1,136 results
All reviewsgreat locationhi expressparking garagewithin walking distancewould stay here againwalnut streetincluded breakfastoutdoor poolbreakfast roomjefferson hospitalyogurtliberty bellbreakfast barhistoric siteshot breakfastconvention centerfront desk staff
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Room was good size. staff was great. excellent location, centralized to Philadelphia's best sights. 5 night stay was great

Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express while on a college visit with my son. The main factor was the price. Our family had stayed a couple of years ago at the Hampton Inn a few blocks away and enjoyed it. But, this hotel was significantly less expensive and I figured that it would be OK for the two of us. It was ok but not as nice as the Hampton Inn and I would not have been happy staying here for an extended period of time or with the entire family. Still, the staff was nice and accomadating. The room was adequate but the carpet, fixtures etc. in some need of repair and the bathroom very small. Breakfast was adequate. All in all, for a quick stay or a place just to sleep while touring, I would recommend it but I was not entirely pleased.

Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed February 1, 2010

First impression was a RUDE receptionist. Some Spanish girl at the desk...name began with an "L". Doesn't really matter, but if you're in a customer service industry you'd think you'd be friendlier and smile a little bit. Other staff, especially food service and housekeeping staff,were just the opposite....very nice and welcoming....seems the girl at the front desk could use some lessons. Next was the room on the 17th floor. As soon as I walked in, the strong smell of Lysol hit me in the face. For about an hour, I could hardly breathe. It only made me think something awful had happened in the room before I got there, like someone vomited or crapped on the floor in there. Gross!Breakfast was complimentary and surprisingly good. Other than that, it IS a Holiday Inn so I guess I got what I paid for. Not going back again.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Stayed here for a night. Comfortable and spacious room. Old building, but the room was clean. Check-in was fast. Breakfast was good. They have a nice breakfast/dining room. Breakfast staff were nice and greeted us on our way in and when we left.

They do not have a business center - atleast I did not see one. They have a computer next the elevator which did not have a printer.

Located right next to a parking lot - $21 a day that was valid till 3:30 PM the next day.

Located in a nice area in Philadelphia. There were a lot of restaurants and coffee shops nearby.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S V
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Great location one block from city hall and off the 'tourist path' of market street. Philly has too many vagrants on Market Street by the convention center that bother you as you walk. Best place in town is Old McGillans, the oldest pub in Philly (since 1860) that is across the street. Portofiro's on Walnut was also very good. Hotel is average. For example no fan in the bathroom, no doors on the closets, it is what you would expect from a H.I. Express, but the staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet free but mostly cold. Plus is a parking garage in the hotel ($21 per day) . Overall we had a great time in Philly in this great location, just not much to do in hotel

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family