Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
$249
$239
Orbitz.com
1,727 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptioncooked to order breakfastphiladelphia airportfree happy hourpark and flyshuttle serviceliving roomfree breakfastfree shuttlethe room was niceparkingatriumphlruby
Reviewed April 17, 2007

First, I am a big fan of Embassy Suites. When traveling with two children you can't beat the separate bedroom and cook to order breakfast. I was very disappointed in the PHL airport property. In general our room was dirty (mold and hair in the tub), the pull out bed was broken (the springs were bent and would not attach to support
the mattress - thank goodness my kids are still very light). The carpet was pretty worn and frayed at several seams. At check-in there
was a chicken bone in the elevator and at check-out the next day the same bone was out in front of the elevator. Hotel staff had both been
on the elevator and walked past the litter multiple times. The dinning area was dirty with sticky tables and indifferent staff. I completed an on-line survey with Embassy Suites over a week ago and have not heard anything in response. Still a big fan of this chain just not this property.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NWTraveler1
Reviewed March 17, 2007

Stayed for one night prior to flying out of PHL airport. Room was clean except for table which was sticky. Our main disappointment was that the walls are paper thin. Unfortunately there was a party going on in the room next to ours, so we did not get much sleep. By 5:30am it just sounded like 2 people talking, yet we could still hear them.

We booked a room with a king size bed through a discount site (can't remember if it was travelocity, expedia, orbitz, or hotel.com). They upgraded us to a room with two double beds for free, though i did not get the feeling that they routinely do this. All of the websites had about the same price, yet some charge $20 more for a second person, so it pays to check all of them.

Also, we called the hotel several times to check this, when you book the hotel through another website (other than their's) you can leave your car there while you travel, regardless of whether or not you've booked a park & fly rate or package. If you book directly through the hotel, you must book the park & fly rate. They did not take our license plate number or require us to put anything on our car, so I don't know that parking is even monitored.

The breakfast had both buffet items and cooked to order items. It opened at 7am on a Saturday and the line had formed before 7. They were late opening the cooked to order section and did not get that opened up until 7:10am. I was the 6th person in line to have an omelet made and missed the 7:30am shuttle as a result. Food available that I recall was: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets, cereal, yogurt, bagels, toast.

The manager's reception is early, so if you are arriving later in the evening, you will miss this. Also, check what time the breakfast opens the day you will be there so you are sure you will be able to take advantage of this

We would probably stay here again, but definitely would request a room near the least amount of people, or call the front desk if people were that loud again.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank LizardPa
Reviewed March 5, 2007

We booked two king rooms at the Embassy Suites for an overnight stay prior to an early morning flight out of PHL.

My observations –
1. Good staff that was helpful with questions
2. Evening reception was a nice extra – light snacks and open bar, friendly servers who were happy to keep the drinks flowing
3. Decent food in the lounge – there is only one other restaurant in the general area (a chain)
4. Muffins, coffee and juice were available at 5 am.
5. Shuttle to the airport runs every half hour but picks up when you call from airport
6. Rooms are a little tired but clean.
7. Free parking for one night. Parking for up to 10 days is extra yet you are not required to register your car, so how do they know who paid and who sneaks their car in for free?

We do sleep and fly most times we travel. This Embassy was on par with other airport hotels.

Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank cleobeach
Reviewed November 25, 2006

My husband and I stayed and the Embassy Suites one night in November (2006).

Pros:
Staff - Friendly and approachable.

The Room - Quiet, comfortable and spacious. The bed with six fluffy white pillows was awesome. I slept better than ever. To my surprise, the suite had a microwave and refrigerator.

Breakfast - The complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast was wonderful.

Cons:
Embassy Grille - The food was overpriced and not enjoyable. My husband was looking forward to the pasta prima vera, while I ordered one of my all-time favorite things: lobster bisque soup (plus a Caesar Salad). The lobster bisque soup tasted more like tomato bisque and hadn't a shred of lobster in it. We were both so disappointed and left completely unsatisfied. My advice is to ask for order from their "late night" menu which would have been less expensive. Apparently this menu has Philly cheese steak sandwiches and the like.

Location - A taxi ride to anywhere will cost you a fortune. My suggestion (since there is a microwave and refrigerator): Bring your own drinks and snacks.

Bathroom - The bathroom definitely needed some attention. It looked a bit run down compared to the rest of the room.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Caralot416
Reviewed September 22, 2006

We stayed at this Embassy Suites before a flight the next morning. Since our flight was not leaving until 9:30 AM we felt the Embassy would be a good choice as we would have time to eat their breakfast. Also the reviews on this site steered us to this hotel. The hotel was adequate. The suites were two rooms, but each room is small, altho if traveling with children it would be more appreciated. The hotel was sold out on the night we were there, so there was a lot of noise and commotion in the lobby area and breakfast was full. We encountered no problems, but will probably return to the Renaissance next month when we again fly from this airport. Overall, it depends what you are looking for in an airport hotel. We would prefer a larger bedroom and have no need for a separate sitting area or kitchenette.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple