“Great hotel, very comfortable - wish it were cheaper !”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #49 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Terrific hotel - suites are large & comfortable. Bed was clean and supportive. Facilities were nice - but shower head needs replacing.

Great stay - a bit over priced.

• Stayed: May 2012
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you felt that your guest suite was very clean, comfortable and spacious. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our maintenance staff to ensure we check our shower heads.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope you will visit us again real soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,678)

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Great stay this week w/a great staff. My company actually wanted me to stay at another location, but I chose this one over it. The breakfast is outstanding. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you felt your guest suite was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of my team.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was very dissappointed with my experience at this property this weekend; however I do want to first share what was good. All staff were pleasant; the hotel was clean; beds were the most comfortable ever; breakfast was great; and  front desk staff at their level addressed my concerns. The suite layout is great for those who want a separate bedroom. It is one of only a few true suite properties. The bathroom is updated.
This is where they must improve. The telephone reservationist was clueless and kept placing me on long holds to speak with a supervisor. I hung up and in a matters of minutes made my reservation. I booked this hotel to be close to the airport. I was careful to get instructions before leaving home. It took 40 minutes to be picked up while I watched courtyard Marriott, Ramada,,  4Loft and EVERY OTHER hotel shuttle circle several times. Finally my heart lifted, but hopes were dashed when the driver passed by on an outside lane and never looked our way. Three calls to the hotel later we were picked up(others had the same experience). What made this so onerous is that when I called I was asked to follow directions and stand at the right place (I was there) and when I raised the issue back at the hotel I was given a long lecture about customers not calling and being in the right place. I let them finish their spiel before sharing with them that I was not one of those. Customers should not have to hear the internal griefs of a corporation. I tipped the driver anyway because i felt the problem was management, not the driver. Now, to my stay. I should have known there would be a problem when a sign at the elevator announced a 10PM curfew with a big quiet sign. Being Penn Relay weekend it was swarming with guests.  I packed swim clothes expecting to get rejuvenated in an upscale property while in the area. First, the water temperature is too warm for swimming say for exercise; but more for frolicking in the water. I was soooo turned off to see loads of kids get in the pool in street wear to play. Where were the chaperones and where were hotel personnel? Guests ran through the halls, created havoc, were boisterous; one stomping up and down in the elevator. Infuriating. Now for the room. So surprised when I opened the door. Drab furnishings and carpet looking more like an old Days Inn.  A garment got wet in the closet. Someone had left an iron face down on the closet floor. Evidently the water was not drained and a huge puddle of water was on the closet floor.  Taking a shower was iffy in that water temperature changed unexpectantly during the shower - running hot to cool. One security issue; my name and room number were typed on my key envelope. The check out was longer than expected in that the evening staff person evidently did not share my concern with the manager. I had to make my report all over again and seek some redress. I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Huntsville, AL the weekend before. What an awesomely lovely facility and experience! That is what I was expecting this weekend. This property near the Phila. Airport needs to step it up a notch or two for their brand to remain credible. I will not be staying there again. In summary, the facility was was fine; however the management must be improved. I recognize that this was a challenging weekend or them, but I think they should have been prepared for the crowd.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NorthFloridian2

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you felt the hotel staff was pleasant, the hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was great and the front office staff was capable in addressing your concerns.

I apologize for the numerous issues that you encountered that made your stay much more difficult than it should have been. Our mission at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia is to deliver exceptional hospitality and I am disappointed to hear that we failed in our attempt.

I have reviewed all of the issues you encountered during your stay with the rest of my staff so we can make corrections, so these type of guest inconveniences do not happen in the future. At your convenience, please drop me a line at brad.swales@hilton.com as I would like to resolve these issues for you.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on a future visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond and stay at many Embassy Suites.Mostly, they have become a bit dated. However, the attitude of the staff at this property makes it easy to recommend it.
The rooms are typical, but spotless. The front desk manager was outstanding in every way. Even the young man assigned to help during breakfast (Keith) was great.
Kudos to this hotel. I'll be returning soon, and fairly often.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you felt your guest suite was spotless and that our service staff was exceptional. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Keith in our breakfast department and let him know how much you appreciated his service attitude and attention to your needs.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Service was outstanding-from the breakfast cook to the front desk and the airport shuttle driver, we enjoyed the staff, making it a pleasant visit. The only real issue (minor) was a TV in the bedroom that wasn't set up (we figured it out).

One unexpected benefit - we were able to park the car there after out stay for $5 a day. A great convenience.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and appreciate your kind and gracious comments regarding the outstanding service you received.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The Chefs at this breakfast buffet are wonderful and follow your wishes making the best omelet ever!!! The omelts are very large and they offer additional meats and fried potatoes, cheese, spinach, peppers and many more items. They are very friendly, helpful, and never complain about your order.

Room Tip: The Embassy Suites models their rooms the same. They are two-room suites suitable for families.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Thank you for sharing your kind comments about your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. It is absolutely wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast. Our Breakfast Chefs enjoy making your omelet to order and I am pleased to hear that you felt they were friendly and helpful. We love providing excellence in hospitality and it is great that you recognized this during your stay.

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

There's something about the sound of moving water and the feel of the air in a place like this. I was at a 2 day Kryon conference with about 100 other people. We didn't stay at the hotel, but held the conference there (why you ask? room prices! We stayed the the Courtyard Marriott just steps away for considerably less). For a conference space, and dining it was great, except, we found the the service in the restaurant and bar was slow, slow, slow. There seemed to be not enough staff ever. Quality of food was very good, drink not so much. Only on-the-continent wines and 2-3 to choose from, which a higher per glass price than worth. I had a great shrimp dish for $26 and really was all I could eat. Deserts were unimaginative, but did the trick (chocolate funnel cake, flan, etc) The conference staff was attentive and helpful and the desk staff also. The river running though the inner court yard was really lovely and kept an airport hotel from being typical.

Room Tip: Did not stay in a sleeping room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AmberWolfPhD

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about the conference that you attended at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the peacefulness of our open atrium environment. It is truly one of the best and most important features of an Embassy Suites that helps to differentiate us from other hotels. I am glad that our conference and front office staffs were attentive and that you enjoyed your entre in the restaurant. However, I am sorry that the service was not as timely and the staff was not as plentiful as it should have been. I will share your comments with our F&B Director to ensure we staff appropriately in the future.

Once again, we appreciate the time you took to share your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to service your hospitality needs in the future.