“Everything broke down but the kitchen sink.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Center City

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Center City
Ranked #46 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Everything broke down but the kitchen sink.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Lovely staff upon check in,with grace and promptness, filled request for a room on a top floor.
And then we entered the room...
The television and phone were broken. An engineer came, replaced the TV but left the phone.The toilet required two hands to flush.
Next day after a sleepless night due to a plane landing in our bedroom repeatedly...oh no, that was the air conditioner... I requested either a change of rooms or an air conditioner repair. The front desk receptionist told me the air conditioners were slowly being replaced due to the extremely loud noise they made. I asked again at noon and was assured that it had been taken care of.
It hadn't.
That night at 9pm I was in and out of rooms with the accommodating night manager to determine noise levels of air conditioning systems.
Eventually we settled on a room to sleep in while keeping our belongings where they were. We were too weary to move all our things.
Don't know if I would stay here again. Great staff, old hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank rainyand
Rodney G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia. I am truly sorry you had such a bad experience. Our team did advise you correctly, we are working diligently to replace all A/C units throughout the hotel. Our engineering team is one of the best, i will follow up with the team and use your feed back as a training tool. I am glad you were able to finally get some rest. Thank you for being patient with my team and when your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Thank you for the kudos regarding the staff, they truly strive to ensure all guest have a pleasent stay. Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I think this hotel hasn't been touched since the early 90's from the decor, to the hallways and reception, cracks in the ceiling and the furniture. Really not what you would expect from an embassy suites. It is located centrally, which is great but I stayed here even for free on business and I wanted to leave. The only nice thing was that there was free drinks and chips at happy hour. The elevators were small and cramped. The hallways made me feel like I was at a high school swimming pool. The views were great, but there were no chairs outside, and the glass was really stained and dirty. I found a tick in my room and was not really sure where it came from and it scared me. At least The bed was really comfy and the suites were large but oddly shaped.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for submitting such valuable feed back regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia. I’m sorry you felt we were not what you were expecting from the Embassy brand. We are a unique property and we pride ourselves in having a clean hotel with a customer focused staff. We have regularly scheduled pest elimination preventive maintenance so I am surprised that there was a bug in your room, I do apologize for the scare. However with open air balconies it sometimes can be a way in for pest when the door is left open. Our team of managers do conduct daily walks of the hotel to ensure we correct any deficiences before our guest occupy any of our rooms and I am sorry we missed some items in your room. We look forward to serving you again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Philadelphia. Thank you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Everything is great except the hotel policy to photo copy credit cards and leave them in unsecured areas, a potential Identity Theft nightmare! Most people don't know they are even doing it....so you might want to use a travel account only card or loaded debit with a limited amount on it. This practice is careless in these times.

• Stayed November 2012
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The rooms are very spacious. Lots of wasted space in room due to circular shape of hotel, but makes room seem very big. It is clean and the beds are comfortable. But it is not what you expect from a Hilton property. Very old and dated. Manager reception is barely adequate. Breakfast is at attached TGIFriday's. Restaurant is cramped and seemed dirty. The hotel needs a complete remodel from top to bottom. For the price you pay, you expect more from an Embassy Suites. Although you should not avoid this hotel, you should look at others first.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DavidWB95
Thank you for the feed back regarding your stay here at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia. Our unique hotel is not the typical Embassy suites, however we do offer the standard amenities plus all rooms have a spectacular view of this wonderful city from their own private balcony. Our manager's reception is standard however we are attempting to invite some of the local favorites to add a change for our guest. This is an older property, but we are one of the more unique properties in Center City and we welcome your return when visiting Philadelphia for future trips. Thank you again for staying.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in downtown Philly for a business trip. The location was convenient since it was near the office building I had to work out of. The rooms are large but the elevator was a nightmare - it takes a very long time to get from your room to the lobby, which was frustrating. Also, the breakfast did not have healthy options. At the time I visited there were large groups of school tours staying there so the elevators were crowded and so was the breakfast area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response concerning your experience here at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia. We are working with our elevator vendor to find ways that will decrease the waiting time; we appreciate your feed back. We often have large groups during the summer months that do occupy much of the hotel and breakfast areas. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia you would continue to frequent our Hotel. Thanks again for staying.
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in downtown Philly and came away very impressed. It was conveniently located near the offices we were visiting (the Comcast Tower) and is just a short walk from several historical landmarks. I’m guessing the building was formerly an apartment complex as the rooms are very spacious (separate living room & kitchen area from bed & bath) and the elevators (I believe there were four) are located in the center of the building. The only drawback is the required valet service which is a little pricey (I believe it was in the $45 dollar range) and I’m not sure if it’s per night or per stay…(only stayed one night.) I’ll definitely be staying here again when I return to Philadelphia in the future!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jeremycriss
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I visited Philadelphia for a quick weekend away a few months ago. We booked a room through Priceline, which was very easy. We loved the hotel. The valet parking is nice (trying to find parking in Philly during the Flower Show can be tricky), the customer service was excellent, and we loved our room. The complimentary happy hour was a nice touch as well. We definitely would stay again, and have recommended the hotel to family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple