Spent the weekend in Philadelphia for my wedding. Stayed in the VIP suite on the 22nd floor and had about 50 wedding guests from out of town staying at the hotel. Great stay!
First, I have very realistic views when staying at lodging properties. I travel quite a bit on business and pleasure. I am surprised there are so many negative reviews for this property after my recent stay.
I would certainly stay here again. And, many of our wedding guests made it a point to mention to me that the hotel was a great choice for our “host” wedding hotel. I can stop there, however some specifics….
LOCATION – Some reviews complain about the location. I have no idea what these guests are talking about. Within minutes, you can walk to Old City and the Constitution Center. If you like to drink, South Street is about a 15 minute walk away. I felt I was in the middle of one of the nicest areas of Philadelphia (Penn’s Landing). You also have the waterfront right at the doorstep. Personally, I thought the location was awesome, and if you needed to get beyond walking distance, it seemed that you were within a $10 cab ride from the entire city of Philadelphia.
PARKING – Yes it is expensive, but what do you expect??? You are parking in a covered, attached garage in one of the nicest areas of Philadelphia. Parking in any major metropolitan area is going to cost you, especially if it is gated and covered. If you aren’t happy with the daily parking fee, park on the street and see how well you sleep that night…..
SERVICE – I travel a lot for business and have the opportunity to stay in some pretty decent hotels from time to time. The service here was pretty decent. Prepare to tip, but the staff earns it. The Bellhop staff was especially helpful and courteous from the minute I pulled up. Again they are working for tips, but I thought they were very friendly.
ROOMS – Clean and well appointed. Again I stayed in the VIP suite, and everything was obviously wonderful on the 22nd floor. Beyond that, I heard nothing but positive comments from our wedding guests.
VIEW – Unbelievable! Try to get one of the upper floors if possible. Either way, you are pretty much guaranteed a great view no matter what room you get.
FOOD & BEVERAGE – The only meal I had at the hotel was breakfast the following morning with my family. It was very good. Perhaps a little pricy, but you have to remember you are having a meal within the hotel property and you have to expect to pay for this convenience. The breakfast was served hot and tasty and the service was decent as well.
ELEVATORS TO THE PARKING GARAGE – I think that it is funny that some reviewers are complaining that you have to take up to three elevators to get to the parking garage. Give me a break. Is it going to kill you that you have to walk an extra 4 minutes and take an additional elevator ride to get to your car, in a parking garage, attached to the rear of a major hotel property? As I stated earlier, if you are worried about elevators, you are focusing on the wrong things.
In the end, I would stay here again. It is a modern, business class hotel that will satisfy most every guests. The location is great, the service is friendly and the views are incredible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront property located at the doorstep of Center City, and walkable to Philadelphia's Historic Sites. Take in wonderful city views from a spacious and elegantly furnished guest room. Stay connected with WiFi at the oversized desk, or recline on the plush bed and watch the flat-screen TV. Additional in-room amenities include an iHome alarm clock radio, refrigerator and in-room safe. Choose an inviting suite for more space and amenities, or treat yourself to the ultimate Penn's Landing stay in the luxurious Owner's Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia At Penn`s Landing Hotel Philadelphia
- Hyatt Regency Penns Landing
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Hotel
- Hyatt Philadelphia
- Hyatt Penns Landing Hotel