly.

Upon entering my room, I noticed a hand towel had been used and not replaced with a fresh one, along with a sign on the counter saying towels will not be replaced between guests if they have not been used, to save the environment or something to that effect. I guess the housekeepers didn't realize they'd been used.

The hotel parking is obscenely expensive, over $20. Thankfully, I read a helpful review on price line that told of a $5 or $8 parking lot directly next to the hotel parking garage. Instead of turning right into the garage, you turn left.

The good thing about this hotel is that it's close to many of the attractions, and the view from my room with the bridge over the water was spectacular. I have a feeling I would have enjoyed my stay much more if I was in a non-smoking room. That might be a warning about booking through a discount site where you don't have much of a choice about your room. Still, even considering that, I would not call it a 4 star. More like 3 unless you splurge for the most expensive rooms. My friends stayed at the Marriott, and my room was no better than theirs, and they had free wi-fi while I did not.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank CalJackJD
Willis, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

We spent one night at the Hyatt Regency Penn's Landing while spending a day site seeing in Philly. The hotel is nice and the front desk staff was exceptional. We had a great view of the Delaware River from our large comfortable room. The location was ideal for site seeing in the historical area of Philly. There was a charge for internet and parking but in my experience that is standard in 4* hotels in large U.S. cities. If we visit Philly again, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank friofrio
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

Stayed overnight at the Hyatt en route to Washington, DC. Overall the hotel was nice and in a good location. Had a view of the river with an oversized bathroom. Eveything was great except wifi is $10 per day and parking is $21 per day.. just something to keep in mind when considering other places.