“Excellent Service and Location”

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
Ranked #64 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Excellent Service and Location”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This property is very clean, and great hvac in the guest rooms. I called the front desk asking for towels and they were delivered to my room with in minutes. Every employee greets you with a hello and a smile.The hotel is in walking distatnce to over a dozen resturants. Plenty of free parking and very good internet connection. I highly recomend this property. Our room was very large, and the bathroommwasextra clean. I will always stay here when I visit Philadelphia.

Room Tip: We had room 405 which was very large.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Excellent service. Friendly. Very comfortable rooms and wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New London, Ohio
Reviewed September 27, 2011

On the positive side this hotel is located conveniently off I76 and is near downtown attractions. I prefer this because I don't like the hassle and added expense of parking downtown when staying at a hotel.

Also, the concierge staff was very friendly and helpful.

The cleaning staff on the other hand was downright awful. Upon arrival I went to take a shower and the tub wouldn't drain because the drain was full of previous guest's hair and what appeared to be makeup cleaning pads. I wasn't too happy to have to dig all this crap out of the drain. We stayed for 3 nights and soap & shampoo were not replaced each day. We had to request more once we were out. Towels were not replaced one day. Each day when we returned to our hotel the air conditioner was set on the lowest setting so our room was cold for 30 minutes or so until it warmed back to a reasonable temperature.

Worst of all, after checking out we realized we left a jacket hanging in the closet of our room. After calling the hotel several times we were told it wasn't there. The person cleaning the room clearly stole this didn't turn it in to lost and found.

I also thought the bucket in the lobby catching water dripping from the bathroom on the floor above was a nice touch.

I'm not at all happy with our stay here and will find somewhere else to stay when returning to Philadelphia.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was a comfortable place to stay if you have business in the area. The hotel feels a little on the older side but still clean and comfortable. Noise wasn't too bad. Wish I had time to check out the gym and other amenities.

• Stayed September 2011
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were rebooked with this hotel during our vacation. What a pleasant surprise it was. We were on one of the top floors and the view was great. We were right in the thick of the action. Very close to a lot of the sites.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This location is definitely not the place to stay if you are planning on walking in Philadelphia. Its not anywhere near the historic sites. You could cab it. Its more of a business hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed here on a point break reservation.and was satisfied with the accomodations though I though the hotel itself was a little dated. However I can say nothing but great things about the staff. They went out of their way to make sure I was able to find the inetersting sites of Philadelphia. The complimentary breakfast was good although I missed the omlets. To me the biggest drawback was the distance it was from Constitution Hall and the Liberty Bell. If I return to Philadelphia I will probably stay at a property closer to the historic district..

Room Tip: The 8th Floor has an executive lounge with continental breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple