Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$146
$219
$199
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$156
$197
$186
  • Free Internet
1,088 results
All reviewshi expressgreat locationwithin walking distancewalnut streetparking garagebreakfast roomjefferson hospitaloutdoor poolyogurtwould stay here againfree breakfast isliberty bellbreakfast barconvention centerhot breakfastfront desk staffhistorical sites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Was the most reasonable place and close to walking for a lot of places--neighborhood was very nice and seemed to have a lot of restaurant options. Breakfast was basic but filling--I don't need crazy when I'm traveling with the kids and parents. I agree the parking garage was a bit creaky. Staff was nice and helpful with directions and suggestions. If/when I come back, I'll try to get back here

Room Tip: rooms are being renovated from the top down--hopefully will just get better
1  Thank Diane C
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

If/when you are able to come back, we hope to see you. It sounds like you had a well rounded stay and we are happy to her that it was a good one and our staff helped to make it that way. Thanks!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Just come home from a week at the Holiday Inn and we had a great time. The staff were friendly and always helpful, location excellent once we found our bearings and the breakfast was most welcome each morning. The lady that cleaned our room on the 14th floor was great and was always ready with her kind words. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a hotel in Philadelphia.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Our staff does try to make our guests fell welcome and comfortable while they are with us and it's great to hear that you had the chance to explore the area. Thank you for letting us know that we were such a good part of your visit!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

While the hotel was nice enough and in a good location, you park in a garage that is attached to the hotel, It says it is self-park. When I pulled in there was a maze of cars parked on each level and no spots. On one level I finally spotted a parking attendant, He was reluctant to assist but finally did. He told me to rudely to just leave the car, Then be barked what time are you checking out. Extremely rude! Another car in our party had the same incident. When we were leaving, and I had to find someone to get my keys it was another nightmare. All in the garage were rude and clueless. While I waiting for a parking attendant to get my keys (He told me "to wait" in a rude voice), a young female driver was going through the maze looking for a space. She called over to him very politely. He flipped out at her and told her he didn't know here to put her car and too bad. She was almost in tears. When I finally got my car, the gate would not open to let me out. I pushed what they joking call the help button. The voice was rude and barked orders that did not work. I waited for 10 minutes with a line in back of me. I rang the help bell again. Finally a clueless attendant came out and began to yell at me for not waiting. WE exchanged some words and finally I was out of this hell hole parking lot. Rude, obnoxious and clueless! While I get that the garage is not the hotel, this is where they tell you to park and hotel charges you an amazing 25.00 a night for this abuse.
The room was clean. The hotel is getting a make over now so ask for a new room. The rest of the staff was nice enough but everyone seemed a bit clueless. They stored my bags since I arrived an hour before check in. When I got my bags back they added a few of some other people's shopping bags. ( We did give them back :) )
I would be reluctant to return because of the parking. It is truly bad and the attendants are truly the rudest people I ever experienced in my life. This hotel will lose business if the guests need to suffer when arrive and leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room until they are done
1  Thank spikeHenryville

We are sorry to hear that you had such difficulties with the parking garage, and your comments will definitely be addressed with the parking garage management. It's good that you mostly enjoyed your stay with the hotel, but we are unhappy that the visit was not an all around success. Thank you for your candid comments. We do appreciate hearing from our guests.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Was heading out to Philly almost on a whim. My first day of visit would be a Saturday ( in late July) and leaving on Monday. I didn't even start looking for hotels until late Friday night, so there were a lot of hotels that were already fully booked.
My particular needs were a sub $200 a night price ( including parking ) a pool, free breakfast and something within walking distance to the historic district.

