“Very NIce Hotel”

Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Scenic location on river. Attractive, well-maintained facility. A short walk from an excellent restaurant situated in a huge tall ship. Was pleased with every aspect of the hotel except that dinner there was mediocre-- somewhat disappointing. Overall this is a high quality hotel which is reflected in its room night pricing and parking-- the latter is $30 a night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding in town. I had also been here last year. We were upgraded to a waterfront king. Nice room, great view, comfortable bed!!. Clean hotel, nice little bar and restuarant on the water and great location. we had a wedding rate so it was reasonable. Also stayed at the Jersey City Hyatt for my son's wedding and find the Hyatt's are consistent and the staff is great!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Great to have had you with us. Thank you for the Hyatt choices you have made when traveling. We appreciate it.

The kind words for your experience here are anre great to see and thank you for sharing them. Come back soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We booked this hotel because of location, we wanted to be close to Penn's Landing and it was only a 5 minute walk away.
Our room was spacious with a nice view of the Delaware, it was clean and well cared for. The bar was nice with good drinks and the hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. The only reason I didn't give this hotel a better rating is because of the WiFi charge. Our bill to stay for one night was $218.00 plus $30.00 to park my car. On top of that they wanted $9.99 for internet access, I find have a problem with this. Maybe it's me but I refuse to pay internet when I am away most hotels offer it for free, maybe the charge is hidden somewhere but it's transparent to me.

Sorry for the rant about the WiFi because I did enjoy the one night stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. Always great to learn of someone enjoying their stay and that they were taken care of. The feedback on the wi-fi is appreciated. Many of similar hotels to ours also have charges for wi fi. Maybe some day this will get worked out.

We will pass along your comments to assist with future discussions on this topic. We do offer options for wi fi inclusive to your stay and maybe that would work in the future.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Hyatt at Penn's Landing is beautiful, well-maintained and in a nice location, but what most impressed me was the consistently-good customer service I received there. I was planning to travel as a member of two couples attending a wedding in Philadelphia, when my husband had to cancel at the last minute due to medical reasons. When I explained the situation to the front desk, the Hyatt staff allowed me to cancel my room without charge and stay with the other couple on a cot in their room for all three nights. When a small glitch meant I was accidentally charged for one of the three nights, a quick call to their reservation desk cleared that up - the man I spoke with couldn't have been nicer and more apologetic about the oversight.

It is rare to encounter such good customer service so consistently across a hotel like this. Thank you to the Hyatt at Penn's landing for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlwaysUpForAdventure

Thank you for the kind words! Great to learn about the quick service and assistance you received. I hope there will be another opportunity to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I used to live in Philly so I was familiar with the location of this hotel. For out-of-towners you may feel it's a bit off the beaten path if you don't like to walk. Some of the hotel staff was pleasant but others not so much. Not what you would expect for a 4 star hotel - call it the Philly factor I suppose. Rooms are plenty big and the baths are a good size but they really need to redo the showers - old school tubs and shower curtains that stick to you when the air conditioner turns on. This is a city so expect to pay big for overnight parking. Got a good deal which was the main reason I selected this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeezaPHI
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The location is fabulous, it is on the water and walking distance to the Liberty Bell and touristy things. The staff was as friendly and as accommodating as anyone could hope for. The breakfast buffet was the best and I don't usually like breakfast buffets. The omelettes were so good, had I known, I would have come a day sooner. I would definitely recommend this Hyatt and will definitely stay there if I return to Philly. Oh, last but absolutely not least, the bed was absolutely wonderful.

Room Tip: Request a water view room. We did not think to ask but very thankful that we got one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MariC483

Thank you for staying with us during your vist to Philadelphia and for the great comments about your experience here. Glad you enjoyed our location close by so many of the city's great attractions.

Come see us again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at this hotel; both times we were staying for a concert across the river. This hotel is beautifully maintained and clean. The staff is very friendly and efficient, and the views of the city and water are amazing from the rooms. It is extremely convenient for concerts as we just walk out to the back and take the water shuttle over and back from the concert. I've never had any problems with this hotel and plan to stay here next year for our annual concert in Philadelphia!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ampru98
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thanks very much for the kind words. Very glad you have enjoyed our hotel and thank you for the positive mention on the service from the staff. We appreciate it and look forward to having you with us for another concert soon.

Safe travels,