Stayed here last year for the Flower Show (see review dated March 12, 2012) and returned again this year for two nights. This time I had a room with two double beds.
The positives include:
1. Large, spacious rooms; my room looked like it had been recently updated.
2. Very comfortable bed; excellent linens and pillows.
3. Excellent housekeeping - spotless!
4. Good heating and air conditioning.
5. My room (on the 10th floor) had a view of William Penn atop City Hall.
6. Location cannot be beat. Halfway between Independence Hall and the Art Museum - both in walking distance (less than 10 blocks). Lots of dining and entertainment choices nearby.
The needs improvement:
1. Unlike the rooms, the lobby and the hallways look a little old, dark and dingy. Only two elevators, which was a bit slow due to the crowds (lots of tourist there when I visited).
2. Front desk was efficient, but not very friendly. Also, they need to be more knowlegable about dining places.
3. Breakfast area was crowded, but woman working there was very nice. It is the standard HI Express breakfast (I love the make your own pancakes, but not the powdery eggs).
This is a great choice if you are looking for a central location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Downtown Philadelphia has to offer at the convenient, clean and comfortable Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia. In the heart of Center City, you will have access to shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Midtown is within walking distance to various historic sites including: Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and the Betsy Ross House. Our hotel is convenient to many other attractions including the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the Avenue of the Arts, Philadelphia's Restaurant Row, Penn's Landing, Philadelphia Zoo and Museum area. A short subway ride away are professional sports venues: Lincoln Financial Field, Wachovia Center, and Citizens Ball park. Getting there is fast and convenient. Easy access to all major highways and only 8 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport, you ll spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to Philadelphia to do. Whether you re coming to Philadelphia for business or pleasure, rest assured your room at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia is your personal retreat. Relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as free High-Speed Wireless Internet throughout the hotel, Complimentary Hot Breakfast Bar, Outdoor Pool, 32 LCD/HD TV s and comfortable bedding means every night is a great night and every day starts right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Midtown Hotel Philadelphia