“VERY NICE, BIG ROOMS”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was a very nice stay and I would be happy to stay here again, clean rooms and a great breakfast in the morning. The check in was very quick and room was ver quiet. Really a nice place and staf was very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you felt your guest suite was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of my team.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed one night while sightseeing in Philly. Our room was super clean and quiet even though when checking in you could see the hotel was close to being full. Evening managers reception was nice with plenty of seating. Cooked to order breakfast was well made and service was fast. Dinner at the restaurant was not great. Pizza was a frozen crust with canned sauce. I wasn't expecting a grand dinner but yikes. However, staff at this hotel made it a great stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear you felt our hotel was extremely clean and you appreciated our friendly and welcoming staff. However, I apologize for the issues that you encountered in our Restaurant and have taken the liberty to share your feedback with our Food & Beverage Director and Executive Chef so these types of guest inconveniences do not happen in the future. Our mission at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia is to deliver exceptional hospitality in every aspect and I am disappointed to hear that we failed in our execution.

I appreciate your feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on a future visit.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a business trip. I prefer to stay at an Embassy Suites and this one was a bit older seemingly than others that I have used; however the service was still acceptable. The staff was effective and welcoming. This is apparently a highly used hotel because as a rewards member I still wasn't able to get late check-out. Parking was decent but wasn't free. The meeting rooms was nice. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but the banquet meals, were tasty. My room was great! Bedding was excellent. The water looked empty with no fish in the pond. The hotel was very quiet, so it was easy to rest. I think the note about children not being in the hallways late night, was written cute and not insulting.

Room Tip: While the corner rooms are always nice, I asked for a room near the elevator and the room was litera...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and appreciate your kind and gracious comments regarding our friendly staff.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope to see you gain in the near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The price was reasonable and I have stayed here many times . But it seems to be under different management, not sure though. I am sure that it is a beautiful hotel cutting back on the simple things to make a travelor comfortable. Before arrival had requested extra blanket n sheets . Upon check in the desk clerk even relayed the request as if it was done or would be arriving to room soon. As the night went on no blankets etc arrived I called down and then left for a while. When I returned there was a bunch of unfolded blankets sheets etc on couch. I wouldn't even take bedding to a tent that way. my grandson got some ice and he poured a soda floating was all dirt particles or mold not sure which from the ice machine . It was from the ice because we then checked ice bucket and it was discussing. I was delayed for 3 hours and sat in their lobby from2 till 5 the hotel had no restaurant open no free coffee nowhere to buy a coffee no where to eat . The water in lobby was empty when I asked at front desk about the water they responded not their job .it got refilled at 455 . I won't ever go back to this kind of treatment. I stayed a week later at Hampton inn Philadelphia airport and it was great . I have been told they are not managed by same . Doubletree NYC this week superb in every way.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. I am extremely disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional. We take pride in our efforts to provide the very best in hospitality. Please accept my apologies for the less than acceptable service execution by our staff. I will share your feedback with my team so that we may be able to make improvements in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Good location, decent rates, very good staff and nice looking. Not my first stay. Parking is decent and more reasonably priced than many hotels I have stayed. Parking is outside but good, FREE would be better! Atrium is very nice and meeting rooms are nice. Have only eaten there for lunch, other than banquet meals, and it was not bad. Banquet lunches/dinners were good. My room was great. With only shower some may not be happy but I found it just fine. Not easy to shave legs with no place to rest legs. Bedding was so nice. Embassy Suites are really great for multiple guests in room, plenty of space. Miss the ducks that were at this location for years. Heard several stories why there were not there but hope they are happy where ever they are.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly understand that you miss our ducks, Bill and Ben. We made the decision, under the advice of a local reputed Veterinarian, to release the ducks into the Wildlife Preservation that was a safer and more conducive environment for their health & well being at this point in their lives.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com because our daughter was having a swim meet in this area. Despite having received a reservation is confirmed message I called as we were heading to the hotel and was told we did not have a reservation and they were completely booked. I was dumbfounded and scrambled to try to find lodging elsewhere. About 10 minutes later as I was getting more frustrated with lack of availability my husband said let me call and ask again. Miraculously we now did have a reservation!

Upon check in we went to our room on the 2nd floor and were immediately assaulted by SMOKE smell in our non smoking room. A very nice maintenance member named Derron assisted us with beau coup air freshner and confirming ot the management that the room smelled of smoke. THen we began noticing all the bugs. It must have been a while since the last person checked out because we found 6 different bugs, 2 alive and 4 dead.

The breakfast in the morning was good but the cook to order took over 25 minutes of waiting, then the order was wrong. There also wasn't sufficient seating.

The kids were very excited to go to the pool but when we took a closer look at the water it was covered in a weird "clear gelatin looking sludge" and contained globs of hair. Very gross! None of my children wanted to get into the water!

I think the hotel has potential but it's the little things...like charging a mandatory $25 fee for incidentals, $7 for parking, uninformed staff and yucky pools that make people come back....or not.

Room Tip: come on a day when they aren't fully booked so you can switch if someone smoked before yOU!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. Our mission at Embassy Suites is to deliver exceptional hospitality and I am disappointed to hear that we did not achieve this during your visit. We take great care to inspect every guest room to ensure our high standards are adhered to prior to occupancy and I apologize that this did not occur and that a smoke smell was not corrected as required. We have special equipment to help facilitate this smoke remediation and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced in any way. I am also dismayed that insects were present and our pool water was not clean & clear as it should be. I will share your comments with my team so that w can make the necessary corrections in our hospitality execution.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on a future visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The staff are extremely helpful. We had never been to Philadelphia so we needed some direction in getting around the city. The staff provided us with suggestions to make our travel as simple as possible. Other hotels cannot compare to the amenities offered with the manager's reception and the quality of the food at breakfast. Very affordable and much better than staying downtown. The train is easily accessible via the hotel's shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Wow! Thank you very much for your 5 Star review and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. It is absolutely fantastic to hear that you appreciated the wonderful amenities, services and value that Embassy Suites offers!

Thank you again for your kind feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.