WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #45 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Check In Problems”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Check in is scheduled for 3pm and I arrived to the hotel at 4pm to find that there were no ready rooms. We were told to wait in the lobby and they would call my cell phone when a room was available. I have now been sittin in the lobby for an hour and I am livid. After driving for 4 hours, I would like to get into my room and not be sitting in the lobby with all of my luggage!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I sincerely apologize that there was a delay with your check in. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your honest feedback, I have provided your review to our front office team to ensure that our guests comfort and expectations are met.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Husband and I show up and the front desk receptionist greets us with insane attitude, telling me she does not have ESP because I did not offer my name immediately after I politely asked her to check-in. This lady (or animal...whichever works) never even asked me my name, but instead reacted to me with some serious unwanted 'tude. Long story short, she "upgrades" my husband and I to a room with the security latch broken, the walls appearing poorly refurbished, gross stains in the toilet and tub, and two double beds. That's right - two double beds for an adult married couple (total dorm room style). Anyway, I'm really not impressed with the room, the view, and especially not the insulting staff. I'm writing this review after having been here for only 1/2 hour. Speaks volumes of my experience here so far and the fact that I already regret staying here. Don't do it to yourself...stay away from this hotel (or make sure in advance that they've gotten rid of the animals).

Room Tip: Best tip to get a good room at this hotel is for you not to stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the poor level of service you received while staying with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review will help us accomplish that. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We want you to know that we have addressed our team in regards to your review and we will make the necessary improvements. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Harrisburg Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Embassy Suites is my favorite place to stay when I visit Philadelphia. I am a frequent customer. I only had one bad experiene but it wasn't bad enough for me to not return to the Embassy Suites. The location is perfect and the Customer Service is "Great". I wish there wer other choices for breakfast because I really dislike the free breakfast. I was happy to see the the coffee cups increased in size. The location is perfect, we have easy access to all the places we need to go. My only complaint is the condition of the bedding. Its alway so wrinkled. It takes away from the fresh apperance that the room should have.

Room Tip: I prefer the lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and eager to please. The rooms were spacious and clean. However, the heat/air conditioning unit in my room was so loud that I could not sleep (and I am not a light sleeper). It sounded like a truck engine. The front desk staff person was apologetic the next morning when I complained and quickly agreed to move me to a room with a quieter unit. However, she told me that most of the hotel's rooms have noisy units.

The heat/air unit in my new room was much quieter the next night. Although I was well rested, I had a rude awakening the next morning when there was absolutely no hot water for my shower!

While I appreciate the efforts of the staff, they can't make up for the serious problems with the hotel's systems.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We’re sorry that we didn't provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy heating units and our water heaters. Your comments will help us correct these issues as we are working with our maintenance team to find a permanent solution. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area. We would love another chance to provide a great stay.
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I acquired these accommodations "blindly" through an on-line service. WOW! Everything it was "advertised" to be - and more! The location, the rooms, the views, the complimentary breakfast, the staff...each aspect revealed itself like a Pick 6 sequence of numbers appearing on MY ticket! I had never been to Philly before, and now I can't wait to go back. My S/O and my 16 year old son were equally pleased and impressed - which is quite a feat with the average US teenager.
Just AWESOME!

Room Tip: Check out King of Tandoori and the Rose Tattoo on Callowhill near 19th. There is also much less exp...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boyertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and each time I found the hotel to be a great bargain for the price paid. The staff was very helpful and courteous and the rooms wer very spacious and clean. The evening cocktail hour and complimentary breakfast were all a plus and although parking was expensive, I found it to be very convenient. I will definately stay at this hotel on my next visit to Philadelphia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Going in to Philly, I always used to say, "That's such a cool building, we'll have to stay there sometime" So when we got a Living Social offer for this hotel, we jumped on it.

We took the train from Middletown, PA (Free parking!) to Philly, then got a cab from 30th street station to the hotel. 5 bucks, I think. Check in was no problem, even though we were early.

Again with the round hotel, but this has multiple elevators, so you may get off facing your room. Or not. Kind of a wheel of fortune deal, except with hotel rooms & elevators. Pay attention.

The room was fine. Clean, spacious, and oh glory be, the bedroom was not near the front door, so you got no elevator sounds or guest noise. There was a little balcony (Yes, Virginia, you could open the sliding glass door) and the view was great. Too bad it was cold, or I would have happily sat out there and watched the world for hours.

The bed was wonderful. I'd go back to this one just for the bed.

The bathroom was okay too. Bonus points for the massaging shower head and Crabtree & Evelyn (Crabby Evvie) bath supplies.

One of the 'claims to fame' this chain has is the evening manager's reception. It served it's purpose with free drinks (tip the bartenders please) but the snack selection was confined to salsa & chips and some kind of snack mix. We were all about the drinks. Get there early, as the seating is varied and somewhat limited.

Breakfast was gross. In the attached TGIFridays. It was a cattle call, and people were carrying on like they've never had a free breakfast in their lives. Yogurt, fruit, juices,cereal, oatmeal, omelet line, steam table eggs, grits, biscuits and breakfast meat. At least the coffee was good. I'd rather have a reduced room rate than endure breakfast there again.

All in all, I'd stay here again. I like the place, and I love the city. It's within walking distance of some good bars and shopping. (Reviews of the restaurants/bars forthcoming) We also went to the Franklin Institute and checked out the Titanic exhibit, which was very well done, and incredibly sad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple