Luckily I got a good deal through price line at around $100 on a Saturday night via a last-minute booking. Otherwise, I would have been more displeased than I am. I called a couple days earlier to check out direct prices, and was told there were plenty of non-smoking rooms available. When I got there, I got stuck in a smoking room and was told that was the only one available, which I found hard to believe at such a large hotel the end of January/beginning of February. The receptionists were not the least bit friendly.
Upon entering my room, I noticed a hand towel had been used and not replaced with a fresh one, along with a sign on the counter saying towels will not be replaced between guests if they have not been used, to save the environment or something to that effect. I guess the housekeepers didn't realize they'd been used.
The hotel parking is obscenely expensive, over $20. Thankfully, I read a helpful review on price line that told of a $5 or $8 parking lot directly next to the hotel parking garage. Instead of turning right into the garage, you turn left.
The good thing about this hotel is that it's close to many of the attractions, and the view from my room with the bridge over the water was spectacular. I have a feeling I would have enjoyed my stay much more if I was in a non-smoking room. That might be a warning about booking through a discount site where you don't have much of a choice about your room. Still, even considering that, I would not call it a 4 star. More like 3 unless you splurge for the most expensive rooms. My friends stayed at the Marriott, and my room was no better than theirs, and they had free wi-fi while I did not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront property located at the doorstep of Center City, and walkable to Philadelphia's Historic Sites. Take in wonderful city views from a spacious and elegantly furnished guest room. Stay connected with WiFi at the oversized desk, or recline on the plush bed and watch the flat-screen TV. Additional in-room amenities include an iHome alarm clock radio, refrigerator and in-room safe. Choose an inviting suite for more space and amenities, or treat yourself to the ultimate Penn's Landing stay in the luxurious Owner's Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia At Penn`s Landing Hotel Philadelphia
- Hyatt Regency Penns Landing
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Hotel
- Hyatt Philadelphia
- Hyatt Penns Landing Hotel