“Great location, clean and affordable.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown
Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
PA
“Great location, clean and affordable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times while visiting Philadelphia. Its got a great location! The cost is affordable. Staff is always friendly and rooms are always clean. Continental breakfast was plentiful and good. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear CarroeDLRDH,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We value all guest feedback. We hope you enjoyed your time in Philly. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you again for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Excellent hotel with good sized rooms, friendly staff, free breakfast and wifi.
Great location in heart of Philadelphia
Stayed new years eve and had a great time, was sad to have to leave
Would certainly use again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear dropswell,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We hope you enjoyed ringing in the New Year in Philly. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Smyrna, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Picked this location due to proximity to work project. Good location in Midtown Philadelphia. Rooms, very average, nothing special. Walls very thin, could hear the person next door talking on the phone as if he was in the same room.

On-site parking garage says "self parking", but you have to leave your keys with an attendant. Attendant had the impression that he was doing us a FAVOR for him allowing us to park in the garage. Hotel should find a different parking vendor for their parking garage.

Check in process was slow, but Front desk agent was polite.

I had a co-worker joining me for a project the next day and I was to pay for their room. They had reserved a room at the same location. They did not arrive until about 1am. They called me when they arrived and I called down to the front desk (from my room phone) and asked them to please put my co-workers room charges onto my credit card. They insisted I must come down to the lobby, sign the registration form in person, show my credit card and ID before giving my co-worker their room. I asked why this was necessary and only got a very rude response from La Shai that it was company policy and if I didn't do it they wouldn't get their room. I could not believe it. So, I got dressed, went downstairs, gave my CC and ID (again) to get my co-worker checked in. I once again asked why I needed to come down to the lobby and all Daniel and La Shai would say was it was strict policy. I understand a policy, but some policies (is this a high school?) I find a bit absurd. They already had all my credit card and personal information. Being a customer that stays 200+nights in hotels every year, I have never encountered such poor customer service.

I generally like staying at HI properties, but they should realize if they make a guest feel that they are a child that other hotels would gladly take their business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HIEXmidtown, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
The Holiday Inn Express Midtown-Philadelphia greatly values both the privacy and security of our guests. Holiday Inn Express Midtown-Philadelphia also greatly values our frequent guests and Priority Club members. In this instance, a policy was upheld in order to guarantee the credit security of all of our guests. All guests using credit/debit cards are asked to present identification to validate their use of the card in question and required to have the card swiped as a record of its legitimiate use. While we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, we stand by this policy as it protects our guests; we hope that you can see that we truly have our guests' best interests at heart.
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a strange week of staying 4 nights in Philadelphia, and staying in 4 different hotels. It was over New Years, this was the first one.
And, it was fine. The location is excellent, surrounded by great options to eat, there is a restaurant called Sampan, go out the front door onto Walnut turn left, and take the first left, it's right there and EXCELLENT. They have incredible food for Happy Hour, Kobe sliders $2, delicious dumplings and fried rice, it's upmarket and really really worth a visit!
Back to the hotel. Typical of a Holiday Inn really, I thought the carpet was kind of grimy, it had stains, yuk. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom is really small, the sink is outside of the bathroom itself, my husband likes this, I don't.
It wouldn't be the top of my list of where to stay in Philadelphia but again it is in a great location.
The check in staff were extremely slow, and mixed up our booking, we had 3 rooms, so it took quite alot to sort it all out.
The breakfast, don't waste your time. VERY basic.

Room Tip: higher floors, better view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Annette T,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. Thank you for telling us about your thoughts about the carpet and the bathroom in your room. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a great few days here. Nice central location, cheap, clean, big room.

The breakfast was okay, a bit busy and hard to find a table, but for what you pay, you really can't complain. Nice pastries, toast etc. A pretty good way to start a days sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AmyBristol82,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. Thank you for telling us about your concern about the breakfast service. We will pass these comments on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed a night here, booked two rooms for the kids and parents. rooms were clean and warm. location was fantastic for seeing local sites. staff are professional and helpful. I would stay again and recommend this hotel to all budget conscious travellers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Rick T,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights on my trip. First was when I flew into Philly to catch Amtrak up to NY the next morning. Arrived very late, took the taxi from Airport to this hotel cost about $40 and it was a 20 mins ride or so. I stayed at this hotel in the summer&so I knew the service and rooms are great.

My first room the washroom was a lil dirty but it was late&I was tired so I didnt mention it to the Front Desk. I am sure they would have moved me into another room no problem. I returned a few days later for the Lakers game and the room was clean and everything was perfect.

I love this hotel. Love the service and love the breakfast and the location aswell. Tons of shopping a couple blocks down. Will always choose to stay here when visiting Philly! Thanx for another great stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Stayed in a room near the elevator but never had any noise issues. Standard roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank west_coast22
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear west_coast22,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments. We appreciate are return guests so much. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. With that being said we would like to apologize for the bathroom in your room. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Philly and hope you will stay with us again in the future.