“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #19 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I left a valuable item in my room after my stay. When I inquired with the housekeeping supervisor she responded the same day that the maid had turned in the item. They then promptly mailed it to me. You could not ask for better service.

Room Tip: There is traffic noise but the view and location near the water more than make up for that.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing. I'm so happy to hear about the service you receive. I'm so happy that we were able to get your belongings back to you quickly. I will certainly forward your feedback to our executive management team. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S. Guest Relations Associate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Korean first
warminster, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2014

cleanleness an appearance of room not up to Hyatt standard location was beautiful service help was good desk help was not interested in our room complaints your survey is too long put more effort into cleaning your rooms

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

hackettstown, nj, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My two night stay cost me almost $600. My bathroom was not cleaned or maintained. The widow shade was broken and the door frame paint was not finished. The cleaning staff did not clean the room until 6pm on saturday. the floor in the bar/ restraunt needs repaired

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good Evening Charles T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail the issues you encountered with your room. They're not at all acceptable by our standards and it seems they're all preventable. I'm passing your comments along to several levels of management in an effort to curb issues like this for guests in the future. Please let us know if there's anything we may be able to assist with.

Warm regards,

Evan V - A Guest Relations Associate
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

It's old outdated I went to hang a dress behind the bathroom door and found a wet towel . This was a hr after we checked in . The floor was kinda dirty and I would not go barefoot. We are in a " suite" . I will tell our meeting planner to not book at this hotel again .

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Good Evening Jeannie122,

Thank you so much for informing us of the issues you had encountered with your recent stay. I'm forwarding your account of things to hotel management in the hopes of avoiding oversights like this in the future. What you've described is absolutely preventable and not at all something we find acceptable. Please let us know if there's anything we may assist with.

Warm regards,

Evan V - A Guest Relations Associate
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This was really pretty good all in all, and I'd be delighted to certainly choose to return there again.

The Good:
-Some of the staff were absolutely excellent, for example at check in, and room service.
-the bathroom has a double door which is a nice and useful touch.
-the rooms are a great size as in the bathroom is large, and the bedroom is large.
-Some people on TA have complained about an empty mini-bar - this is exactly what I want - and I can put in what I like.
-It's a bit far from the centre of the city, but it is a nice enough walk through some old parts of the city.
-My rate included WiFi and it was pretty good.

I was transferred out after 5 nights there for the last two days to spend at the city centre massive Marriott, and all in all, I preferred the Hyatt....

The Indifferent:
-some of the staff, while not being in the least bit "bad", could have a remarkable degree of vacuous smiling indolent indifference. It's not that I want a maniac "have a nice day", attitude in my face - but some staff need to have a degree of engagement that that the front desk staff, and indeed my room service had and exemplify.
-the breakfast servers were all fine, but the time to ask you for a voucher or a room number is at the beginning or at the end - NOT in the middle , and really - this is the job of the reception hostess, they have enough to be at.
-Cereals at breakfast are a bit unsophisticated. Not much by way of a granola option and the milk dispenser should be shiny clean looking.

The Bad:
-For some reason the power socket off the desk lamp simply doesn't work
-The Tray coming up from room service could have looked a bit more presentable and the food cover looked like it had seen seriously better days.
-Hermetically sealed windows........... and an aircon system that needs some humidification.
-I did not like that restaurant. It's too dark and the tables have seen better days. There is a simple albeit expensive solution: If you have scratched tables - get cloths, and a window cleaner if you have an impressive view
-streaky bacon - uuuuuuughh - in fairness this is a pan-american hotel thing, but in a number of US hotels recently they've had options on back bacon (leaner rashers/canadian bacon) which might be a bit more attractive than port bellies, or even salmon on the breakfast bar.
-If you want to cut out extraneous noise, the tip is as per the enclosed pic, to have doors that don't admit the light everywhere........

Green Features: They do a good job. I left my room private for 5 days and aside from a card every second day they don't harass you to have it done out every day
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Anytime you can stay at the Hyatt at Penn's Landing is a good stay. Each time I'm there the staff is welcoming and pleasant. . . .better every time I visit and always a smile and a willingness to serve. The best part is coming back each year and having the seaport run, the view, the great service. Kasia was particularly helpful and pleasant. . . .indeed had difficulty finding my reservation but more than made up with the room location, professionalism and an unnecessary apology for the delay. I enjoyed every minute of the check in. . . .really.

Bell staff, concierege and bar are up to their usual--expedient, pleasant and personal.

So, Hyatt fans. . .take note. . .this is a great stay. . . .away from the City Center, but then you have the seaport jogging path, the view and the pleasant staff to keep you happy.

What more could you ask for? And the weather turned out fine. . . .

Room Tip: Views abound at the higher floors. . . .
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Mike_Adventure,

I am happy to hear that our staff's efforts keep you coming back to our property. I appreciate you taking the time for your review.

Regards,
Paul R. - Guest Relations Associate
Perth
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel - staff are very friendly and rooms are spacious and clean. In room brekky was delicious. The main shopping area was about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. We felt very relaxed after staying. Perfect for couples wanting a relaxing stay

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedbacks regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Penn's Landing. It is always a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay and a very pleasant nights during this visit. Also, we have glad that you will use our hotel again due to its location, very clean and quiet rooms, and the friendly and helpful staff. Your positive and kind feedback were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate