“Nice hotel for valentines day trip”

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
Ranked #66 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Really enjoyed the hotel, only issue was there was no hot water and it took a while for someone to come to our room to fix it. Great location for jumping on the bus to sight see, had a great time for my first trip to Philadelphia :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Spent a very pleasant night on the women-only wing of this hotel, which is very accommodating of both business travelers and women alone. The room was large, light, well furnished, with easy wireless internet service. There are business and fitness centers on the main floor. Ample parking. The front desk people were warm and friendly. The hotel is located next to a shopping center with California Pizza Kitchen, Starbucks and Chipotle within easy walking distance, while the hotel itself has a restaurant open for all meals (not included in price.) If you need to be at this end of Philadelphia and need a place to stay, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I liked the all-women wing - if you're a woman traveling alone, I think it's worth the upcha...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is neat, clean and a good value for the money. At 9pm at night there was a staff person dusting the walls. The front desk service was quick and efficient. There is free parking which is a big competitive advantage over the Philly downtown hotels where you could pay over $30 per night. So if you don't need to stay downtown, this is a great property for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JDRolle R
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a Bar Mitzvah near by. We got a very good rate and it was only oen night so we weren't very picky. The room was musty and stuffy. The fan was not working was covered in dust. The blow dryer did not work either. The lobby is nice and the breakfast buffet was nice and it is nice to be able to just park your car in front and not valet. I cannot speak to the location since were not there to see the sites. But there is a Joes Crab Shack and a TGI FRidays across the street. We did not use the pool or gym but they looked like they were in nice shape

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear kidfree,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Checking-In

PROS: Fast and easy with free parking. I was able to check in early.

Lobby:
PROS: Very comfortable, a lot of seating space with a bar and pool area! It is really nice.

Room
PROS: So quiet...loved it!!!
CONS: Did not have a good view; will try to get a better room with another view, next time. The room was also quite small but not a deal breaker

Bathroom
PROS: Clean and powerful water pressure
CONS: The toilet was broken. It was fixed later that night after I checked in.

TV
PROS: HUGE flat screen TV with a host of great channels to chose from.

Bed
PROS: PERFECT for comfort!

Checking-Out
PROS: Excellent!
CONS: Some one smeared [--] all over my car door. The front desk staff and housekeeping cleaned off my car door.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BlkLily
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Close to the center of the city (10 minutes by car), the establishment is well maintained. The room are cleaned diligently, decor is fair for the price. Nearby target and TGIF.

Cross the door and smilley Jack will make everything to make you feel at home, and that is the "philadelphia marathon moto" best time of your life. The crew will do everything to accomodate you.

Thanks Jack and see you soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The service was exemplary from start to finish. Whenever I wanted information, reception went above and beyond to give me what I needed and more. When I tried to take a local bus (3 minute walk from hotel) but to no avail (delayed over 30 minutes), I called the hotel and asked them to call a cab for me. 2 minutes later, the bellman actually came outside into the freezing cold to bring me back to the hotel to a cab that was waiting. Now, that's service; he didn't even want my tip.

Though the room was nice and clean with a comfortable bed and fully functioning electronic devices, that would not have mattered. The service was impeccable.

P.S. The availability of chocolate milk at breakfast was totally a plus!

Room Tip: Try to get the executive floor if you can; it gets you access to the lounge, which has some snacks a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business