“Happy New Year” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Wilmington, Delaware
“Happy New Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Hyatt Regency at Penns Landing in Philadlphia, PA had several excellent choices for ringing in the New Year! We chose the Family Buffet & Fireworks. Scrumptious buffet with a special dessert section (a whole room filled with sweet treats, actually) and then the 6pm firework show. Perfect for families!! We did not spend the night but had a great celebration with the family and were home to ring in the REAL new year at midnight. We would definitely recommend this one!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I'm so glad you guys had a great time at the family New Year's event. So glad you and your family enjoyed the fire works. We would love to have you back again. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We enjoyed the view the best. We asked for a view of the water and we were very pleased. I loved seeing the city at night and the water during the day. There is a pier just outside the hotel. Be sure to take a walk up and down the pier as it gives you great views of the city also. So take a camera when you go for a walk. We also enjoyed visiting the ship docked just outside the hotel which has been turned into a restaurant. We didn't go there to eat but the kids and I asked if we could explore the ship and they said yes! So we walked all around the ship and took great photos from the deck. Now, keep in mind that we were there between lunch and dinner time so they were not busy at that time and we pretty much got to explore the whole ship, at least the public areas of the ship, and we were not disappointed. Everyone was very nice.

But back to the hotel review.... we have elementary age kids and by staying at this hotel we got to walk to every tourist location we wanted to see (including the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's post office and museum, Betsy Ross House, Independence Hall - all of these are within walking distance). It was not to far for my kids and it was great exercise for all of us. We would stay here again if we visited Philly in the future because of the location and the amazing views. It was worth the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view or view of the pier. Ask for a room on a higher floor. If your kids like...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Selah-in-Texas
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
How nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience of going to the ship restaurant docked by us and all the tourist locations you visited near our property. I hope you can stay with us again.

John S-Guest Services Specialist
Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Penn's Landing for four nights and was very impressed by the level of service and friendliness of the staff. The weather was awful, the hotel was full with a convention of younger guests and yet the staff was up to the challenge and helped make my stay extra special.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Every staff member we interacted with was lovely and helpful, literally every one without exception! The pool was terrific and the beds are awesome. We only stayed in the hotel and did not use it as a base to see historic Philly, it was too far to walk with young kids.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed for the weekend just before Christmas to enjoy some of Philly's holiday offerings.

With our river view corner room, we had amazing views of the river morning and night, and a nice spacious room in which we could really spread out for the weekend. The only surprise is no HDTV - really? Seems this is a "minimum" for a hotel these days, and especially so for one that aims to be a little more high-end.

We ate one dinner and Sunday brunch in the restaurant - good experience both times and the prices were good for Philly.

Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful - from check-in, to coffee bar, to restaurant staff.

Only one issue was when they cleaned our room, they did not leave any fresh towels - Just the SINGLE bath towel that had been unused from the day before. When we left for dinner, we told the front desk, and the woman there assured us it would be taken care of. When we returned several hours later, still no towels.

Important to note that the I-95 separates the hotel from the rest of Philly, so plan to do some walking, or take a cab or bus. There are two easily accessible pedestrian bridges that take you into the Old City area (where many popular sites are), as well as nearby shopping and restaurants, but again you should be prepared for some city walking (though in safe areas).

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor, corner water-front room if possible.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HockeyAndTravel
Barnegat, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The friendliest and most helpful employees I've ever encountered. Had a wonderful experience. The room was clean. The front desk help was pleasant and helpful. The staff was always eager to help. Hot spot locations were at a close distance. Safety is important to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I worked at a Hyatt in college, so I know the Hyatt standards. This hotel does not live up to them.

My biggest complaint-- the restaurant. The food was overpriced, bad, and the service was terrible. On a Friday morning, I was not permitted to order off of the main menu and instead had to have the buffet - $20 p/p + tax. I’ve had ‘free’ breakfast that had better variety and quality then here where you got powered scrambled eggs, overcooked bacon, one type of bread for toast. The server was nowhere to be found. I had to hunt down some random person even to get my bill, forget clearing my plate or more coffee. For dinner, I thought the prices were high and they offered very little variety. I ended up ordering a quesadilla for $10 and it was two soft tacos folded in half, with unmelted cheese. It took 35 mins to arrive. I travel quite a bit for work, so I know hotel restaurants are expensive, but if I am paying $$$ for things, I want top quality and service. And when I am traveling for work, I don’t have time to eat outside of the hotel b/c I often need to eat something quickly and get to a meeting.

The room- the room was clean with one big exception: long black hair all over the top of the duvet. It was a white duvet so the hair was very apparent. Gross! Also, I was on the 20th floor (out of 23 I think), facing Penn's Landing and could hear the traffic from Columbus Blvd below all night. I cannot imagine how bad the noise must have been at lower levels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AngelUSF
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your most recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Penn's Landing. First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Hyatt brand and my sincerest apologies for the troubles you encountered when dining at our restaurant. I have forwarded you comments to our food and beverage director to follow up with staff on. We never want you to have a bad experience with us and we would love to speak with you in regards to this review. Please feel free to contact us at social.media@hyatt.com if you would like to talk about this matter further.

Safe Travels,