This is a slightly dated property, but has been updated with some newer furniture, so the rooms in general are pretty decent, the suite is very spacious. Not sure if the living room has a sofa bed but if it does have one, then I would say it would be a good deal for a family. I believe all the rooms come with an open balcony, mine did (which is a nice touch) and decent size kitchenette with microwave/fridge (no stove). The rooms are not as sparkly as the professionally shot pictures show.
The location is okay I guess and the views may be nice depending on which floor you are on and which way your room is facing - I wouldn't count on it. I was supposed to be on a 20-something floor, which was smoking and the only non-smoking room they could find for me was on the 9th floor. Views not that exciting! The choices of nice restaurants within walking distance are poor. The one Chinese place (Asia on the Parkway) that delivers is pricey and the quality of the food is low. Other choices are TGIF (go figure!), no nice steak/seafood place.
The service was really disappointing, first it took for ever to check me in, then I was booked in a smoking room supposedly by my booking tool (which has never happened in the past), then when I asked for the free water for Hilton silver members, I was told it's not in my profile and I need to go online and update it (again never happened in the past, always get the water sometimes without asking at all Hilton chains).
They do offer free made to order breakfast (location of the restaurant is inconvenient, 2nd floor) so if you are up there with your luggage now you have to wait for the elevator for just one floor. They also offered managers reception - so free drinks I guess? I didn't take advantage of it. The snacks are no good though (chips and pretzels).
Parking: No self parking, valet only @$45 Yup! So make sure you factor that into your cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, full service hotel, TGI Friday's attached to hotel, guest laundry, fitness room, valet parking available. All suites have kitchenette area, balconies with sweeping views of the city, two televisions, two phones, living, dining, work areas, separate bedroom with choice of one king or two double bed. Queen size sleep sofa in living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Embassy Suites