“The Embassy Suites with the indoor atrium was awesome!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #44 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 26, 2010

From the ambiance to room layout, ammenities and excellent customer service, this hotel was absolutely awesome! The staff truly make the hotel a success or failure and this hotel was a great success!!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2010

My husband and I always stay at this hotel prior to our annual vacation and always enjoy it . This year , people were arriving at an alarming rate and we thought there was some type of convention . We later found out these people came from a flooded apartment complex . Small children and adults constantly in and out of the pool and all areas of the hotel , slamming doors , running down hallways, and making all lobby areas a hazzard due to the little bit of snow outside and around the pool area . There were also security guards walking around the hotel , making us feel very uneasy . We have never had this situation in our past stays here and hope it does not happen next year .

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My stay was scheduled due to inclement weather. Over all the staff was generally pleasant. Although, the General Manager was not too friendly, not sure if he was having a bad day, or he is always like that. I feel that if I am paying top dollar for a stay I should be welcomed professionally, not as if I am a bother. There have been some renovations to the hotel since my past stay in the previous years. I'm not sure if I like them, but it does have a more modern feeling. The showers are smaller with clear doors, and there are more tables in the room, which became a hassle after a while because the sofa bed needed to be utilized. The rooms are not the worst in the world, I just prefer the old style over the new. During my stay I did run into a MAJOR problem : a glue mouse trap became stuck to my foot in the middle of the night. Not only was the peanut butter on my foot, the glue was too. The trap was located next to the front window. ( I was looking out of the window) .The pool was pretty gross. There were all types of foriegn objects at the bottom of it. There were rubber bands, hair clips, dirt, and other things floating in the pool. The blankets on the bed were rough and had many holes, maybe from mice. The way the hotel is set up noise rises right to your front door, meaning it's very noisy. I had the Salmon at their restaruant, it was very tasty. I am happy to be out of that hotel, but not for long because I was just informed we must stay there again tonight :(

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
gmoten, Hotel Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2010

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We are short staffed because of the extreme weather conditions. The staff on property have been working around the clock trying to provide exceptional customer service to all our guests. Please let me know how I can correct the issues you experienced. We always strive to make sure all our guests have a wonderful experience and stay. As for the pool the Hotel apologizes if the priority of the pool slipped during the Sate of Emergency.

Reviewed January 2, 2010

me and 2 friends stayed here for new years and we were AMAZED at the lobby and how beautiful it was. when we got to our room we were also shocked at how modern and clean the furniture was and how big the TVs were. the only issues we had were that the room was definitely not vacuumed because there were little stars all over the floor that we picked up by hand. Also there was a used towel wedged behind the TV in the bedroom that we didnt notice until the next day... kind of gross.. and the noise from the atrium is LOUD in the living room. our sink in our bathroom was clogged but they had a maintenance man come fix it within 5 minutes which was nice... but other then that the hotel was beautiful and if in the area again we would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2010

To treat myself for a special occasion, I spent a night at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. It is a hopeful indication when the front desk personnel are friendly and response (and have a sense of humor). In fact, later on in the day, the staff member who checked me in was leaving after her shift, remembered my name and asked about my accomodations. About those accomodations - when I reviewed the two-room suite, I found it so clean and ordered that I felt ...almost...that I should clean up after myself.. There were little nicks in the furniture indicating wear but hardly noticable. The bed was so soft and pillowed that I wondered if I'd have to force myself to get up the next morning. There were small notes that I appreciated - the towels were absorbant, a plus, the rooms' temperature was easily regulated. the in-room coffee service was premium (well, what can one say about a teabag whose compartment is made of a silk-like material instead of paper?) Both the manager's reception and breakfast certainly satisfied the definition of each presentation and my needs; the wine at the latter was good and the omelet at the latter was well cooked and the other morning offerings included something for everyone. Considering the accomodations and the extras, I am surprised that the price was comparable to those of the surrounding hotels/motels that offer less in value .

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2009

This was a really good hotel to stay at. We decided last minute that we wanted to spend the night near the airport rather than drive home late at night. We reserved the room from the airport and everything was ready for us when we arrived. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We needed some extra bedding at midnight and they accommodated. They don't have housekeeping services that time of night but I was able to go to the front desk and they went to housekeeping and got the bedding for me.

Everything was clean and well maintained. The atrium was very nice with a lot of water and koi and goldfish swimming in one of the pools. It added a really nice touch.

Breakfast in the morning was very good - what I expected from Embassy Suites.

The internet worked well and I had no problem accessing it. There is a 10.95 fee unless you're a HHonors Gold member.

I'd definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2009

We stayed in the Embassy Suites at the Philadelphia airport for 5 nights. The room was the typical two room Embassy Suite suite, but seemed even larger. There really was a lot of room. There are two new flat screen HDTVs, one in each room, and they get HD channels. Parking was free and the breakfast was great.

However, it must be noted that the hotel is very loud. You can hear almost everything going on in the atrium from the living room. It is better in the bedroom. Also, we didn't get housekeeping to clean our room once because we had the do not disturb sign up the first time they came through and we specifically asked housekeeping to come back later and they did not on several occasions. Also, make sure you know that this draws the typical Embassy clientele: families.

Overall, I was pleased. Especially with the $99 rate.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family