Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$222
$199
$197
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$292
$234
$208
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$235
$219
Doubletree.com
1,717 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptioncooked to order breakfastphiladelphia airportfree happy hourpark and flyshuttle serviceliving roomfree breakfastfree shuttlethe room was niceparkingatriumphlruby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This Embassy Suites property is conveniently located by the PHL airport which was the only GOOD thing I could write about.

Now the BAD My room didn't have any food menus for Room Service especially for a hungry guest who had made a trip from the West to the East coast. I made a phone call for Room Service which took the kitchen staff 22 rings to answer. Dinner was pricey but your kind of stuck eating at this hotel because you don't have any food options. Dinner for "one" included the following; chicken fettucine with alfredo sauce, minestrone soup, cheescake and two cokes for a pricey tag of $52 without tip. As a Hilton Honor Gold member, I've been accustomed to having my VIP snack ammenities, but mine were not in my room. After complaining to the manager on duty (Matt) he suggested that the ammenities were for Diamond members only. He was wrong. It's really sad when hotel guests have to remind staff members of their privileges. Ammenities were finally brought up by Housekeeping.

Talking about Housekeeping. This property had failed on providing a "clean" room for this guest. I've included pictures of problems in the bathroom including the following; dirty/rusted shower stall, dirty and rust noted on shower door, rust noted inside the shower and a former's guest long brown strand of hair was left in the shower corner. It's apparent that Housekeeping and Maintenance of the bathrooms are a BIG problem at this hotel.

For my return trip to the Philadelphia airport later that week, I decided to stay at a nearby Marriott where none of these "unpleasantries" had arised.

Ed Urias
Hilton Honors Gold member since 2001.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank EdUrias
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the July 4th weekend. It was very crowded with family reunions and sports teams. Our room was very clean and spacious for our family of four. However, the common areas were not as clean as they could have been. The elevator floor was sticky during our entire stay. The breakfast buffet in the morning was fairly good but the lines for the cooked to order breakfasts were very long. The fitness center had two working treadmills but the bike was broken. It also had some weights. The indoor pool was quite dirty so we did not go in. There were a ton of children in the pool whenever we walked by. The happy hour drinks were very good and the food served was chips, salsa, popcorn and cheese. We had ordered pizza and were eating it at the tables in the lobby when we were approached by security and asked to bring it upstairs to our room. Since they have a restaurant onsite, you may not bring food outside of your room. There was a Ruby Tuesdays down the street and the hotel had two pizza delivery options available which were good. The hotel was convenient to the airport but not the downtown area. You needed your car to drive most places.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed here one night in May 2010 on a business trip. The hotel is an airport corridor removed from everything except other hotels and the occasional chain restaurant. The immediate surrounding area is a bit rundown and not walkable. The hotel itself was average across the board. The staff was not rude but not especially friendly. The room could have been cleaner but wasn't intolerable. This hotel worked for a business trip but I wouldn't recommend it for a leisure stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Once again this Embassy Suites was total enjoyment. From the super clean rooms to the outstanding service, our stay was exemplary. We stayed in the Embassy Suites in San Francisco once and had such a good experience that we will ALWAYS stay in one no matter where we go. This time we had to bury my father so all the kids and grandkids stayed here and had a grand time. We all were very impressed with the breakfast's and how much variety there was and how delicious the food was. The staff was VERY helpful and friendly. They made happy hour with free drinks and food seem like you were home kicking back with family. The staff at the front desk gave us pointers as to where to find a good Philly Cheesesteak and even Googled the address and printed out directions for us. The ONLY things I was disappointed in was the fact that this Embassy didn't have PPV movies available in the rooms and they only had one restaurant downstairs for lunch and dinners and the food was not so good. But there was a Ruby Tuesdays within walking distance that was excellent. Overall, the stay was pleasant and I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I was sorely disappointed with this hotel choice. In my opinion, the photos and website are misleading. The area in which this Embassy Suites is located is not nice. From the outside the hotel seems a little run down, but I had higher hopes for the inside. When I walked in, there was a mildew-like odor that was a bit overwhelming. There are water features, throughout the open concept which should be appealing, but unfortunately probably contribute to the smell. It seemed dark in there, which was odd, it being so sunny in the early part of the day that I was checking in. The people at the front desk did not seem genuinely welcoming and also seemed distracted. I made my way to the room and was shocked by the lack of privacy. It reminded me of the prisons that you see in movies where everyone can see into everyone else's "cell" (room). Of course I am exaggerating, but I kid you not that over the windows to the rooms, (to the inside and out) there is only a sheer curtain. You literally can see inside of everyone's rooms! I returned around 10PM that night and felt extremely uneasy seeing all of the people at the bar watching me walk to my room. Not helping the tension were the large stains on the carpet - one a very large red stain. Could it have been fruit punch?? It is a shame, because I can tell that the place has been remodeled to some degree and perhaps management is trying. The bathroom and flat screen televisions were nice. I was booked to stay for two more nights, but cancelled after that first day, thankfully with no penalties. If you are a woman, traveling alone, I would not recommend you staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business