Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #43 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Rochester, New York
“ok”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I could not believe their channel selection it was awful. The had no hbo or ppv. No video channels like vh1,mtv or BET. Loud party next door, doors slamming on first floor at 2am no one cared. Complimentary limited drinks from 5-7 was cool and the staff were pretty friendly. I guess it was just ok and they need an ice maker on the 1st floor.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Massachusetts
Reviewed November 29, 2010

My husband and I had four college students with us so we rented two suites for Thanksgiving night. . One for "the boys" and the other for "the girls" . Since the bedroom is a separate room with door, the girls were able to stay in the livingroom watching television on the sofa bed till late at night.. My only issue was that they had run out of blankets for the sofa bed so we had to pull one out of our car. The other is that they still charge for wi fi which is a little inconvenient and a little outdated. Nevertheless, their (free) cooked to order breakfast is a cut above the typical breakfast buffet you find these days. The staff also are very pleasant. When I thought I lost my cosmetic bag and called housekeeping, I received an immediate reply from the housekeeping staff who told me they would follow up. I was impressed with this gesture, and think that the positive staff attitude is a reflection of the management.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
california
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We stayed at this property twice, one night on our way to Rome and again on our return in order to break up the long plane travel. The first night was fine, but the room was SO far from the lobby and hauling our baggage was difficult. We were not told about the "Manager's Reception" so we missed out on the free cocktails and appetizers. We had a decent meal in the restaurant that night and a good breakfast the next morning. The free shuttle to and from the airport was nice to have and both drivers were pleasant and helpful Loved the ducks in the lobby!

On our return, there was a line at the desk for check in. When our turn came, the make clerk just said, "Name". No greeting, welcome, just wanted our name to get us checked in. I had reserved a nonsmoking room with 2 Double beds and requested a room close to the lobby, which we received. Upon arrival to the room, we were greeted with an overwhelming smell of smoke and saw that we had a room with a King size bed. I went back to the lobby and spoke with the male clerk about our room. He told me that as I had booked through Orbitz, we weren't guaranteed anything and just got what ever they had available. He rudely said that they were sold out and could not move us.
So, we spent a very uncomfortable evening in a stinky room. I kept waking up due to the overhwelming stench and developed a headache shortly after going to bed that did not stop until after we checked out.
It's a shame, really. This hotel has so much promise and good things about it. For the most part, the employees made us feel welcome and appreciated, but this bad apple desk clerk and smelly room ruined it for us. For a rate of $180, it was definately not worthit. I will never stay there again,nor reccommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2010

this hotel is great and beautiful except room is too far from the elevator and the freaking internet takes too long to navigate away from this tripadvisor site

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Reviewed November 13, 2010

The Embassy Suites - Philly Airport hotel is very nice! I was pleasantly surprised by the inside of the hotel. It was a chic lobby and had a pond in it with ducks! Lots of plant life surrounding it, giving it an outdoor feel. The rooms are all exposed and you can see all the front doors & windows, it's not your traditional "hallway" so to speak (some may or may not like that). There are no shortcuts though if your room is allll the way across the hotel, you must walk alongside the perimiter to get there. Stayed at this hotel for a concert at Wells Fargo which was a quick 10 minute ride, cab cost about $20. Manager reception at night serving your choice of complimentary drinks (beer, wine, or liquor) from 5-7pm and complimentary breakfast cooked to order (didn't wake up in time for it though). The room itself is very nice and spacious equipped with everything you need. I'm not picky about hotel views, but room 233 has huge piping right outside the window which is an eyesore so we just kept the sheers closed. Suite shop is open 24 hours and has a large variety of items. Stayed there on daylight savings changeover, so the staff had written a letter notifying us that our clocks had already been changed. A proactive approach by management was well executed - well done. Overall, a pleasant staff and hotel. I would come back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I joined a few relatives at this hotel for a weekend to visit and see the sights in this area. We had adjoining suites. The rooms were clean and well-equipped, and all of the hotel staff I encountered were pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfasts and happy hours.

Would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Our family stayed at the hotel while dh had a meeting there. It was clean, the rooms were nice and big, the hospitality hour and breakfast were great, and the staff was very friendly and hospitable, especially Mr. Gilligan and Mr. Hudson. We also appreciated that the pool was really warm, although the deck could have used a sweeping. I didn't like that our single window could not be opened, and the smell of cigarette smoke (in the non-smoking hotel) and deodorizers bothered me (like many hotels.) The next night I ran the fan, and it was better. I liked the room layout. The door opens into the living room, then the bathroom and mini-kitchen, and the bedroom is at the back. Any noise from the hall could be heard only in the living room. It felt spacious and comfortable, and the tvs were huge. The mattress was very comfortable, as were the bedding and pillows (I usually hate hotel pillows.) I loved the tile-shower enclosure, too, and the vanity had a nice, big counter. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business