“Excellent Value Very Pleased”

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
Ranked #66 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were happily surprised and pleased with our 3 night stay. Rooms were very large, exceptionally good housekeeping, very good shower, excellent bed and pillows. There was a problem with our reservation, we needed a room near the elevator but that was not noted on our reservation so we had to change rooms. Too bad there was no safe or frig in the room, Quite close to downtown (15 min). We found it unusual that there's no place for breakfast except the hotel within 5 miles from hotel, so make sure you don't miss the 10am breakfast cuttoff (please make it 11am, for those on vacation!). Philly was a great short vacation, will certainly revisit and stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Beds were comfortable, room was clean, service was very friendly and professional. I expected more for the price we paid. There was no min bar, no fridge, no microwave. Staff was so courteous they made me want to stay another night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Kimberly C,

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how much you enjoyed our comfortable beds and staff service. It is unfortunate the room amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We appreciate your comments and rest assured that they will be shared with our team for future improvements. We thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Zelyn N

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Beds were very comfortable. Plenty of parking. No safe in the room. Maid service slow. Maintenance came swiftly after I reported a leaky toilet. Gym and business center located in the lobby, so no privacy. Good location for our purposes. Good value. Internet service good in the room. Nice small bar. Ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. For the value, it is quite adequate. I was able to visit a suite as well and it was average

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Elizabeth S,

Thank you for your candid review. We are delighted to read you found the beds very comfortable. We regret you were not satisfied with the maid service during your stay. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Connie D

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice location ..Many may complain far from downtown but ...Ans ..no 44 bus is just outside hotel and very good frequency ...And most imp free shuttle by hotel(needs prebooking)..
Breakfast good ..service good...room cleaning good..

Target is just nearby so shopping no problem...outside many good hotels ..

only bad thing is check ..inn timing . Even mentioned at time of booking at 1pm room was NOT ready ..as per checkinn desk it is 3pm ...but even if mentioning prior why cant you make room ??thats the reason for 4****..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank drtbhat
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

checked in Tue Aug 27, 2013. I checked-in with a trainee (highlights on left side) and she was very courteuos. I stayed on the women's only floor and it was perfect! At the end of the hall there is water flavored with some fruit and snacks. An indoor pool and spa. They have a 24hr fitness center. Ralph Holmes from housekeeping really made our stay! He is simply a gem. Mark at the front desk was also very helpful on this trip. Thank you to you both we will return!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I wanted to go to Philly at the last minute this weekend, but didn't want to spend much on the hotel. I come here often, and usually get rooms out west. Considering my other half doesn't like to travel a lot, I wanted to stay closer to Center City to be closer to the attractions. The location is great, as its only a few exits away by car, but still in a suburban setting close to chain restaurants and shopping. I got a great deal on the room. I get to the lobby to see lots of people loitering and shifting the furniture around. It is not a luxurious experience, as it looked like groups and families were staying there. Check in was easy. The person that helped me noticed that there were double beds, and I asked her to change it to one bed. She nodded and I thought she fixed it. I get to the room, to see its right next to the elevator and there were still double beds. My boyfriend accused me of asking for separate beds, and said, that we were going to be like I Love Lucy. He went on to have his own bed. There was plenty of noise in the hallway, with cheerleaders doing cartwheels and flips. People congregated and socialized outside of our door. The decor of the room was comfortable, clean and acceptable, however the lobby and the hallway was outdated. They probably need to expand that space and redo the seating area. The people looked tacky hanging all around. The hotel is no frills, and for the price, I got what I expected. The deal I received was almost half the actual rate and thats all it was worth. The people in there probably didn't mind the cost, as they were in groups and split the rates. If you want a luxury experience, don't pay that regular rate at this place. Please spend a few more dollars and stay in Center City.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't put you next to the elevator, the farther away the better. The doors are t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiemposdepaz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Tiemposdepaz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion it was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza West for the weekend. We've stayed there before and were pleased that the hotel is close to stores and restaurants. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, offering made to order omelet bar, fresh fruit, pastries and more. There is ample parking and it is right off the highway so it is really easy to get to. We did experience one downside, however, our rooms were not cleaned on Sunday when we returned after 4:30 PM. We had to ask to have the rooms cleaned, which we found less than desirable. The rooms were cleaned after we made the request, but we should not have had to do so. The hotel rooms (wallpaper, bathroom tile/fixtures) could be updated, but the linen and decor are still pleasant and modern. Other than that, it was a good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family