$122
$112
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$155
$125
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$223
$147
Kimpton
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

$132
$111
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$181
$168
Kimpton
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$153
$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$134
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Loews Philadelphia Hotel(Philadelphia)
$208
$149
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$181
$159
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

1,121 results
All reviewshi expressgreat locationwithin walking distancewalnut streetbreakfast roomparking garagejefferson hospitaloutdoor poolyogurtwould stay here againfree breakfastliberty bellbreakfast barconvention centerhot breakfastfront desk stafftoilet paper
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hotel staff really was friendly, the room was comfortable and everyone slept very well--and the location is excellent. Breakfast was fairly standard (with the exception of warm cinnamon rolls), but we all ate our fill and did not need to stop for lunch until after 3 PM. Parking staff was courteous and professional, but the garage itself was extremely tight, and negotiating the turns was extremely nerve-wracking in a Chevy Suburban. The garage is self-park, but the attendants are there until very late at night and will help you if you need it--apparently, people who are not guests of the hotel rent spaces in the garage which leads to a crowded situation during the day. When we were going to check out in the morning, no fewer than 13 cars had to be moved in order to allow us to leave. I was amazed at the speed with which the parking attendant accomplished this, but it was still an inconvenience.

Bottom line, I would highly recommend this hotel (if renovation work doesn't bother you) UNLESS you are going to bring your car. A smaller car might be all right, but I would not stay here again if I needed to bring a large vehicle.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear mayofam2,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. We are sorry for the parking situation. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are always trying to find better ways to make this better. Our guest feed back is very important to us. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have re-read recent reviews and must say if you are on your honeymoon, romantic weekend etc this is probably not your place, but if you are here to see the sights of Philly on a family vacation or budget getaway then this is your best choice. I have stayed here once before and loved the location and friendly staff, nothing changed this trip. You have a hotel that is easy access to all the tourist spots, Reading Terminal Markets (which you must visit) and the shopping district. The hotel itself is undergoing a refurbishment which is timely and will only add to the value (especially if the bathrooms and carpet are done). Check in was manic on our day but the staff handled it so well. Every staff member in the hotel just went the extra mile but the standout was Debra, who would greet us every morning no matter where she was on our floor.
The room we stayed in had a microwave and fridge which was handy. I found the hotel felt safe and secure and the rooms were quite and spacious. The only real criticism was that the internet was patchy and slow. An easy fix, that was something I value highly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear thecrankytraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate all of your feedback about your stay. We would like to apologize about the internet. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We appreciate guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel, to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked this hotel over phone and with my membership I got a quick reservation without having to mention personal details. The payment was quick. The location of the hotel is the biggest plus, however, I found the room rate a little higher. Interestingly, all great sights of Phily are in walking distance. Rooms are small, typical Holiday Inn. Overall it is OK. They serve breakfast at the ground floor which is typical packaged breakfast. They have started the much needed renovation which may cause a little discomfort as of now. The staff is courteous and helpful. I did not order any room service so can not comment on that.

Room Tip: Can try other hotels in the vicinity to compare.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear ashutoshmagus,

Thank you so much for your review. Thank you for bearing with us during our much needed renovation. We are trying not to disturb our daily activity. Thank you so much for all of your comments. Your feedback is very valuable to us. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I got a great rate with my Entertainment card and the place was fine for our overnight stay. Checking in took a while but the woman who helped me was courteous. Parking attendants were helpful and all the maintenance and house keeping staff we ran into was very friendly. The room was very clean and the hotel was well maintained. i was disappointed that everything in the lobby was closed at night, including the main hotel entrance. It was a little bit of a pain. Also, was annoyed that I wasn't allowed to drink a beer by the pool. I get that glass or an open container might be pushing it but I poured it in a plastic cup and wanted to enjoy a beverage in the pool before dinner and was told I couldn't. There was a sign posted and it was the policy so i respected it but I like a pool with a bar area or if not at least let me drink a beer. Pool was nice thou, even though I didnt stay in long. AC didn't keep the room cool enough for my liking and I was hot while I was sleeping. Then it froze up and didnt work at all for a while. Bathroom was smallish. Maybe this stuff will be addressed as part of the remodel. Location was good. Breakfast bar was awesome for the price, FREE! Nice selection and the attendants did a great job keeping it well stocked. I could go for another cinnamon roll now! Overall, if I could get a good rate and I was returning to the area I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear ISellSyn,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We are sorry that you were not allowed to have a drink by the pool area. There are a few reasons why we do not allow this. The reasons are for the protection of all our guests, and also we have to adhere to any state and city laws pertaining to this. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We are also for the air in your room. We appreciate all of your feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Here for one night with two kids. We noticed the room smelled of old smoke. Room was in bad need of renovation. I guess we got what we paid for. We should of upgraded ourselves at a nicer hotel but we got enticed by the price.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Hyekids,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We apologize for your room. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback. We use it to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you and to future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.