“Wonderful front desk staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #43 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Melbourne, Florida
“Wonderful front desk staff”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I asked a lot of the front desk staff as I shipped myself several large crates to be held there for me. Several times I had to access, unpack and re-pack the crates right there in the lobby. The front desk staff was quick to help me with packing supplies I forgot to bring, contact engineering when I had trouble opening a crate and generally provide me with all the information and support I needed. Better yet, they did it as if it was the most interesting thing they'd done all day! The hotel was what you'd expect of a great Embassy Suites. The hospitality reception, rooms and and amenities were all great. But the front desk staff is what I remember most. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your 5 Star Review about your experiences at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am extremely pleased to hear that our front office staff was very helpful and that the hotel met your expectations.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We would be honored to host your return engagement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ocean Pines, Maryland
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night prior to our vacation and the again for one night on our return. The front desk is very helpful and the room was clean and spacious. The shuttle left right at its posted time in the morning and was there within five minutes of our call on the return. There is a wawa and Ruby Tuesday within walking distance. We didn't have the opportunity to participate in the managers reception or any meals. Our first night was in the middle of the week and the hotel was very quiet. Our second night was a Saturday and it seems like alot of the local people use it for a getaway to take advantage of the indoor pool, free happy hour and breakfast. This visit, they had more visible security and shut the pool down at a reasonable hour, which made it more pleasant for everyone else. We would not hesitate to come here again!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank wavelets
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your 5 Star Review about your experiences at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am extremely pleased to hear that you felt your guest suite was clean and spacious and the front office staff was very helpful. It is also fantastic to hear that our shuttle was on time, as it should have been and that you felt safe and secure in the hotel.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great property for families with top notch service. My only suggestion is that if you do stay here, ask not to be on the side far from the elevators. Some of the rooms are VERY far from the elevators and luggage carts are very difficult to find. The breakfast staff was very nice. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Beware of rooms very far from elevators - you probably will not be able to find a luggage cart. The...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and appreciate your kind and gracious comments regarding the top notch service you were provided by our staff.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope to see you gain in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Embassy suites is a very nice hotel for a day or two day stay in Philly. Close to the airport & highway, but be warned of rush hour traffic....it is horrible.
The rooms are very nice and spacious all suites with a seperate bedroom and living/work area. The resturant however needs the most updating and definately needs friendlier staff.
It is clearly evident that the hotel upgrades have revolved around the eating area, but the seating itself has never been upraded. Plus the staff is definately not as charming as they are in other hotels I have stayed in. My philly chesses steak that I ordered for dinner actually came out ice cold, fries and all. The manager still made me pay for the meal even when I replaced teh steak for a salad. I've never heard of that before. Plus the attendant was so non-challant that I really did not want to have dinner there again.
The front end hotel staff were very helpful and the free shuttle is awesome for the 6am flights!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jokerpoker_1
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I apologize and am embarrassed for the issues that you encountered in our Restaurant and have taken the liberty to share your feedback with our Food & Beverage Director and Executive Chef so these types of guest inconveniences do not happen in the future. Our mission at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia is to deliver exceptional hospitality and I am disappointed to hear that we failed in our execution.

I appreciate your feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on a future visit.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you haven't stayed here in a few years it is time to go back. Since they remodeled and apparently are under new management the staff and facilities are A+. Great location to airport & downtown, close to gas & convenience store, and the bartenders and front desk staff too excellent car of us on this busy weekend. Dinner recommendation of Lehmans was excellent, nearby and not your typical chain you see near the airport.

We'll be back

Room Tip: Very spread out so if you have a lot of luggage or kids ask for a room closer to the elevator. Also...
1 Thank Zito55
Thank you very much for your 5 Star review and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport! I am pleased to hear that you felt the staff and facilities were an “A+” and that our service team took excellent care of you during your stay.

Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We would be honored to host your return engagement.
Newtown, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2013

When I made my reservation I requested adjoining rooms.
Upon arrival, we were told you do that when you check in but all were taken!!
EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING & STRESSFUL!!!
We felt that they mislead us just to get our business.
They will not get our future business when operating like that!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. Our mission at Embassy Suites is to deliver exceptional hospitality and I am disappointed to hear that we did not achieve this during your visit. I apologize that the room type you requested was not available when you checked in and were unable to accommodate your request. We take great care to accommodate all of our guests and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced in any way.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on a future visit.
Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife, daughter and I overnighted here before an early flight west. They now have paid parking behind toll gates which made it easy for us to park and fly. The shuttle runs frequently from hotel to airport. They have a full service restaurant as well as complimentary breakfast and evening reception. Ths place works on several levels. Also very convenient to Philly sports venues.

Room Tip: location is far enough from airport that noise is not an issue
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed you stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. We sure do appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. It is fantastic to know that you appreciated our new automated parking gate system that ensures a parking place for your vehicle. I am also pleased that you valued our excellent complimentary breakfast and manager’s reception as well as our restaurant, shuttle frequency and convenient location to area attractions.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.