“quick trip”

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
Ranked #65 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
Cirencester
Reviewed January 14, 2014

A hotel I would not re visit no atmosphere, no sole. Dull and boring. Rooms ok, cookies on reception nice. Service in empty resteraunt or bar very poor.

The only thing going for the hotel is the room is ok and check I. Was good.

Avoid unless you want to satay in a lifeless place

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel poor service no atmosphere
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Reviewed January 3, 2014

What a pleasant surprise – this hotel has all the benefits of a large chain with the personal touch of an inn. From start to finish, my longer than expected visit in this hotel exceeded my expectations. The team, without exception, was warm and accommodating, going beyond what I’d expect to make me feel comfortable under the trying circumstances of my visit. I travel a lot on business, but never stayed in a “women only” wing – wonderful experience! Safety, quiet, chocolate and lots of extra amenities!

The front desk staff worked to keep me in the same room my entire visit, even though I kept moving my departure date. The entire team greeted me by name and asked after my hospitalized husband. The doorman helped me clear snow and ice from my car – not at all expected!

Overall, I felt that I had a team of people looking out for me and taking care of my comfort and safety so I could take care of family business – what more could you possibly ask of a hotel?

Room Tip: If you're a woman traveling alone, be kind to yourself and try the woman's floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I just stayed here over Christmas as we visited family in Manayunk. Considering that Manayunk doesn't have any hotels, this was by far the best location that we could have with a hotel. They were doing some construction or upkeep to the front doors when we checked in, but other than that, the lobby and general common areas were clean. The rooms were fine but the cleaning service doesn't come until late afternoon. We were out from 8 am unitl about 3 pm, then again from 5 until the evening....guess what time the cleaning service came both times? Right around 3:30 when we wanted to relax for an hour. We didn't have service 3 of the 4 days we were there because of the inconvenient time. Other than that, the hotel was fine and I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Joe S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. It is pleasing to know you like our location. I was disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with the level of service received from our housekeeping staff, and would like to apologize for any inconveniences. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Zelyn N
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed here in March 2013 and found the staff friendly, particularly at check in. Our room was comfortable with great beds and bedding and plenty of coffee provided :) The hotel ran a courtesy bus to and from the training venue and the driver was also helpful. I noticed the hotel had a female only floor that may be of benefit to women travelling alone for personal safety reasons. All in all I found the experience of staying here to be a pleasant one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Everything was top-notch. Siva (one of the managers) took great care of us. It was like having an angel taking care of us the whole stay! I asked for a room away from the elevators for quiet (ahead of time), and although they said they didn't have any she came through.
Someone wrote to ask for a room on one of the top 2 floors for quiet. We were on the 7th floor and the room was very quiet. The walls are thin, but there's nothing the staff can do about that.
I was worried about the bed firmness and pillows, as I have a bad back…had the best sleep ever! Also, no plumbing problems as someone else wrote.
I swim laps and there was a rope across the middle of the pool. When I asked someone at the desk if it could be taken down she didn't think it could be. (???) I asked her to check further and they took it down.
The gym looked excellent, but I didn't have time to try it out.
I had also read that the water can be very cold. It was perfect temp; there was a medical convention in town, so when there's enough people occupying the rooms, they heat it to a higher temp.
Don't order the nachos at the restaurant--terrible, no taste. Tell TGIF to make sure the food is hot enough (lukewarm).
Wifi was fine, no parking fees. Don't hesitate to book here!
Reason for Visit:Tests at Temple Hospital for son.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevators for quiet (ahead of time), and although they said they di...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret S
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Crown Plaza
If you need to be in this location for no more than a night, then this hotel is okay. Otherwise it's a tired place with small rooms begging for a makeover. That being said, front desk staff was pleasant and responsive to our request to move rooms and adjust our bill when someone else charged their meal to our room.

Takeaway
The location is good if you want to stay near the City Line Avenue area and/or don't want to stay in Center City Philadelphia.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear AnnFran20,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be pleasant and responsive.

However, I am sorry to hear the you were unhappy with the hotel's appearance. I sincerely apologize for the room condition did not live up to your standards and deeply regret that we were not able to exceed or at least meet your expectations.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. we hope that you give a chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M