“Just ok, but a nice omelet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
Ranked #66 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Dobbs Ferry, NY
“Just ok, but a nice omelet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a Bar Mitzvah near by. We got a very good rate and it was only oen night so we weren't very picky. The room was musty and stuffy. The fan was not working was covered in dust. The blow dryer did not work either. The lobby is nice and the breakfast buffet was nice and it is nice to be able to just park your car in front and not valet. I cannot speak to the location since were not there to see the sites. But there is a Joes Crab Shack and a TGI FRidays across the street. We did not use the pool or gym but they looked like they were in nice shape

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear kidfree,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Checking-In

PROS: Fast and easy with free parking. I was able to check in early.

Lobby:
PROS: Very comfortable, a lot of seating space with a bar and pool area! It is really nice.

Room
PROS: So quiet...loved it!!!
CONS: Did not have a good view; will try to get a better room with another view, next time. The room was also quite small but not a deal breaker

Bathroom
PROS: Clean and powerful water pressure
CONS: The toilet was broken. It was fixed later that night after I checked in.

TV
PROS: HUGE flat screen TV with a host of great channels to chose from.

Bed
PROS: PERFECT for comfort!

Checking-Out
PROS: Excellent!
CONS: Some one smeared [--] all over my car door. The front desk staff and housekeeping cleaned off my car door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BlkLily
montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Close to the center of the city (10 minutes by car), the establishment is well maintained. The room are cleaned diligently, decor is fair for the price. Nearby target and TGIF.

Cross the door and smilley Jack will make everything to make you feel at home, and that is the "philadelphia marathon moto" best time of your life. The crew will do everything to accomodate you.

Thanks Jack and see you soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The service was exemplary from start to finish. Whenever I wanted information, reception went above and beyond to give me what I needed and more. When I tried to take a local bus (3 minute walk from hotel) but to no avail (delayed over 30 minutes), I called the hotel and asked them to call a cab for me. 2 minutes later, the bellman actually came outside into the freezing cold to bring me back to the hotel to a cab that was waiting. Now, that's service; he didn't even want my tip.

Though the room was nice and clean with a comfortable bed and fully functioning electronic devices, that would not have mattered. The service was impeccable.

P.S. The availability of chocolate milk at breakfast was totally a plus!

Room Tip: Try to get the executive floor if you can; it gets you access to the lounge, which has some snacks a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The staff and service are excellent, but the ac / heat system in the room was old school. Ticking all night. Not sure if each room is like this, but doesnt lead to a very good sleep... The workout room is very good, as was breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed with my mom at the Crowne Plaza West for a course. The rooms were comfortable and ok.
The bellman Jack was out of this world! super friendly and willing to help with every little detail we could possibly request.
What a great surprise to meet staff like that. I recomend..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

My teenage daughter and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza West Nov 30th and Dec 1st. The room was very comfortable, and the desk staff and bellman Jack were awesome. Very friendly and willing to help with anything and everything! We had no problems with noise, the bed was very nice, and the heating/cooling worked great. TGI Fridays and Target right in the same parking lot (handy). Might not be a great location for if you are seeing the sights downtown (there is a free drop-off shuttle, but it's a $20 cab ride back), but we were attending an Irish dance competition at the Commodore Barry Irish Center, and it was perfect for that! Issues: We came down for breakfast at 10:50 on Sunday, only to find the restaurant was only open 'til 10:30 for breakfast. :-( Also, the afternoon bellman seemed to have a problem with the fact that Jack (earlier bellman) had already set us up with an airport cab for 4:00pm. There were multiple cabs and I'm pretty sure we got pushed into one that was not the one Jack had set up for us. (It also ended up being $15 more than we had been told). Overall, though, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family