I could not have been happier with this hotel. As this trip was my wife, our daughter and myself a very small room would have been a little trying. ( and yes, some of the other hotels have some tiny rooms ).
The reviews I read were all pretty positive and it lived up to everything that I expected based on these reviews.
The parking is run by a separate company, but you will find no more convenient of a location in relation to a hotel than this.. The entrance to the lot is right next door and the hotel desk is accessible by either of the streets or directly from the parking garage. They have a few spaces inside the parking garage reserved for you to park while you check in. The daily rate through the hotel desk is $25 with in and out privileges.
For me, this was well worth it, not all parking in the city is adjacent to the hotel.
I would guess that the parking lot was at some point owned by the same company as the hotel as the lot itself takes up the space where floors 2-5 would be in the hotel.
This hotel is 19 floors ( it calls the top floor 20, but as with many older buildings there is no floor 13. ).
We were fortunate enough to get floor 20 and the view is terrific, if not a little scary at first to someone not fond of heights.
The pool is outdoors on what I think is the 7th floor, we could see it directly below our window and it was clean and had a lifeguard, though officially the signs say there isn't one. I don't know what their ongoing rule is regarding this, but it was nice to have one there.
The check in was very quick, there was only one person checking in ahead of us when we arrived but even with them finishing up, we had our room keys and were on our way up to the room inside of 4 minutes...
The room appeared to have been recently renovated. The furniture was all in very good shape and comfortable. There is a USB charging port built into desk as well as standard outlets in all the expected places.
The pictures on the walls were all photos of local landmarks. Which is a nice touch,
The wifi worked but seemed to cut out for a little while here and there but that may very well be our only complaint about the place.
I don't know if there were guests in the neighboring rooms but if there were, we couldn't tell.
We generally don't want staff in our rooms while we are visiting but housekeeping did ask us which room we were in and upon noting it was one of the rooms that had the do not disturb tag on the door, she asked us if there was anything we wanted for the room. We took an extra towel and that was it. I've never had housekeeping say no to any request for extra towels, shampoo or anything like that... but this was actually the first time it was housekeeping that initiated it by asking me as I passed in the hall.

Our room had a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge. It did not have a safe which would have been nice... ( or at least I didn't notice it ).

The breakfast was good... a very nice selection, cereals, oatmeal, bagels, pancakes ( though the machine kept clogging and while the staff did their best to fix it, it really seems like a poor design and ties them up fixing it constantly ), coffee, juice, thomas' english muffins, eggs, fruit ( not all that ripe but again seemingly a trivial issue considering the amount of available food ) bacon.... all in all, a really nice breakfast. I've certainly paid for a lot less.
The two people staffing the breakfast were exceptional... They are the kind of people I would hire if I were in a position to do so.

The neighborhood has plenty of local food choices within walking distance. Actually just about everything is within walking distance. We walked as far west as the Mutter museum which was just under 20 minutes, as far south as South street where we ate at Rex 1615 which is a terrific little restaurant on South Street between 15th and 16th and we walked east as far as the river..
All of the historic areas are well within walking distance, as are banks, stores and many museums.

Quite simply, if I hear anyone going to Philly I will recommend this hotel to them.

In fact, I was so impressed with the hotel I had to find a hotel for Tuesday night between Philly and our next destination and I chose another Holiday Inn Express because of how happy we were with our stay here.

Room Tip: If you aren't afraid of heights, ask for upper floors... The view isn't perfect ( there is a giant taller building the next block over ) but definitely worth checking out.
1  Thank Troy P
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Traveler comments about the staff are not exaggerated. We were in for a convention and everyone associated with the hotel went above and beyond for us. Anything we asked for was provided promptly and with a smile. We stayed in a renovated room that was immaculate and well equipped with a larger than normal refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Neighborhood has numerous quality, affordable restaurants and shops. Only downside was the parking garage on the last day. Gestapo attendant would not let our cab leave until we paid additional money to get out(!) This was totally unacceptable and soured us on what was a more than pleasant experience with the hotel. Since we were on our way to the airport, we had to pay for this 'shakedown'. If you use the parking garage, BEWARE! Otherwise we highly recommend this hotel and its marvelous employees.

Room Tip: Upper floors have beautiful city views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Leslie242014
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for letting us know how much the staff and the hotel lived up to your expectations while you were at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown. We do think they are terrific as well! Your comments about the experience in the garage will be shared with Patriot Parking 's management. Again, thank you for letting us know about your stay.