“Nice hotel with a great free breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
Ranked #66 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Belleville, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel with a great free breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for just one night while traveling on business. The room was comfortable and appeared to have been recently updated. The staff were very nice and professional and the breakfast which was included in my rate was really nice. I wasn't there long enough to check out the hotel amenities or the area, but it was perfect for my purpose and I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
Florence, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel itself is nice, clean and comfy--I stayed in the women only wing--great idea--felt much safer. The big thing I loved about this hotel was the over-the-top service. I had left my credit card at the restaurant where I had dinner and didn't discover it until after the hotel shuttle service had stopped. The front desk arranged for the driver to stay and help me out. I didn't know how to get to the restaurant as a friend had driven. But Anthony came through for me. He found the restaurant and drove me there to retrieve my card...no complaints, no whining about staying late....just EXCEPTIONALLY friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Binghamton, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall, a nice experience. Very clean. We had a king size bed (very comfortable) and the room still had lots of space. Dresser, writing desk with deluxe swivel chair, upholstered chair with ottoman, flat screen TV, clock with CD player and built-in nature sounds (nice ocean surf!). Lots of counter space in bathroom, but no place to hang towels except on rack in bathtub. Outlets built in to desk lamps so you can plug in your chargers, etc. (always a nice touch). Free wi-fi, but even though my iPhone would connect, the apps refused to use the service.

Easy access to I-76 (take City Avenue exit from either East or West). Minutes from downtown and sports complex. Friendly front desk staff. Lots of parking spaces, although we had to hunt a bit to find an empty spot. Several chain restaurants within site of the hotel - TGI Friday's, Joe's Crab Shack, Chipotle Mexican Grill.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Queens, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I booked a two night mid-week stay to take my 10 year old son on his first trip down to Philadelphia while the NYC schools were out for spring break. I selected this hotel due to the fact it was outside of the city, offered free parking and had an indoor pool & hot tub. I booked a standard room with two double beds and was disappointed with the cleanliness and lack of amenities as soon as I opened the door. The room did not provide a refrigerator or a microwave which would have been convenient considering I was looking to stay more than one night and have at least one meal in the room (I should have researched more carefully). Also, the bathroom lighting was poor and its appearance was outdated / aged. While the pool was heated and the swimming area was decent which made for an enjoyeable swim, after returning to the room for the night I was extremely disappointed to roll back my bed sheets and find crumbs and dirt in them. My son's bed appeared to have been clean but mine certainly wasn't. It was late and I had spent 30 mins earlier in the day working on connecting my son's Xbox to the hotel tv (which by the way the technical support # at the hotel was very helpful with) that I didn't ring the front desk to complain but instead mentioned the situation with the sheets the next morning while leaving for the city. I also inquired at that time if I could get a refund for the 2nd night (I had prepaid for my stay 7 days in advance to get a lower rate) to which the front desk was extremely accomodating and immediately refunded my credit card. I have stayed at many hotel chains yet never a Crowne Plaza - I'm sorry to say that this experience will prevent me from considering another Crowne Plaza hotel in the future.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TracyTomNY
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear TracyTomNY,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. I appreciate the compliments on our accommodating staff. We apologize for the room amenities experienced and the problems you encountered with the cleanliness of the room. However, we are glad the charges were removed. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Our efforts to improve the hotel are ongoing and we appreciate your honest feedback. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff were hands down the best and always willing to help and offer advice.
Being this was our first time in the city and we were apartment shopping. They made good recommendation and went that "extra mile"
The rooms are clean, beds and pillows so comfortable, and probably one of the quietest night
sleeps in a hotel room then I have ever had.
The complimentary breakfast was also quite good.
There is also a car rental agency right along side the building, CPK as well as Starbucks and Target, and more all within walking distance.
We will definitely stay here again!

1 Thank DQ1611
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here on a recent visit to philadelphi, ou first stay outside of center city. The property had a nice upscale appearance in its public areas, and our room was pleasant, comfortable and clean upon arrival.

Pros: Free onsite parking was a welcome plus, and there was free, but weak, wifi. In-room coffe was a keurig brewer, also nice.

Cons: The hotel was busy with at least one wedding taking place the Saturday night of our two-night stay. That wasn't the problem, though it meant drunk revelers in our hallway oblivious to the fact that other guests might be trying to sleep between 2-4am. My primary complaint was that housekeeping skipped cleaning our room. We were out for many hours and did NOT leave the "do not disturb" sign out.

One of my favorite things about staying in hotels is coming back to a neatly made up room, so I was very disappointed to return to an unmade bed and dirty glasses. When I called housekeeping the woman was chirpy but not terribly apologetic, saying she wasn't certain any staff was still available to come. Since we were ready to settle in already there was no point in being disturbed by a cleaning staff even if she eventually could have found someone to do it. At checkout out the next morning when the front desk staff inquired about our stay I mentioned that our room hadn't been cleaned, and the reaction was indifferent. An insincere apology was offered, along with an equally insincere, "we'll check into that." So on our next visit to Philadelphia, WE will check into a different hotel.

The down

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank teriyakijones
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear teriyakijones,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are pleased you found the rooms comfortable and clean. It is our goal to consistently provide superior accommodations at our hotel and your comments regarding housekeeping are very much appreciated. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Troy, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Crown Plaza in Philly this past weekend. The staff was courteous and the rooms were very clean. The amenities were nice, but although this hotel was rated as 3 stars it was not quite as nice as some of the 2 1/2 star hotels that we have stayed at. Would definitely stay again though, especially if we could book it through Priceline.