“OK, nice staff”

Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Brooklyn, NY
“OK, nice staff”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I must say that the staff was extremely pleasant and accomodating. I did not care for the location of this hotel. It is about 20-25 minute walk for the Historic district and it took me 35 minutes to walk to the Reading Terminal Market. I enjoy walking but prefer a hotel that is situated closer to the town center. The area where the hotel is located is quiet and even grabbing a quick bite to eat or a snack will involve a bit of a walk. Parking is a bit pricey at $30 a night. The room itself was of average size. The furniture had a few minor knicks but was basically in good shape. However, the quality of the furnishings really didn't scream 4 star to me. The room, looked clean but I have stayed in similar rooms at nice Holiday Inns. The bed had lots of pillows but when I turned down the blanket, there was a hair on the sheet, making me hope that the bedding had really been changed and the hair was from housekeeping staff and not a former guest. The bed itself was comfortable. The bathroom was nice but fairly basic. When I turned the handle on one of the faucets it acutally fell off in my hand. I had to screw it back on. At one point, hot water was coming out of both faucets. There was no hook on the back of the bathroom door. A hook was located between the shower and the toilet. I really don't care to hang my towel or clothing close to where a toilet is flushed. What I am mentioning are not major problems but ones that I would not expect at a four star hotel. Overall, the hotel was fine for my purposes but I have stayed in many hotels in Philly and the Hyatt did not stand out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Korean first
Southwest Montana
Reviewed November 23, 2013

With three choices of lodging during a major Philadelphia convention, I went for the Hyatt because I would not be subjected to seeing conventioneers throughout the entire week. Upon arrival in Philadelphia, a city I had not visited in 30 years, the taxi ride to the Hyatt was as bad as one could get. Driver never spoke to me and screamed into his cell phone the entire trip to some unknown person. When I arrived at the Hyatt, he literally threw my luggage onto the pavement, still screaming into his cell phone in some language I could not understand. Obviously I did not give him a tip.
Immediately the Hyatt staff tried to make my introduction to Philadelphia better and for five days, they went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly. The conceirge "made me a hero" when I told him where I was hosting an important business dinner. He made sure my guests were given a complimentary house wine. Two nights later, he booked me and special clients at one of Philadelphia's best restaurants.
Throughout the week, the bartenders at the Hyatt knew me immediately and accommodated every request. Front desk personnel was outstanding.
Can't say enough good things about the comfort and treatment I received for the week. I never took another taxi because convention provided bus transport. I was glad of that after my "welcome" to the city by the first taxi driver.

Room Tip: View of the water was terrific and relaxing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am so sorry about your experience with the taxi ride to the hotel. However, I am happy to see that the hotel turned the experience around and you had a fantastic stay. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have Hyatt Check Certificates which we were planning to use on an upcoming trip. If we had not prepaid for these gift certificates we could have gotten a cheaper nightly rate on their own website. instead we have to pay the full daily rate since we are not using a credit card to pre pay the rate. So in essence, you pay for the gift certificate and then get penalized because you want to use them- this is really a terrible deal- my advise would be to not buy a gift certificate ore gift card to Hyatt hotels, and just pay the lower rate on a case by case basis.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband was here for a conference. The hotel provided great service to include concierge and housekeeping. Lovely walk to historical landmarks and restaurants. Room is just as the photos show, lovely! King bed was a bit uncomfortable. Overall clean, wonderful stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the service our staff provided and the proximity of our hotel to landmarks. I am sorry that the bed was not too comfortable. I will be sure to share this with our team. I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Understaffed, things don't work in the room, food mediocre at best. Staff is nice but in most departments there aren't enough people. I'm going to avoid Hyatts, this isn't my first such experience. I travel 150 nights a year and have realistic expectations.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Marksilv242
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Greetings Marksilv242,

Thank you for going out of your way to review this review on your last visit to the Hyatt Regency Penn's Landing. Thank you so much for bring this information to our attention. We never want a guest to acknowledge our locations to be short staffed and not receiving the type of service Hyatt is capable of. I have forwarded your comments to management to ensure this does not happen again. Again, thank you for acknowledging this issue and getting it to us, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed here on business and it was clean, comfortable and convenient. Easy walk to fantastic restaurants, and some nice areas to walk right along the water. The staff was friendly and attentive, from the front desk to the bar. Our seminars were held in the hotel & the meeting room changes were seamless. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in town for any reason.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Good Evening Karl H,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Penn's Landing. We often hear enthusiastic remarks on how convenient our location is and how close it is to many dining and entertainment opportunities. We are so happy to hear you loved staying with us and felt our location is clean and comfortable and we can't wait to welcome you back on your next business or leisure stay in Philadelphia.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Lutherville, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Typical Hyatt hotel in a big city. It was clean, the bedding was great and the bathroom was clean, well maintained and modern. The staff was extremely courteous including the valet and the doormen. We had a free night courtesy of Hyatt rewards and this was a great location for us to use after visiting the Michener Museum in Doylestown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your night at our hotel with the comfortable rooms and great location. I hope you will return to stay with us in the near future.