“average”

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
Ranked #66 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

average hotel, including average food and service. Cleanliness is not the first priority of the hotel, however big rooms. Not up to the usual standard for Crowne plaza, but ok on the whole. Staff were friendly!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Davidheeps,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the compliments about our friendly staff. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry our hotel fell below your expectations in terms of cleanliness. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My car and 7 other cars were broken into when I stayed in this hotel at 3am!!! Glad I wasn't walking to my car while the people were in the act!! They stole items worth thousands of dollars from my car!  My fault for leaving items in my car their fault for admitting to not having any what so ever surveillance!!!!! How does 8 cars get broken into and the hotel didn't hear anything!!  All the managers and workers showed no expression of  being surprise, instead they tell guest "this is the first time this has happened and it's not something that happens often." As a manager also told a police man not to tell people this has happened before! Then they help people put plastic on the their windows, vacuums the glass up and then hand you glass repair numbers!  So disappointed from the lies the hotel workers were telling and all posing as managers!!!  The walls are paper thin and the couches in the lobby were filthy!!! Invest in some surveillance!!!!

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Hilton!!!! It is 1000 times better!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear M L,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Fine hotel with a big clean room for me and family on a one-night stay.

Hotel gets bonus points for the following: When we checked in late afternoon, they sent me to a room that was not made up yet. I returned to the front desk, notified them of this, and was promptly given another room. That room was not ready yet either. Finally, the third room was clean and ready. Each time, I returned to the front desk, I didn't raise a big stink, only notified them of this, and each time they were very apologetic and tried to right things immediately. Done and done. Later that night, much to our surprise, management sent a bottle of wine and assorted fruits and cheeses to our room for the inconvenience.

A tip of the hat to management of this hotel, and for the proper treatment one rarely gets from a hotel nowadays.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

clean hotel, very good personel,located close to university of the sciences, excellent food all around, close to interstate, and stores. will return to this hotel, and would recomend to any one.good hotel for family, or th single traveler.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JMOSSEYRB
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Phildelphia West for one night, July 19, 2012. There were a lot of flights cancelled at PHL that night, so I believe that the hotel was experiencing unexpected last-minute volume.

The room: The room was clean overall, and the bed was very comfortable. The room looked to have been updated fairly recently, but it seemed like a surface update. New furniture, new linens, etc., but the room itself seemed tired and out of date. For example, the closet had those mirrored doors. The bathroom was clean but also seemed outdated.

Service: Check-in went smoothly for me even though there were a lot of other customers waiting around. The staff was generally friendly. The stand-out employee was a lady named Allison, who went above and beyond to make sure my stay went smoothly. The concierge was also super friendly and kind. The biggest blip involved a room service order. I ordered room service right around 10:00 (to be fair, when room service was closing down and the hotel was swarmed with new guests), and was told that food would take about 45 minutes. I received my food after an hour and a half and two calls to the front desk, and, again, Allison rescued the evening by personally bringing the food to my room. The food itself was not great, but may have been better if I had received it sooner. I was told that my dinner would be on the hotel due to the delay, but I found the charge on my credit card later (doh!).

Location: I am not familiar with Philadelphia, but this location seemed a ways out of the city. The hotel was very conveniently close to a Target and many restaurants.

Other stuff: I had some trouble with the Wi-Fi password, but once I was given a new password, it worked great.

Overall, I might stay at this hotel again if I found a really affordable rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Evertime we visit Philadelphia our family of 5 stays here. The rooms are comfortable and clean. It's close to restaurants and shopping. The pool, hot tub and work out room are clean and always in working order. The restaurant, room service and lounge are great. Free Internet!! Perfect for families or couples that want afordable comfortable lodging.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank artmomrx
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I thought that if I paid a little more than for a limited service hotel I would have a significantly better hotel experience. At the Crowne Plaza West Philadelphia, I was quite wrong. It costs a bit more, but actually delivers less, than a modern limited service hotel such as Hyatt Place or HGI or Courtyard. The Crowne Plaza’s lobby and rooms are tired. The lobby has no inviting place to “hang out,” which is today an absolute requirement for any hotel. The elevators were generally very slow. The breakfast was good, with a range of fresh produce and good-looking omelettes. Unfortunately, I couldn’t order an omelette because at all times there were five people in line waiting for their omelette. The breakfast area was way too small – smaller than in a typical limited service hotel – yet the breakfast seating area was quite large. Result: a very tight space and lots of congestion. And, on one occasion, the hotel had not properly cleaned the “clean” plates. They were all dirty. The rooms have stand-alone air conditioning units that blow right over the bed, going on and off randomly throughout the night, making a lot of noise and interfering with sleep. The doors to the bathrooms are strangely narrow, so that a full size man (not unusually large) needs to walk in sideways or perhaps at a diagonal. Unlike any hotel I can remember in recent memory (everything from Ramada Inn to Four Seasons), this hotel wants to charge you $10 a night for a fridge in your room. In mitigation, I was able to persuade the desk clerk to keep my cold food for me, though first it had to pass a size test to make sure it would fit into the small fridge in the hotel office. The staff was universally pleasant, nice, and helpful. Overall, though, I was quite unimpressed with this hotel and would recommend staying almost anywhere else.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Joshua S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Joshua S,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Myrna M