This has to be one of the noisiest hotels I have ever stayed in. We were located on the 14th floor and had a beautiful of both the city and the Delaware River. The noise we heard came mostly from inside the hotel and I must say it was not all the hotel's fault; however though some noise could certainly been prevented by more conscientious guests much of it could have been avoided by better insulation.
As guestsopened their room doors at various times of the late night and morning, the noise could be heard as the heavy doors closed and the metal mechanisms engaged upon opening. This occurred even when the guests were trying to be courteous and the volume of the noise was not so loud. I am a sound sleeper (sleeping through the sonic booms in Florida as the shuttle landed) and this even woke me up. In three nights, I did not get even one good night's sleep.
Towels should have been replaced quite a while ago, also. They were still white but of the quality of a much lesser hotel. They really were thread bare, lacking and fluff or softness.
On the good side, the location is excellent. There's plenty to do and see close by and in a very safe area. We were in Philly for the U.S. Open and though the hotel was busy hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Also, the room was nicely sized for their basic king room. There was both a desk with chair and a large lounge chair as well as plenty of hanging space and drawers for a short stay.
Though this hotel did have some nice qualities I do not believe I will stay there again if I return to this city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront property located at the doorstep of Center City, and walkable to Philadelphia's Historic Sites. Take in wonderful city views from a spacious and elegantly furnished guest room. Stay connected with WiFi at the oversized desk, or recline on the plush bed and watch the flat-screen TV. Additional in-room amenities include an iHome alarm clock radio, refrigerator and in-room safe. Choose an inviting suite for more space and amenities, or treat yourself to the ultimate Penn's Landing stay in the luxurious Owner's Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia At Penn`s Landing Hotel Philadelphia
- Hyatt Regency Penns Landing
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Hotel
- Hyatt Philadelphia
- Hyatt Penns Landing Hotel