“Clean, Comfortable Waterfront Hotel”

Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Comfortable Waterfront Hotel”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed @ The Hyatt Penn's Landing this past weekend. The hotel is in good condition, and well maintained. The front office staff seemed attentive to the business of the desk. Our guest room was very clean and considerably spacious.

It is relatively close to Independence Mall. Soo-- if you would like to sight see- no worries. There is also a stop for the Philly Phlash about 2 blocks north.

I encountered 1 issue that I was not satisfied with. I contacted the hotel manager- he promptly returned my phone call, sympathized with my concern, then took care of the situation. He exemplified true guest service!

We will gladly return to the Hyatt Penn's Landing! Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently spent two nights at this hotel. The room was clean and reasonably comfortable. The hotel has a coffee shop, which is located near its restaurant. I wish the coffee shop had longer hours. The staff at the hotel was friendly and although the valet parking was a little pricey, the service was great.

The hotel is located right near the water and has awesome views; we stayed on the 20th floor. It is also conveniently located -- it is not far from the downtown stores and restaurants. I wouldn't mind returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and we hope you will return soon! Our grab and go coffee area is focused on morning service for those who need something quick on their way out the door. We haven't had sufficient demand to extend the hours. We'll keep an eye on it and have discussed potentially doing that if there is enough demand.

Glad to enjoyed the great views and the service. Come back soon!

Scotland, PA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My partner had a conference at the Hyatt so our daughter and I joined her. We had just as much fun at the hotel as we did exploring the surrounding area. David, our concierge was so helpful and friendly...be sure to stop and see him! Our room was very spacious and clean and we had a great time at the indoor pool. Will absolutely stay here on our next visit to Phili!!!

Room Tip: Definitely request a waterfront room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is within walking distance to the historical down town (Independance Hall, Liberty Bell, US Mint.) We stayed here as they allowed "self parking" and that it was close to the areas we wanted to see. The hotel itself was large and beautiful which is what I expected for a Hyatt Regency. Unfortunately, this is where the accolades stop. I was disappointed by the following things: First the bathroom doors are two "French doors" which close together. These doors do not lock, and they have a half inch gap. Walking by you can see the person on the toilet. It's not that big of a deal if you are traveling with your spouse, but I still didn't like it. Also, this hotel has a policy of NOT replacing towels. Typically in hotels you see the "put it on the rack" if you want to use it again etc. Nope.. Not here you had to call everyday to tell them you wanted new towels/wash cloths which is redicilous for a Hyatt Regency. To add insult to injury, there were NO towel racks in the bathroom even if you wanted to re-use the towels. You had to use the shower curtain rod or the clothing hook! Really!?!?! We asked a house keeping lady in the hall for an additional wash cloth and she told us NO that she only had enough to service her rooms. I have to say it was tiring chasing after fresh towels during my week stay! Lastly, the "buffet" was not very good. While it was visually beautiful it was lacking the basics. One example was wonderful looking french toast.. I cut into it and 100 raisins leaked out in some sauce. Really?? I just want to eat and not have to pick out stuff because the hotel wants to be "gourmet." The next day I opted for the pancakes which were hard (so were my husbands.) I personally love and prefer Hyatt hotels, I was just disappointed at this one. On another note there is an out door ice skating rink within walking distance which was lovely. All of the staff was helpful (except for the housekeeping lady.)

• Stayed November 2012
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
The lack of helpfulness from the member of the housekeeping staff isn't acceptable. This is being addressed. My apologies for this experience. It is not a standard to not replace towels unless someone chooses to re use them. Hooks behind the batroom door are available to place towels on.

Your comments on the buffet have been passed on to the Chef. The French toast is a popular item. Certainly sounds like the pancakes were sub par that day. I am sorry that was your experience with them.

I do appreciate your comments. These areas are being reviewed and your feedback helps us fine tune these areas where we fell short. Thank you.

Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a beautiful, clean hotel with great views of the river. Even though it is located at Penn's Landing across the highway from the rest of the city, it is a short, easy, direct walk right into the historic section. The restaurant was delicious and had an awesome, healthy menu for children! Staff were very nice, too.

Room Tip: Try to get river view, although the view of the city skyline at night isn't bad either!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Regency in Philadelphia from 10/29 (our anniversary) till November 1st to hide away from Hurricane Sandy. We absolutely loved it. Check-in took literally less than 5 minutes. we did self parking (even though that was the cheapest yet still expensive option) but nonetheless hassle free. We got to the room and it was pretty. The room felt comfortable and we were able to hook up our game system to the tv (which is a plus for us since we drag our Xbox on almost every vacation we go on) The food was good especially during happy hour. Everything about this hotel was perfect. Very clean and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us during the hurricane. I hope your home didn't suffer too much damage. Glad you enjiyed the get away. Hope you can come back for another visit that isn't connected to a hurricane!

New Jersey
Reviewed December 4, 2012

First, request a room with a view of the River. You might as well have a view, because you will be overpaying for what you get at this hotel. Yes, the room was clean. We paid about 200 a night, which included a lovely breakfast. Parking was 30.00 a night, which was about average in Philly - but you would think you would get some discount staying at the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the Old City. Most Hilton hotels give you bottles of water when you arrive, you have to beg for them at this hotel. Nothing is complimentary. We will choose another hotel in Philadelphia for our next trip. You would think that after spending 300.00 at the bar over two nights, that they would comp the parking, but NO!!! Even the parking deck near the REading market (don't miss it), discounts parking once you spend 10.00 at the market. Shameful.

Room Tip: Ask for a River View... otherwise you might get a view of I95.. and the sound of continuous traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to learn your entire stay didn't meet your satisfaction. The parking is lower than many hotel options in the city as well as offering the options of valet or self parking. There are package options we have that include parking which may be better alternative for future travel.

Thank you for sharing your comments.