Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #43 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Fenwick Island, Delaware
“Awful”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I looked at all the reviews that gave this hotel high ratings. They were not seasoned travelers. I am.. I would never stay here again.. We were greeted by the worst front desk clerk ever.. We went to the room that had mold on the shower and carpet with many stains ( never took my shoes off or took a shower) I called the front desk to ask about internet.. The clerk was very short with me. We got back to the hotel after dinner and I wanted a coke. I didn't have change and went the front desk and was told they don't have any money... Our airport shuttle was an old van that smelled awful. .We parked the car at the hotel and went on our trip.. We called the hotel when we returned and they were to send a shuttle.. Finally after 40 minutes the old van shows up. He told us he had never been called he was just passing by.. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional. We take pride in our efforts to provide the very best in hospitality. Please accept my apologies for the less than acceptable service attitude of our staff, and the general lack of cleanliness. I will be sure to share your feedback with my team so that we may be able to make improvements in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Only complaint are rowdy kids at pool after 9pm and no one seemed to care even though it was supposed to be adult hours and think they were brought in as friends of employee and not actually staying in hotel
Great breakfast and free drinks at happy hour

• Stayed October 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and for your 5 Star Review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and evening reception. I apologize for the unsupervised kids in the pool and that our pool attendants were not present as required.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.
Wind Gap, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the night before leaving on vacation. It was the first part of our trip to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The hotel staff were all excellent and treated us as if we were honored guests. Our room was clean and comfortable, the restaurant was very good, and the facilities lent themselves to a relaxing stay. The aiport shuttle service was very good. We would gladly stay at this hotel again for a future stay and fly from Philadelphia Airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your 5 Star review and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport! I am extremely pleased to hear that you felt we consistently meet your expectations and that our staff is always friendly and helpful.

Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We would be honored to host your return engagement.
Prince George's County, Maryland
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Checked in at midnight. Given a room almost a mile away from the front desk. Okay, this is a bit of an exaggeration but it was a far walk. Especially at the late hour, after a 2 hour drive and preggo. Not to mention we had to switch rooms because of hair in the bathroom sink and shower and a bug on the wall. Management and housekeeping were more than accommodating.

Breakfast was delicious. The cooks are hilarious and friendly. Plus, the grits are AMAZING. If the cook makes a suggestion, do it! We didn't even want grits but came begging for some on Sunday.

Rooms/Bed
Spacious and comfy! At 7 months preggo I was hesitant about leaving my foam mattress at home for an unexpected regular mattress. I had some really good sleep on this bed. The black out curtain was fab as it kept us nice and cozy.

Pool
It was nice and warm but small. We went when no one was there which was nice. We even sat in the jacuzzi for a while.

Happy Hour/Managers Special
We went on a weekend and I was surprised to see this happen on the weekend. It was packed but individuals were served free beverages quickly as possible. On Saturday only one waitress was working so she went as fast as she could making drinks and processing food orders. It's a comfy spot on the back of the hotel atrium w/plush seating, bar seating, an light music. I avoided the free food. I can't mess w/buffets especially w/pp allowing their child's to serve themselves.

This was an older property and it left a bit to be desired. The lobby was nice. I appreciated the $7/night parking compared to the Center City property which is $50/night. The accessibility is awesome w/regards to Center City and Penn's Landing.

I would probably stay here again for the value. We used our Hilton points. I hope this review was helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jknecole
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your comfortable bed and our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and evening reception. It is fantastic to hear that you appreciated the great value that Embassy Suites has to offer.
Stewartsville, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Hotel sold my room not once but twice after I was in it. Strangers with keys walked into my room twice. If I wasn't there all my family's computers jewelry could have been gone in a flash. Not to mention the awareness of relaxing in your room and people walking in with door keys thinking it is there room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Glenn M
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional. We take pride in our efforts to provide the very best in hospitality. Please accept my apologies for the unacceptable behavior by our hotel staff that disturbed you. We take great care in training our team on proper guest service and communication and I am sorry that this was not practiced as required. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with my management team so that we can learn from this and improve upon our hospitality execution.

Broomfield, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I chose this hotel because we had a morning flight out the next day, wanted to stay close to the airport, and it was reasonably priced (non-refundable $144). I wanted to stay at the Marriott attached to the airport but is was $350 for a Thursday night. It drops on weekends. So I chose the Embassy Suites instead. The night before our flight, we dropped the rental car off at the airport and called the hotel for a shuttle pickup. It took less than 15 min. We had 2 rooms and they really large and nice. Each had a living room and bedroom, both with large screen TVs. They weren't HDTV, however. My room was really quiet and I slept quite well. The next day, I ate at the complimentary breakfast which was good. I had scrambled eggs and donuts which were good. Breakfast was as good as any complimentary breakfast I've had. The shuttle service leaves every 1/2 hr and was very fast and convenient. The hotel is just minutes away. I was extremely satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Andrew K
Thank you very much for your 5 Star review and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport! Your very detailed and thoughtful response about your stay is very much appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your large rooms, complimentary cooked to order breakfast, Airport shuttle service and the great value that Embassy Suites offers.

Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.