“Stay here if you want some problems!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #43 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Mechanicsburg, PA
“Stay here if you want some problems!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2008

I stayed here just last week. My family and I had used the park and fly deal, so we could leave our car at the hotel while we were away. Check in went smoothly. Our room was on the 5th floor and it was ok inside. Nothing special for the price we had paid. The hotel is in the middle of no where so we had to eat at their restaurant. All meals were over priced and our waitress was not very good. The waitress even hit my mom in the back with a plate as she cleared the table. Our bill at there was $90 and that was for two regular meals and one appitizer as a meal! The gift shop's food is over priced, too. Three ice cream bars were $12! After dinner we were in our room for a while when the air conditioning broke. We called the front desk and they sent a handy man who after some time fixed it. Later we discovered that we were one short on bath towels. How do you not give a room enough towels when you know how many people are going to be in that room?! In the shower there was a piece of a razor, which means the shower had not been cleaned. On the pull out couch bed, there was a candy wrapper on it, yuck! The breakfast the next day was ok. The omlets and made to order eggs were good. Most other food was cold and workers did not restock food when it ran out. I am not sure if you would want to stay here.

• Liked — cooked to order eggs at breakfast
  • Disliked — room, expensive food
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Traveler0714

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2008

If you can make it past the dirty front doors and unvacuumed hallways, you will see that the guest rooms are not half bad. My room had been recently redecorated with new furniture, bedding and a flatscreen tv. The room felt clean and the bed was very comfortable.

At checkin I was informed of a promotion that would earn me Hilton points if I spent a certain amount at the restaurant. I found that extremely amusing based on the cleanliness factor I observed in the lobby. No thanks!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable room
  • Disliked — Dirty lobby area and hallways
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Litl1
Austin TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

This hotel was unimpressive. One working elevator in the entire facility. Dirty room and common areas. Over-chlorinated, cloudy, bug-ridden pool and green wirlpool tub.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank kelbelfel
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

the service was quite rude, the construction was annoying, the rooms were crummy, they only had one washer and dryer, the pool was freezing and the breakfast was just okay.

• Liked — nothing really, i guess its lil resturant they had in there
  • Disliked — pretty much everything about the hotel
  • Stayed June 2008
1 Thank xsomexdudex
Southern CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2008

not properly staffed-had to bus our own table at breakfast for 2 out of 3 of the mornings. Not enough food for the amt. of guests.
when we booked our room, we were told they can give us a roll away bed to accomodate our family. When we got there, we were told that they don't have roll aways, so one of my kids had to sleep on the floor, as they were all booked up on the other larger rooms.
they have 1 washer/dryer for the entire hotel, and the washer was broken.
Pool was very cold, and water was cloudy. floor was wet and slippery, no staff around to clean up.
Desk staff were rude and insensitive, and not trained on their computers.
We left behind something of great importance to one of my kids, and for the next two weeks, we had to persistently call housekeeping to get them to send it, even though it was found right away. Then they sent it, and also sent someone elses lost and found item in a separate box.
I have never written a negative review before, but feel this hotel deserves this review.

• Liked — they have airport shuttle
  • Disliked — need to totally revamp their staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank nursemjs
Nashville. TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2008

Stayed 2 nights 7/6-7/2008, coming off a family reunion in Lancaster, PA(Travelodge--dump).. Have stayed in ES several times, with my wife/ 3 kidz, since 1998. I rate this place as neutral. Restaurant was closed, Sunday, when we arrived but there is a Ruby Tuesday, 1 block w/in walking distance. Children went to the pool but said it was "freezing". I found the room space to be a typical city ES. All the ammenities, coffee, 2 tv's. etc. Yes, there is construction, in my sutuation.. the 2nd floor. I was on the 4th. (Did not hear the noise in Rm. 449.) Mgt. I don't know...The front desk seemed to be asking alot of questions to each other. In fact, I was sent to a room with a king bed, instead of a 2 dbl. and had to change after hauling luggage 5 floors and across the lobby.

(Shuttle to and from the airport ( across I-95) was very efficient and friendly. Room, clean, but I would have probably have taken 2 rooms adjoining for 2 nights (with 3 teenagers ),if the hotel had let me know they were available. Did not eat food there. The breakfast they served was a 'custom omlette" and cereal, oats, etc., a few things you see at I guess a Holiday Inn Express, not what I have become used to staying at an Embassy Suite. I would have expected more at $190 a night+ tax.

• Liked — Proxemity to the airport
  • Disliked — Not what I have become eo expect from Hilton
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
medford,nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

Recently stayed there for a business meeting. I cannot believe how the service has deteriorated. I have been to this hotel once or twice a year for business for the past ten years. Never expected the low level of service.

The hotel had major problems. The air conditioner was broken.
The hotel was very hot. The elevators randomly worked. The management did not respond to any complaints or concerns in a timely or professional manner.

There are many other choices. I recommend looking elsewhere.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#56 of 85 in Philadelphia
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!